Solved Problems with SQL
Hey folks. I created a new fileserver using Freenas and am now encountering problems with the shared Library on the MariaDB I run on a Freenas Jail.
I can reach the MariaDB with a MySQL-Client on my test-client (currently a Mac).
I also added the advancedsettings.xml to my userdata folder etc.
If I hit "Update Library" it does literally nothing. I also see nothing in the logs.
Now I'm running out of ideas Sad
I followed this guide http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL and am pretty sure I didn't miss anything.
Any debugging ideas?
Can you supply a debug log so we can have an idea what might be the issue?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Currently not at home, but will do this evening. Thanks!
I enabled the debug log. Still nothing unfortunately.
After enabling logging I saw the messages on the screen regarding CPU percentage and memory.
I restarted Kodi and tried to Update the Library.
Again nothing.
And nothing in the logs:
Quote:ed plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
19:25:31.427 T:140736806806464 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x6000006fcc80 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
19:25:31.427 T:140736806806464 INFO: ADDON: cpluff: 'An unreleased information object was encountered at address 0x6080012ff180 with reference count 1 when destroying the associated plug-in context. Not releasing the object.'
19:25:31.427 T:123145538748416 DEBUG: Thread Announce 123145538748416 terminating
19:25:31.427 T:140736806806464 NOTICE: application stopped...
19:25:31.458 T:140736806806464 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDll(libcurl.4.dylib)

my advancedsettings.xml looks like this:
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.178.4</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

I just double-checked that I can login to exactly that server with that credentials.
Post a link to the full log, don't post snippets please.

It should show Kodi attempting to access the database and failing.

I see you are using 'xbmc' as the user in your advancesettings.xml. The MySQL guide creates the user 'kodi'. Did you change that to 'xbmc' when setting up MySQL?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Yes, username password is correct, I just now doublechecked again. (not trying to sound cocky, english is not my first language).
Link is
https://paste.ubuntu.com/25523394

Thanks for taking a look
Just to make sure, did you run
Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';
in the client?

It looks like the Mac can make a connection (as you confirmed), but is unable to create the Video database.
(2017-09-12, 23:47)runningnaked Wrote: Just to make sure, did you run
Code:
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'xbmc';
in the client?

It looks like the Mac can make a connection (as you confirmed), but is unable to create the Video database.

Hey, I might have forgotten that actually. At least the error message suggests that.
Thanks for your help!
I'll retry this evening. At the very least I know where to find error messages regarding the database now.
Hope I figure it out today. Would be awesome as this the shared library is a strongly missed feature currently.
Hope it works. You wouldn't be the first to forget to "grant All". Without it, Kodi can't create the tables required.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
It works!
Thank you all for helping me out and helping me understand Debug Log.
Very happy.
Off to movienight
Glad it's sorted out. Enjoy the movie(s)!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with SQL0