v17 Jumping to next track
Kodi 17.3 on RPi3

I have a 3TB USB drive & a 32GB USB memory stick plugged in. The 3TB HDD has videos (mp4) and the memory stick music (mp3)

The problem is that some mp3 music tracks stop and jump to the next track 30 seconds to a minute into the track. Its only some of them. All play perfectly well on my PC through WinAmp, VLC or mediaplayer so the file seems to be OK

On Kodi I've tried with & without shadertoy, delete & reload, reboot but it still jumps on the same tracks.

Any suggestions?
Always the same mp3 files that have this issue?

Turn on debugging, and create a debug log http://kodi.wiki/index.php?title=Log_file of playing one, then post a link to it.
I thought you'd say that <G>

I've tried and failed. The wiki doesn't see to be in sync with my version - is it different uner LibreElec?
Not really, although keeping wiki up to date and covering all platforms is an impossible job.

Search for debug log and LibreElec, I'm sure there are specific instructions out there. I know how to do it, I have a RPi myself, but I don't have time to instruct you here, sorry.
(2017-08-19, 20:25)DaveBlake Wrote: Not really, although keeping wiki up to date and covering all platforms is an impossible job.
Must agree with that - its bad enough trying to keep things up to date for one platform

(2017-08-19, 20:25)DaveBlake Wrote: Search for debug log and LibreElec, I'm sure there are specific instructions out there. I know how to do it, I have a RPi myself, but I don't have time to instruct you here, sorry.

Don't apologise - like a standard moron I'd been searching for Kodi Sad The instructions I found with your "complex" search string were a doddle to use apart from the TV dimming before I could type the url in here <G>

Logs are at: http:\\sprunge.us/WbVf
A little more - the track is Poison Prince (to help in viewing the log).

To me it looks as though its reporting a missing mp3 header which is causing the problem, but I have no idea which one. More interesting is that is I play using the dvdplayer it works on that track with a stutter where it would jump tracks, but the next track still jumps, and trying dvdplayer on track 1 of the album reboots Kodi
Thought I'd see if its a RPi specific fault so installed Kodi on one of my PCs (W10x32) and same problem
OK so ffmpeg (the player software Kodi uses) is having problems with that file, more than that I can't tell and I am not a player expert. I'll point the team experts in this direction and see if they have anything to add.

I'm not sure how much the ffmpeg devs are interested in specific file problems, or if they will just say it is a corrupt file and so nothing to be done. But I'll ask.
(2017-08-20, 16:20)DaveBlake Wrote: OK so ffmpeg (the player software Kodi uses) is having problems with that file, more than that I can't tell and I am not a player expert. I'll point the team experts in this direction and see if they have anything to add.

Thanks

(2017-08-20, 16:20)DaveBlake Wrote: I'm not sure how much the ffmpeg devs are interested in specific file problems, or if they will just say it is a corrupt file and so nothing to be done. But I'll ask.

If its the latter it would be helpful to know what yhey think the corruption is. If there's a way I can find out I'm happy to do some investigating..
Eureka found an MP3 fixer that recognized an error (no idea what) and fixed it - I'll now have fun running my entire collection through it.

I would guess that ffmpeg is standards compliant and the others are just working round it. I have sympathy for them I know how much I had to alter the email subsystem of my business app because Outlook Express left rubbish through.

Thanks for giving me enough hints to get things fixed.
Great, glad you have found the file issue and something to fix it. Smile

Do all your files need fixing, or could you not just look at the ones that skip in Kodi? OTOH good to get all your files in standard format.

BTW for future reference what tool did you use?
I did the whole lot - a few simple clicks - my involvement c30 seconds my poor long suffering PC about 3 hours

The tool

MP3val-frontend 0.1.1.
Copyright © Alexey Kuznetsov, 2007

http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/
I also experience this occasionally but it is never consistent or apparently repeatable. It always has the feel of someone pressing skip to next track.

All my tracks have valid tags according to MP3val and the same track tends not to skip the next time it is played.

I have never found anything in the logs which show any obvious error, but there is an issue somewhere !!!

Had in all versions for years, I've just accepted that I'll have to simply live with the issue.
@tkgafs not quite the same issue then as it isn't repeatable. Also as it isn't repeatable then it is impossible to investigate. So yes, I'm afraid you will just have to live with it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jumping to next track0