• 4(current)
v17 Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update
Changing the adjust refresh rate to start/stop did not fix my issue just in case.
@Zerofuture
Too bad the new driver didn't fix the problem. Our situations are different though, I didn't have green lines, just a black screen with an "unsupported resolution" message.
Couldn't find anything in your logfile but I'm no expert so that might not say anything. While going through the logfile I remembered one other issue I had that might resemble the problem you had, but might be a long shot:
After installing the new drivers I played with the setting and came across something in the Video segment of the settings. There was a setting about colour space which I switched to "YCrCb" that caused weird colour problems but only when playing a video. Since you have an entirely different TV than I have (mine is much older and "only" full HD) it might not be related but it's the only thing that resembles your issue a bit.

Your issue might also be caused by a driver setting that your TV might not like.
Hope this helps a bit.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
It is a bit of odd issue. I have the YCrCb setting set to on and have had it on without issue in the past. The work around of just turning off adjust refresh rate works well enough for now. Maybe a subsequent windows update or driver update will completely fix the issue.
(2017-10-26, 01:06)mambro Wrote: @all'

Again: Go to System Settings -> Display -> Use fullscreen window  and set it OFF

Try this workaround and report here if worked 4 you

On my NUC with a Broadwell-i3, it works.

Best,

top_gun_de
Wanted to update on an apparent complete solution that I found to this problem.  Hope it works for others as well.

I went to the Intel website and found the latest video drivers for my CPU (in my case, a Core i3-7100) and downloaded and installed those - instead of the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's (Gigabyte) website.  Lo and behold - for a few hours at least - Kodi playback is completely smooth and stable, with no loss of video output, no stuttering or freezing, and no green monsters.  My favored YCrCb output works fine, too - which hasn't happened since updating to Windows 10 Fall Creator 2017 Update.

The Intel drivers were dated October 10, 2017 and were released for the latest 8th gen Intel chips, but compatible with older generations as well.

Hope this proves helpful others as well.

Here's the link to the download:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...15-47-?v=t

Les
(2017-11-05, 01:38)les_hd Wrote: Wanted to update on an apparent complete solution that I found to this problem.  Hope it works for others as well.

I went to the Intel website and found the latest video drivers for my CPU (in my case, a Core i3-7100) and downloaded and installed those - instead of the drivers from the motherboard manufacturer's (Gigabyte) website.  Lo and behold - for a few hours at least - Kodi playback is completely smooth and stable, with no loss of video output, no stuttering or freezing, and no green monsters.  My favored YCrCb output works fine, too - which hasn't happened  since updating to Windows 10 Fall Creator 2017 Update.

The Intel drivers were dated October 10, 2017 and were released for the latest 8th gen Intel chips, but compatible with older generations as well.

Hope this proves helpful others as well.

Here's the link to the download:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...15-47-?v=t

Les
even with auto refresh set to Always or on/off?
That is where the problem is.
HT Room: Yamaha RX-A 3020, BenQ W1070, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Audiovector M3 Super 7.1
Living Room: Yamaha RX-V 771, Samsung UE75H6475, Intel KODI MVC laptop, Zidoo X8
Yes.  I'm set to "always" and it's fine.  So the Intel driver update solved the issues for me.  I had a bunch of issues following the Fall Update, as noted.

It does appear that various systems have different issues and different solutions.  Unfortunately.

Les
Hi,

Intel released new drivers (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=88180).

Has anybody already tried these with the Fall Creators Update? Maybe it is a final solution for the video problems.
(2017-11-08, 18:51)bollstedt Wrote: Intel released new drivers (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...duct=88180).

Intel has released several new drivers the last days/weeks, which probably means there is a driverissue related to the fall update. It also means they are on it and (trying to) fix the problem, for Intel GPU's at least.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Another affected person here. I'm using a fully updated Intel NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH BOXNUC6I5SYH Silver/Black with Kodi 17.5 and Windows 10 with the Creator's Update installed, and am seeing black screen with Adjust Refresh Rate turned to either Always or Start/Stop. Switching between fullscreen/windowed modes with the "/" key brings video back, but exiting the video requires repeating this process. I also tried both Full Screen and Windowed Full Screen modes, but neither fixed the issue.

Any other fixes suggested, aside from reverting to the prior Windows update?
Same problem here! Since Update to 1709 the screen stays black if refresh rate changes is activated (movie is playing in the background because I hear the sound). Found a way to "activate" the black screen. If I change the System-Volume when screen is black (Windows OSD is shown in the upper left corner with new Volume-level) the image/movie will show all the missed frames (until the volume change) and screen is working as supposed.
I have the same problem. I have updated all drivers to no avail. If I turn off the adjust refresh rate it works but then I get some video judder. If I minimize and then maximize the window it plays normally but this isn't ideal. I will wait to see if updates fix this issue or if someone smarter than me posts a solution.

Thanks,

Ryan
I doubt anyone can solve these issues other than Microsoft / Intel / Graphics Card Manufacturers.

Intel seems to be working hardest on the issue, with multiple recent updates to Intel graphics drivers.  These have solved the problems for me, at least.

It makes sense to keep watching for driver and software updates from all these sources.
(2017-11-12, 00:17)les_hd Wrote: I doubt anyone can solve these issues other than Microsoft / Intel / Graphics Card Manufacturers.

Intel seems to be working hardest on the issue, with multiple recent updates to Intel graphics drivers.  These have solved the problems for me, at least.

It makes sense to keep watching for driver and software updates from all these sources.

Intel seems to be working hardest on the issue because Intel is the only one with the issue.  This isn't an O/S problem or anything other graphic card manufactures should be looking into.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
There was no issue until Microsoft released the Fall Creator's Update.

Many people - including me - would think that Microsoft bears some responsibility, at the least for not properly testing the new release and working with Intel to correct the problem before the new release affected lots of users.

Further, I've seen reports of problems from users of external video cards (made by AMD) not using Intel graphics - that also indicates the problem goes beyond Intel.

Microsoft is on this hook, too.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with video after Windows 10 Fall Creators 2017 Update2