v17 Music Artwork Resolution Small
(2017-07-04, 18:32)speeder212! Wrote: Correct DaveBlake. C:\Users\Joshua\Music\Chris Brown\Yeah 3x\Folder.jpg does not exist! These album folders only contain the mp3 music files (which have the images embedded into them).

I did one last test....

if there is no folder.jpg inside the Album but the Cover is embedded into the mp3

it looks like this
Code:
DEBUG: Caching image 'D:\Mukke Picared\Rob Zombie\[2003] Past, Present & Future\1-01  - Thunder Kiss '65.mp3' to 'c/c6d4c00d.jpg':
23:11:37.022 T:4076   DEBUG: cached image 'special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/c/c6d4c00d.jpg' size 1000x1000

and since your log reads
Code:
20:00:19.902 T:9660   DEBUG: Caching image 'C:\Users\Joshua\Music\Chris Brown\Yeah 3x\Folder.jpg' to '3/39825544.jpg':

im 99% sure there is a folder.jpg somewhere In the Folder with the size of 200px, anyway I hope you figure it out somehow, im Done here Smile
I'll just format my PC, it needs it anyways...
Wow, that is a pretty extreme solution...
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It needs it! This is simply another reason why.
It does seem extreme!

With respect to this issue, it really does seem that there are low res folder.jpg files that Kodi is finding but you can't see. Maybe copy the music files you can see carefully to another location, so not whole folders or the mystery hidden images will come too but individual files, and try loading into Kodi.

A less extreme answer is to buy a RPi and install Kodi on that Smile
It makes a great media player.
(2017-07-04, 23:01)meowmoo Wrote: thanks for the links @Karellen

I think i will wipe the db/thumbs and run ./texturecache.py Smile

I made an additional note in the Artwork Cache section in red that could affect what you are doing.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Cache
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-15, 05:24)Karellen Wrote:
(2017-07-04, 23:01)meowmoo Wrote: thanks for the links @Karellen

I think i will wipe the db/thumbs and run ./texturecache.py Smile

I made an additional note in the Artwork Cache section in red that could affect what you are doing.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Artwork#Cache

Thanks for the info, large enough for my fhd TV Tongue
Lightbulb 
I ran into this problem too, and found this thread, but it didn't mention the solution.

There were indeed folder.jpg files in my source, and they were 200x200, which were then being cached by Kodi (confirmed by the debug logs).  I'm not sure how the folder.jpg files got created.  I suspect Windows Media Player downloaded them automatically a long time ago, when I forgot to disable that "feature" for a while.

Anyway, the reason these folder.jpg files weren't showing up in Windows Explorer, even after enabling Show hidden files, folders, and drives is because they weren't just hidden; they were marked as system files.  After I disabled Hide protected operating system files in Windows Explorer, I was able to see them and delete them.

I then deleted my music source from Kodi, and re-added it.  After the scan was completed, all album art now shows correctly at the same high resolutions that they exist within my mp3 files.

No hard drive formatting necessary. Wink
i have solved this for myself which i touched on in another thread over here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318634

i removed all my music from the WMP library, and removed my album folder also.
i then deleted all the annoying hidden artwork files "AlbumArt" "Folder" and "AlbumArtxxxxxx"
i then told my software (MediaMonkey) to save all covers as cover.jpg and then i added this to advancedsetings:

<musicthumbs>
<remove>folder.jpg|Folder.jpg</remove>
<add>cover.jpg|artist.jpg</add>
</musicthumbs>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Artwork Resolution Small0