Netflix, CraveTV, Shomi
I was wondering if there were any official addons for services like Netflix or CraveTV / Shomi in Canada. I currently subscribe to CraveTV and would love to watch it through Kodi on my android box. Any help would be appreciated.
There are no official addons. If you're already using an android box, why not just use their official apps and link the android shortcuts right into Kodi? I no longer use an android but that's how I used to do it. You must have some skin setup knowledge but it's pretty simple and can be done in seconds. Keep in mind, you must use a skin that allows you to customize kodi's main menu. Just google add android app shortcut to kodi main menu.
I too would like an official app for CraveTV.
The Bell CraveTV app for Windows 10 does not have surround sound, and the picture quality when it first starts is low then higher quality.
Netflix only has surround sound in Windows 10 app, Netflix (Kodi app is great) & Amazon VOD (alright, app loading content is slower) works with Kodi in 5.1 in Linux.
So, for better quality, and the experience of using a Media Centre (all services in one location, using a smartphone as a remote), a CraveTV app would be appreciated.
In Canada, legally, the only way to watch Star Trek Discovery without a month subscription for regular TV (either Bell's iptv, or Rogers cable), is by using this service.
The CBC apps are nicely done :-)
Thread moved to addon requests
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Bell isn't going to likely act kindly to a third party app for CraveTV even if the app is purely innocent and completely "kosher".   If it is a TV, chromecast or roku have official CraveTV plugins.
Just made an account to express my interest in a CraveTV addon.  My smart TV is a little dated and clunky to use, and sadly there's no app on the Windows store so I can watch it with my HTPC.  The website works... but I don't really feel like watching content in not-so-glorious 2-channel-720p when I can find better quality elsewhere.

If I was smart and knew how to make an addon, I most definitely would!  Alas, I'll have to content myself with expressing my interest on this here forum and hope for the best.
I'd also love to see a Crave app, especially since they've added the premium HBO Go and Movie channel content.
You should send Crave an email they are currently adding support for other devices right now(available Nov 15) and their supported devices has "More to come soon!" at the bottom.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix, CraveTV, Shomi1