What is missing from my music libary?
Split out from other thread
(2017-08-24, 16:14)RBraverman Wrote: On another note: Is there anything. that can tell me what I have that ISN'T in the database? Like the "Export Missing" in the video Section? I've SOOOOOOO much classical that I know isn't labeled correctly.
Well since the music library is populated from tags, there is no way for it to know what it hasn't got. Video is different, based on parsing file names and fetching data online. Looking for "missing video" is just a matter of looking for unscraped files - those that you have not been able to lookup data for online.

I think what you want is a way to see what mess your tags produced...
How I do it is a portable Kodi install, and just add a music source pointing only to those files I want to "test", and scan to library with "fetch online info on update" disabled so it does not scrape too. Then I ensure "show song and album artists" is enabled, and have a good look at the resulting nodes - artists, albums, genres and the relevent roles e.g composers, conductors, orchestras. Cock-ups, generally inconsistent spelling of artist names, are often obvious.

You could also have turned debug on before scanning, and have a look in the resulting debug log, but there are lots of false positive info in there at the moment e.g. tags found that Kodi does not process like ASIN or LANG etc.
(2017-08-24, 17:04)DaveBlake Wrote: Well since the music library is populated from tags, there is no way for it to know what it hasn't got.

Compare files to what is IN the dB?

(2017-08-24, 17:04)DaveBlake Wrote: Video is different, based on parsing file names and fetching data online. Looking for "missing video" is just a matter of looking for unscraped files - those that you have not been able to lookup data for online.

I think what you want is a way to see what mess your tags produced...

Now, Now, there ......... it's just the classical stuff.

(2017-08-24, 17:04)DaveBlake Wrote: How I do it is a portable Kodi install, and just add a music source pointing only to those files I want to "test", and scan to library with "fetch online info on update" disabled so it does not scrape too. Then I ensure "show song and album artists" is enabled, and have a good look at the resulting nodes - artists, albums, genres and the relevant roles e.g composers, conductors, orchestras. Cock-ups, generally inconsistent spelling of artist names, are often obvious.

I'll give it a try. Not looking forward to it. The repair of my video dB cockup took 3-4 months. I could die still working on this one.

(2017-08-24, 17:04)DaveBlake Wrote: You could also have turned debug on before scanning, and have a look in the resulting debug log, but there are lots of false positive info in there at the moment e.g. tags found that Kodi does not process like ASIN or LANG etc.

The former seems easier and more efficacious.

Keep you posted.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2017-08-26, 15:50)RBraverman Wrote:
(2017-08-24, 17:04)DaveBlake Wrote: Well since the music library is populated from tags, there is no way for it to know what it hasn't got.
Compare files to what is IN the dB?
What exactly do we compare?
For every file with a music extension there is an entry in the song table? But some files contain more than one song, they have an external or an imbedded cuesheet, so just counting songs doesn't work.

Albums, artists, their roles and and genres are all determined from the tags (nothing about filenames of folders). Other than the tag parsing we have already done I don't see what there is to check.

Quote:
(2017-08-24, 17:04)DaveBlake Wrote: I think what you want is a way to see what mess your tags produced...
Now, Now, there ......... it's just the classical stuff.
I was speaking personally, maybe all perfect then I give myself a cookie Smile
Usually a random genre spelling creaps in somewhere, or a composer tag is in a different langauge to artist. A quick check is satisfying.

Quote:I'll give it a try. Not looking forward to it. The repair of my video dB cockup took 3-4 months. I could die still working on this one.
You'll be fine. Give me a call if you get stuck.
the programme documented in the link below, is useful for providing a spreadsheet of the tags in all your music file.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294333

which can then be compared to whats showing up in your library

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is missing from my music libary?0