• 30(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
(2017-12-22, 02:57)KoopaTroopa Wrote: I did try searching and didn't find any mention of this particular "issue" so apologies if someone has already requested/mentioned it.

I wondered if it was possible to remove that default "avatar" for all users who have no uploaded a custom avatar for themselves?

I am not sure if it's just me, but I find it confusing to see that default avatar for "almost every" user and when scrolling down it just looks like the same person posting their messages.  I know there are things like usernames and post counts to distinguish, but it would be much easier to just not show any avatar image unless the user uploads one.

Thoughts?

OR...is there a way I can turn this off for myself so I only see avatars that have been uploaded by users?

I avoided bringing this one up myself, but now that it has been mentioned...

It is not just you @KoopaTroopa. I too am sometimes confused by the default Simpsonesque Kodi logo avatar. If it could be removed easily, I'm all for it. If it's going to cause a headache for @ronie, well then I'll just learn to live with it.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
(2017-12-21, 23:43)ronie Wrote: @vbat99 @Karellen should be fixed now

Sweet. Confirmed as fixed.

Cheers for the quick fix. Have a great Christmas.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2017-12-22, 03:38)MetalChris Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 02:57)KoopaTroopa Wrote: I did try searching and didn't find any mention of this particular "issue" so apologies if someone has already requested/mentioned it.

I wondered if it was possible to remove that default "avatar" for all users who have no uploaded a custom avatar for themselves?

I am not sure if it's just me, but I find it confusing to see that default avatar for "almost every" user and when scrolling down it just looks like the same person posting their messages.  I know there are things like usernames and post counts to distinguish, but it would be much easier to just not show any avatar image unless the user uploads one.

Thoughts?

OR...is there a way I can turn this off for myself so I only see avatars that have been uploaded by users?

I avoided bringing this one up myself, but now that it has been mentioned...

It is not just you @KoopaTroopa. I too am sometimes confused by the default Simpsonesque Kodi logo avatar. If it could be removed easily, I'm all for it. If it's going to cause a headache for @ronie, well then I'll just learn to live with it.

Go to your user control panel (click on the arrow beside your name in the top-right hand corner) then select user CP > edit options (bottom of the your profile menu, second column from the left near the top) and under thread view options (lower right hand side of the screen) you have a tick box for "Display users' avatars in their posts". Untick that and then push the update options button at the bottom to save the change.

You can use that to turn avatars on and off - it's all of them rather than just the default ones, but may be a suitable compromise?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-22, 02:57)KoopaTroopa Wrote: I wondered if it was possible to remove that default "avatar" for all users who have no uploaded a custom avatar for themselves?

sure. i've changed the forum settings to only show custom avatars.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-12-22, 12:21)ronie Wrote:
(2017-12-22, 02:57)KoopaTroopa Wrote: I wondered if it was possible to remove that default "avatar" for all users who have no uploaded a custom avatar for themselves?

sure. i've changed the forum settings to only show custom avatars.

I still see the default blue avatars. I waited in case it was a caching issue, but still there 35hrs later.

ImageImage
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thx should be (really) fixed now
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
as requested by @DaVu we now also support inline highlighting in forum posts

@ronie, I'm not sure if it is by design, or if I simply don't understand how the new forum works, but I noticed that when I edit a post that was quoted, the formatting gets lost each time which causes inserted photos and paragraphs to be messed up. Here is an example from my YouTube posts:

Without Quote (formatting retained, photos one after each other with spaces):
[-img]http://i.imgur.com/CELW9Jw.jpg?1[/img]

[-img]http://i.imgur.com/cigdYBK.jpg[/img]

[-img]http://i.imgur.com/HFvz7RP.jpg[/img]

[-size=large][-color=#0000cd]* Step 2: [/color][/size]

With Quote (formatting messed up, photos side by side, Step 2 also not on next paragraph):

[-img]http://i.imgur.com/CELW9Jw.jpg?1[/img][-img]http://i.imgur.com/cigdYBK.jpg[/img][-img]http://i.imgur.com/HFvz7RP.jpg[/img][-size=large][-color=#0000cd]* Step 2: [/color][/size]

NB: I have purposely added extra dashes in the code there to not show all the images and colour in this post (mostly because I can't see how to post as 'code' anymore?)

Can you please check it? 

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
@jmh2002 sure i'll have a look
can you give me a link to one of those posts?
Yes, the above is a short excerpt from Posts in my YouTube Personal API Key Instructions.

Here is the old post in the old thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2299960

And the new post in the new thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2681560

The content in the posts is the same, the only difference is the old one is entirely quoted, and when I just copied and pasted it into the new thread I found the formatting became messed up.

I could manually edit and fix the post, and that worked, once, but when editing it again later the formatting was again messed up each time.

I found by accident that removing the quotes solved the problem.

THANKS Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
yup i can confirm. i've digged around a bit, but haven't found the cause yet.

as a workaround, you can go to your user settings and select 'Put the editor in source mode by default'.
if you then c&p the post, it should preserve the formatting.
Thanks Ronie, I added source mode as default. And, do we no longer have the option to format as 'code' like before, or am I missing that somewhere?
it's the Syntax button: </>
Ah great, thanks Smile
@ronie any chance that we could have subscribed threads on notifications as a stack? For example, show only one notification even if thread gets more than 1 reply
Image Image
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here2