The TVDB scraper is currently broken due to upgrade works at TheTVDB site. We hope this issue will be resolved quickly.

OS X Audio out of sync and video not smooth when using HDMI (since High Sierra?)
Hi,

I've been successfully using Kodi connected from a MacBook Pro to my projector through HDMI for a long time. Recently it stopped working correctly:

1. audio seems to become more and more out of sync
2. video is no longer smooth. It's choppy and with an uneven speed

I have tried tweaking with all the video options (sync playback, adjust framerate, audio passthrough, etc.) and nothing seems to solved it. I also tried to install the latests Kodi nightly build but nothing changed.

This only happens when I play it through HDMI. If I remove the HDMI cable, both video and audio work fine when I use Kodi in the laptop by itself.

It started happening recently so I imagine it could be related to High Sierra.

When I use VNC the audio works fine but the video is still choppy.

Anyone else is having similar problems? Is this a bug in macOS High Sierra?

Please advise.

Thanks in advance,
Nuno
Let's start with a debug log (wiki) so we get some more details of what goes on when your HDMI cable is plugged in.
Using VNC for watching videos is never a good idea in my opinion.
Got a Kodi problem? Provide us with a full Debug log (wiki) || Usefull pages: First time user (wiki) || Troubleshooting (wiki) || Free content (wiki) || Forum rules (wiki) || VPN policy (wiki)
(2017-10-15, 04:53)Klojum Wrote: Let's start with a debug log (wiki) so we get some more details of what goes on when your HDMI cable is plugged in.
Using VNC for watching videos is never a good idea in my opinion.

Eventually, I decided to install Kodi on a dedicated RPI3 I had here doing nothing and now everything works fine. So no need to pursue the solution for this mystery. Thanks for your help anyway!

Nuno

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio out of sync and video not smooth when using HDMI (since High Sierra?)00