v17 Headphones in kodi, passthrough doesn't work, command?
Hi all. I'm trying to set up a USB headset to work in kodi. It is detected fine and I can play audio out of it. However, I was hoping to set up the passthrough to play through both my HDMI output and the USB headset. I'm running on LibreElec.

I've turned audio sync off, but I still can't make the "Passthrough" functionality work. It only plays out of the main device. This isn't too much of an issue if I can use Yatse's custom commands to switch between them easily. However, I'm struggling to find any way to change the output device with a command. Any ideas?
Are you serious ? :-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-07-14, 12:40)fritsch Wrote: Are you serious ? :-)

Yes, have I done something wrong/stupid?
Passthrough means: send compressed audio to a device that is capable of decompressing and decoding it. It's a RAW audio stream consisting of IEC Frames.

Your headphone won't do anything with Passthrough-Audio. If you convince sending these bytes by force directly to it you will hear a whole lot of noise and nothing else.

In short: Passthrough only works in combination with a capable endpoint, e.g. an AVR.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah, sorry about that!

Is there a way I can instruct Kodi to mirror the sound to another device, or a command I can use to switch between audio devices?
A command exists via some json guisettings hack, please use the forum search for that.

Multi-audio is not supported by kodi. It can be easily done with pulseaudio, but is not supported in LibreELEC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headphones in kodi, passthrough doesn't work, command?0