4K video playback problem
I have an older HTPC running Windows 7 64bit that couldn't handle playing 4k content from a local hard drive without skipping, choppy video and audio.  I upgraded it with a Geforce 1050 Ti so the GPU could handle the load that the CPU can't currently do.  I am now able to play 4K content great with standalone player such as MPC-HC, but it still plays just as choppy as before when trying to play anything 4K from inside Kodi.  I have tried with a number of different 4K videos downloaded from the net such as LG and Samsung HDR demos.  I have hardware acceleration enabled inside Kodi, but I must be missing a setting somewhere. 

Here is the log file:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/25708534/
Perhaps there is another setting to force hardware acceleration through the GPU?  Any help would be appreciated!
(2017-10-15, 05:19)Wakeboarder141 Wrote: Perhaps there is another setting to force hardware acceleration through the GPU?  Any help would be appreciated!

10:00:57.594 T:2704 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
10:00:57.595 T:2704   ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.
10:00:57.595 T:1776   DEBUG: Thread VideoPlayer start, auto delete: false

Try v18 nightly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I tried it with the V18 nightly, but the results were the same.
Post the Debug log (wiki) from v18.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K video playback problem0