record does not work unless edited
If I select record for the current program in the TV guide it does not start (and will never), same for programs in the near future. However if I go and edit that schedule, even if I don't change anything it immediately starts recording. could there be a problem with the plugin not sending the signal to notify MP that the schedule has changed but the notification gets sent when editing, perhaps a try/catch block is skipping out before the notify command is sent but after the schedule is created?
Works fine here. You need to give a lot more information, including MP version, Kodi version and platform, and debug logs.
it was so repeatable for me I am surprised it works for you, anyway here is the log
Logs]
I've just checked. What I did was open the EPG, pressed 'i' on my keyboard to open the contextual menu, then selected 'record' from the buttons.

The remote I have connected to my main PC has very few buttons, so I can't just press 'record' on the remote.

When I press record, it gives me the 'recording scheduled' alert, but the recording does start immediately.

Checked with two different channels.
that sounds like what I do, I don't have a record button as such but have a context menu button that I press and then select record. I then get the schedule message but the record dot stays grey and the recording never starts. before I realised how to fix it I have seen movies not record at all, so its not just slow to start, it doesn't start at all. I tried from 2 separate user accounts, so 2 separate Kodi configs, one of them being almost 100% stock standard. Mediaportal people tell me its the kodi plugin
I don't know why it is not working in your case. I cannot reproduce this. I also checked your post on the MediaPortal forum and I can confirm that I do call the event RemoteControl.Instance.OnNewSchedule(); when adding or updating a schedule.

Your log file contains enough information for me to start digging a bit deeper. I will check the code to see if I can find the problem here...

Update:
Your log file shows nothing weird. The settings of the Timer reported after the AddTimer and after the UpdateTimer for the same schedule are the same, so I don't see how the update schedule fixes the start of the recording. Whatever I try when using TVServer 1.17 (from MediaPortal 1), I cannot reproduce your situation. Al my scheduled recordings just start recording at the expected time.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
record does not work unless edited0