• 23(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
i guess we should consider switching to a different editor instead of the default one.

none of the bugs you report exist in the one i'm currently testing locally.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Putting my vote in for tapatalk. Really miss browsing kodi with it Sad
HT System - Denon X1500-H, 4x RP-500M for FR,FL,SR,SL, RP-404C for Center, 2x RP-500SA for Top Middle, SVS PB-2000. Harmony 665, LG OLED CX 65, Samsung PN51H5000 Plasma
(2017-10-25, 16:30)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-10-25, 16:15)Klojum Wrote: What actual use do the speech bubbles have? None that I can think off.
In the Search results listing, threads are always listed with the latest reply at the top.

The speech bubbles indicate threads that you have posted in, the previous forum also had an icon for this & I personally find it useful. I'm more interested in threads I've contributed to rather than all the other threads, which I can just glance at and skip over without trying to remember whether or not I posted in them.

Am I the only one that actually uses the New Posts option to check new posts? How else do people use the forums, do you trawl through every part of the forum looking for new posts? Assuming most DO use the New Posts option, how do you know if someone has replied to you or not?

For example if I post a number of questions in multiple threads am I supposed to remember which threads I posted in? Or do I now have to Subscribe to every thread I post in on the off-chance someone replies?

I can't believe I'm the only person missing this option, it's a basic feature of almost all internet forums. Surely a "Contains Posts by You" indicator is something that people find useful.
I also find the green bubbles very useful in determining where I have posted. I would be lost without them. (thanks @ronie for ridding the forum of the red ones)

As for reading New Posts, I am simply guided by the diamond shaped New Post icons to the left of the name of each sub-forum, then the green bubble icons for the new threads/posts.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-26, 21:17)Karellen Wrote: I also find the green bubbles very useful in determining where I have posted. I would be lost without them. (thanks @ronie for ridding the forum of the red ones)

As for reading New Posts, I am simply guided by the diamond shaped New Post icons to the left of the name of each sub-forum, then the green bubble icons for the new threads/posts.

This is my point entirely, the bubbles are very useful but the idea of clicking in and out of each sub forum seems a lot of work instead of using the New Posts feature --> https://forum.kodi.tv/search.php?action=getnew which is an excellent way to view any new posts... but it no longer has the Bubbles so becomes a guessing game to determine which threads are actually ones you have posted in.
I don't think that New Posts feature is accurate. I have read all new posts. The forum main page shows all diamond icons as clear. Yet clicking the New Posts button shows me 17 unread threads/posts. I have read them over the last hour as I recognise the ones displayed.

I don't think it respects read/unread status and just displays a list of Recently Posted regardless of status.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yeah it's always been that way, maybe it should be called "Recent Posts". I still find it a convenient one-click solution though, well it was last week Smile
Count me as one who would also like to see the green bubbles return.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
The bar in private messages that shows how much space is used doesn't appear to be working. More than 80% of my PM space is used, but the bar is only showing about 10% used.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Any chance of reinstating the Kodi Blog/News link at the top of the page?
Can the user post count be made to include unapproved posts, either in the total or as a seperate figure available to moderators?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Is it possible to have absolute time stamps, and not the "hours ago" timestamps.

I find the current display misleading. Click link for image

It is expected that "Yesterday" are yesterdays posts. That would lead one to believe that the posts with  "xx hours ago" are todays posts. But they are not. They are also yesterdays.

My current time in the image (bottom right corner) is 07:33. Subtract 11 hours and that puts me into yesterday.

https://ibb.co/jAS3rR
My Signature
edit: just seen my request listed in first thread Wink

well done Big Grin
GREAT!!! Tapatalk is back again.

Thank you very much!

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
Tapping the Reply button in Tapatalk doesn't include the post being replied to as a quote, unless the post includes a quote in which case it looks like part of the quote is being stripped off.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2