v17 Music Artwork Resolution Small
First of all, sorry, this is my first time in a forum. I've looked everywhere I could think for help

Hello, I have a problem with my music album artwork. It is consistently caching as 200x200 when the source of all my music is 900x900
I've tried using <imageres>900</imageres> in advancedsettings.xml multiple times and even did a complete reinstall of kodi, but the problem persists.
Artwork at this size doesn't look good on my television.

I am running windows 10 64bit and kodi 17.3 with the skin aeon nox installed. Please help, thank you.
Some questions:

Is you album art embedded in the music files, or a separate file in the album folder?
How do you know it is 200x200?
Do you experience the same problem if you switch skin to Estuary or Confluence?

But I will admit artwork is not my strong point, so I may have missed something obvous.
As far as I remember, kodi caching system is a little bit weird:

-all resolution settings assume a 16:9 A/R artwork
-caching is made by default with 720 height MAX except for fanart that use 1080 height MAX

That would need to be check in the wiki, but if I'm right there is no chance your artworks have been cached in 200*200
It should have been cached like mine in 720*720

About <imageres> , maybe it's not working anymore...
Only someone from the team could confirm that
Moanbag is in da place!
Thanks for the replies.

-My artwork is embedded in the music.
-I know it is 200x200 because I've looked at the cached images C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Thumbnails.
-Yes the problem persists even on estuary. I don't see confluence anymore so I can't check.
Are you sure that the software you use to embed the artwork did not reduce it to 200*200?
Moanbag is in da place!
Yes, the software I use is called dbpoweramp. It allows me to view the embedded artwork and also states that it is indeed 900x900.
I can't seem to upload the image of dbpoweramp.
I really have no idea why this would happen.

BTW for reference Confluence is available from the official repo, but confirming the apperence with Estuary is sufficient.

Yes as far as I can see <imageres> setting is still used by the texturreCacheJob, 720 x 720 by default.

In testing cached thumbs come out at all different sizes.

I still have to wonder about the tagging as the source of the issue. Perhaps PM me a link to an example music file? Or at least look at the file with Mp3tag.
I'm not really sure how to pm you a link to my music. If you could guide me? My apologies, again I've never asked in a forum before.

Also, could you give me the exact filled setting or, maybe your advancedsettings.xml? Perhaps I've simply been missing something.
(2017-07-01, 19:19)speeder212! Wrote: I'm not really sure how to pm you a link to my music. If you could guide me?
Ah sorry, just noticed that you have not posted enough posts to be able to do that, you need > 10 posts before PM is allowed. The idea is to put some music somewhere on the cloud and send me a link so I can download the file, but do so privately so as not to fall foul of copyright etc. I don't really want your music to play, but just to see the tags first hand.
Quote:Also, could you give me the exact filled setting or, maybe your advancedsettings.xml? Perhaps I've simply been missing something.
With no setting, or the wrong setting, the images should be fine, so I don't think that is advancedsettings.xml that is the issue. There is nothing in my advancedsettings.xml about images.

Maybe someone else will have some ideas?
Is there a way to directly upload an image? I have a screenshot of dbpoweramp showing metadata for a single file.
I do have some music that has no copyright. It states on the games webpage that users are free to use it.
(2017-07-01, 21:26)speeder212! Wrote: Is there a way to directly upload an image? I have a screenshot of dbpoweramp showing metadata for a single file.

Yes, post your image here... https://imgbb.com/

Then copy and paste the address you are given into a post here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Here is my picture. It's been scrolled down to encompass the album art section.

https://ibb.co/iZ24YQ
maby kodi did not use your local/embedded file, and download some low res cover

i checkt my thumb folder, lots of my cd covers are 1000*1000, and they are all 720*720 in the thumb folder
(2017-07-02, 03:36)meowmoo Wrote: maby kodi did not use your local/embedded file, and download some low res cover
That's an interesting idea.
Speeder212 is "Prefer Online Info" setting enabled?

But I think Speeder212 is saying all his thumbs are 200x200 in cache, and that is odd.

Image from dbpoweramp didn't help. Sure there is an image in the music file, but is it in a tag that Kodi is scanning? I think I need an example file, one way or another.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Artwork Resolution Small0