Reproduce a complete album
I remember that in old versions of kodi you could reproduce a complete album when navigating the artists, Don't now this is possible? From the release 16 this option does not appear.

Enviado desde mi M2 mediante Tapatalk
Sorry, I don't understand your question. Could you expand more on what it is you are trying to do?

Artist to album navigtion has not changed in any major way, but what versions of Kodi do you think behave differently to what you see now, and what version are you now using?
I am using the release 17.3, for example if i browse on the list of a artist, an album containing several artists I can not play the full album only the tracks of that artist. I remember in old versions if it was possible to play the full album.

Ah I understand now, thanks for clarifying.

Album artists lead to the all the songs on album, but if filtering is applied then the filter criteria are passed to both albums and then songs. This includes song artist, hence the behaiour that you see. I know it has been like that since at least v15 Isengard, probably before that.

But perhaps there are work arounds that can give the behaviour you want.

Maybe you would be happier with "show song and album artists" setting disabled, that way the artists node shows only album artists, and thenonly the albums by that artist, not the other albums where they only feature on a song as a guest or a various artist collaboration.

Also artist smart playlists, rather inconsistently, do not pass the filer rules down on navigating to albums and songs. So a playlist of artists will give you all the songs on an album when you click on artist then album, regardless of the rules. Maybe make a custom node to replace the artists node?

I would like to extend the navigation within the music library to do much more, making seeing all the songs, or just the filtered ones etc. optional while navigating, or being able to "move laterally" to say more albums by a guest artist of a song. I hope it will happen eventualy, when I find enough time.
Ok thank you. I have all my files well organized by artists and their corresponding albums, I do is browse the view by files and go directly to the album I want, but if for example I browse artists I can not go to the complete album.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reproduce a complete album0