• 4(current)
Beta Night
finally, Great!
let me try first.

edit:
so i downloaded and i installed
and when i apply the skin and back to the home screen what i found is
the settings is mess,
i losing my library menu like movies and tv shows and others menu section that i was used from my previously skin
when i edit the menu the kodi suddenly force close,
and i try it over again and still, even the context menu, but hell yeah thanks for let me try this developer version.
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
(2018-04-05, 11:59)3500 Wrote: finally, Great!
let me try first.

edit:
so i downloaded and i installed
and when i apply the skin and back to the home screen what i found is
the settings is mess,
i losing my library menu like movies and tv shows and others menu section that i was used from my previously skin
when i edit the menu the kodi suddenly force close,
and i try it over again and still, even the context menu, but hell yeah thanks for let me try this developer version.
That shouldn't happen, try to restart KODI after you apply the skin.

If it's possible please provide a screenshot ...
Working ok here out of the box.
16gb RAM PC Windows 8.1

All good.
All my media was there from start. No messing about, vanilla install A-ok.

To settings, menu editing didn't crash, I couldn't get past 'Hide Addons' on enable/disable items, but that probably id number issue (and as you said you dont need function bugs atm).
No FCs yet.
Thanks @badaas, good to know that it's not a general problem ...

Already fixed the "can't get past hide addons" issue, as you already mentioned, it was a duplicate item id ... thanks!
Thanks for your alpha/development release. I installed it on a Mac. After install I had to force Kodi to shutdown because I had no menu at all and after a restart everything worked fine. The only time when Kodi crashed, was after enabling the dashboard. Everything else is working perfect and the skin looks amazing. Thanks a lot.
(2018-04-05, 18:28)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for your alpha/development release. I installed it on a Mac. After install I had to force Kodi to shutdown because I had no menu at all and after a restart everything worked fine. The only time when Kodi crashed, was after enabling the dashboard. Everything else is working perfect and the skin looks amazing. Thanks a lot.
 Thanks, does KODI always crash when toggling the dashboard? Does the dashboard work anyway?
(2018-04-05, 18:34)bkury Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 18:28)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for your alpha/development release. I installed it on a Mac. After install I had to force Kodi to shutdown because I had no menu at all and after a restart everything worked fine. The only time when Kodi crashed, was after enabling the dashboard. Everything else is working perfect and the skin looks amazing. Thanks a lot.
 Thanks, does KODI always crash when toggling the dashboard? Does the dashboard work anyway? 
Yes. Always when toggling the dashboard. In the dashboard setting in the setting menu I can select clock, weather etc.. but when entering the dashboard in the home menu, Kodi crashes.
(2018-04-05, 18:45)Aaiemron Wrote: Yes. Always when toggling the dashboard. In the dashboard setting in the setting menu I can select clock, weather etc.. but when entering the dashboard in the home menu, Kodi crashes.
If you select "Dashboard" in the home menu it simply activates KODIs screensaver, so is it possible that you haven't set a screensaver? (still KODI shouldn't crash if there is no screensaver configured)
Set your screensaver mode to "Dim" and for testing purposes change the activation time to 1min. Now every time your screensaver kicks in you should see your dashboard and this should also fix the dashboard home menu item.
(2018-04-05, 18:53)bkury Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 18:45)Aaiemron Wrote: Yes. Always when toggling the dashboard. In the dashboard setting in the setting menu I can select clock, weather etc.. but when entering the dashboard in the home menu, Kodi crashes.
If you select "Dashboard" in the home menu it simply activates KODIs screensaver, so is it possible that you haven't set a screensaver? (still KODI shouldn't crash if there is no screensaver configured)
Set your screensaver mode to "Dim" and for testing purposes change the activation time to 1min. Now every time your screensaver kicks in you should see your dashboard and this should also fix the dashboard home menu item. 
Yes, that worked. After one minute the dashboard showed up and when pressing a button I returned to the home menu. Thanks.
Question: Is it possible to change the widgets?
(2018-04-05, 19:57)Aaiemron Wrote: Question: Is it possible to change the widgets?
 I don't know what you mean by that, are you talking about the dashboard widgets or the general InProgress / RecentlyAdded Movie/TV widgets?
(2018-04-05, 20:02)bkury Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 19:57)Aaiemron Wrote: Question: Is it possible to change the widgets?
 I don't know what you mean by that, are you talking about the dashboard widgets or the general InProgress / RecentlyAdded Movie/TV widgets?  
I mean the general Widgets. RecentlyAdded etc.. Is it possible to add or remove widgets there? Like widgets from a playlist or videolibrary
(2018-04-05, 20:06)Aaiemron Wrote: I mean the general Widgets. RecentlyAdded etc.. Is it possible to add or remove widgets there? Like widgets from a playlist or videolibrary 
Yes, you can create your own home menu / widgets with the help of skin/kodi favourites, this system might be more complicated at first but it's also far more powerful.
(also there are no "common targets" implemented yet, so it's a little bit harder to do now than it will be later on)

Let me walk you through:
* Let's start with adding our first skin favourite (e.g. a link/favourite to movies) : Home Menu --> Files --> Select "Movies" and bring up the Context Menu --> Go to the left menu and select "Add to Favourites"
* A new dialog will popup, select the first empty spot and confirm with "Add favourite: Movies"
* Now that we have our first favourite let's go to "Preferences --> Favourites --> Custom Home 1", Select the "Empty" Spot and select the previously created favourite "Movies"
* Deck 1 should now pop up, click on it to change it from "Static Content" to "Dynamic Content"
* Select "Item 1" and (in your case) navigate to "MORE" --> Select Playlist from Folder

That's pretty much it, you should now have a "Movies" Home Menu Item with a widget which shows your playlist content. Every favourite you add can be used to create static/dynamic widgets, so just play around with it ...
(2018-04-05, 21:01)bkury Wrote:
(2018-04-05, 20:06)Aaiemron Wrote: I mean the general Widgets. RecentlyAdded etc.. Is it possible to add or remove widgets there? Like widgets from a playlist or videolibrary 
Yes, you can create your own home menu / widgets with the help of skin/kodi favourites, this system might be more complicated at first but it's also far more powerful.
(also there are no "common targets" implemented yet, so it's a little bit harder to do now than it will be later on)

Let me walk you through:
* Let's start with adding our first skin favourite (e.g. a link/favourite to movies) : Home Menu --> Files --> Select "Movies" and bring up the Context Menu --> Go to the left menu and select "Add to Favourites"
* A new dialog will popup, select the first empty spot and confirm with "Add favourite: Movies"
* Now that we have our first favourite let's go to "Preferences --> Favourites --> Custom Home 1", Select the "Empty" Spot and select the previously created favourite "Movies"
* Deck 1 should now pop up, click on it to change it from "Static Content" to "Dynamic Content"
* Select "Item 1" and (in your case) navigate to "MORE" --> Select Playlist from Folder

That's pretty much it, you should now have a "Movies" Home Menu Item with a widget which shows your playlist content. Every favourite you add can be used to create static/dynamic widgets, so just play around with it ...  
Thanks a lot for your comprehensive answer. I will play around with it.
Loving the skin Smile

I am having a problem on windows 10 though. I have downloaded and installed plexkodiconnect and when I start up Kodi, I get the error "Library sync thread has crashed. restart kodi". No matter how many times I restart it, I still only get as far as this screen.

Thanks!
Edit:- I have installed plexkodiconnect on a different pc with only the Estuary skin and still the same, so it's a Kodi nightlies issue methinks
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6