• 5(current)
Beta Night
would like to see option to detach widgets from home screen and to enable circular navigation and would like to see option to adjust widgets like banner, poster, landscape, thumb,square and maybe even a banner with thumb mix. but other than that thx for the dev skin it looks very promisung alot of good and different options i havent seen before cant wait to see finished product. thx much
i meant detach widgets from menu
(2018-04-08, 05:34)kow1234 Wrote: would like to see option to detach widgets from home screen and to enable circular navigation and would like to see option to adjust widgets like banner, poster, landscape, thumb,square and maybe even a banner with thumb mix. but other than that thx for the dev skin it looks very promisung alot of good and different options i havent seen before cant wait to see finished product. thx much
There will be an option to hide any widget you don't want to see, if that is what you meant. Different style of widgets will be something for after the stable release, however there will be an additional widget style for the "dashboard" feature in the upcoming release (example screenshot below)

General Update:
I'm happy to report that the skinning issues have been fixed, so make sure to get the latest KODI nightly (alpha2) as soon as it is available. I'm going to release Night alpha1 by the end of April, this version will include the missing poster, banner/landscape and clearart viewmodes as well as other improvements and small features ...

(2018-04-17, 10:18)bkury Wrote:
(2018-04-08, 05:34)kow1234 Wrote: would like to see option to detach widgets from home screen and to enable circular navigation and would like to see option to adjust widgets like banner, poster, landscape, thumb,square and maybe even a banner with thumb mix. but other than that thx for the dev skin it looks very promisung alot of good and different options i havent seen before cant wait to see finished product. thx much
There will be an option to hide any widget you don't want to see, if that is what you meant. Different style of widgets will be something for after the stable release, however there will be an additional widget style for the "dashboard" feature in the upcoming release (example screenshot below)

General Update:
I'm happy to report that the skinning issues have been fixed, so make sure to get the latest KODI nightly (alpha2) as soon as it is available. I'm going to release Night alpha1 by the end of April, this version will include the missing poster, banner/landscape and clearart viewmodes as well as other improvements and small features ...

That's great.
good news
Hi,

may i ask, if there is a krypton version of your skin?

Thanks and kind regards,
Peter
Q - works with pvr ?
Q- possible to make own pvr views ?

Good work 💪
(2018-04-18, 19:16)Peter911 Wrote: may i ask, if there is a krypton version of your skin?
I'm afraid not. By the time this skin will be "finished" it's most likely that KODI Leia has also been released, also there are some nice skinning changes which really help to save a ton of xml code ...

Quote:Q - works with pvr ?
Not yet, but PVR support will be added gradually within the next weeks ...

Quote:Q- possible to make own pvr views ?
I'm not sure. I don't use the PVR backend, so I have to setup a PVR demo environment first but if the PVR stuff works like the normal viewmode window then the answer is yes.

edit:
I just installed the demo PVR environment and I can confirm that all existing viewmodes (including the custom ones) will also work with the PVR window.
Its end of April where is alpha version. lol
I really like the way how this skin looks so far and I am also very curious if your alpha version of the skin is ready for release.
But don't rush it. It's done when its done. Again great work.
Thanks
Just a small update:

As you might have noticed, I didn't have that much time to work on the skin in the last 2 weeks. A lot of other life stuff was going on but I will have more time this week, will post an update next weekend ...

In the meantime, I would like to get some feedback about the dashboard and custom viewmode feature:
  • Do you use/like the dashboard feature? What kind of additional widgets you want to see implemented?
  • Do you use/like the custom viewmode feature? Any additional options/tools/ideas you want to see implemented?

Thanks and see you soon ...
3d viewmodes would be cool  like 3d shelf and 3d list
(2017-10-28, 17:25)bkury Wrote: Night Skin 
Night Skin is a fanart focused Skin for KODI 18 (Leia). Design is based on the deprecated Night Skin by mcborzu with addition of common and unique skin features.

Download:
Beta1 will be available soon (Delayed, January)Features:
  • Backend Support: EMBY & PLEX (OpenPHT Client is also supported)
  • Custom Viewmode: Create your own Viewmode without any skinning experience and share it with other users.
  • Dashboard: Create your own Screensaver with all sorts of different Widgets (Clock, Logged In User, Recently Added, Weather, RSS, ...)
  • Native Support for 16:9, 16:10 and 21:9 AR (beta2)
  • General: Vertical/Horizontal Home Menu, Color Options, 12 Viewmodes (Size, Background and many other customizable Options), 3 User Custom Viewmodes
  •                 4 OSD Modes (Full / Minimal), Customizable Favourites, Dynamic Backgrounds, ...
  • ... much more ...
Screenshots:(Note: Design elements might not be final, Default Color Scheme / Default Background used)
watch gallery
Video:(It shows some basic skin navigation and how to create your own viewmode in less than 5 minutes)Note: I don't have proper screen recording hardware, so please ignore the choppy animations! 
 Where can I try this skin? Thank you
(2018-05-13, 22:26)kow1234 Wrote: 3d viewmodes would be cool  like 3d shelf and 3d list
Personally I'm not a big fan of 3d viewmodes, although they might look fancy sometimes their practical use are somewhat limited. There are also a lot of opinions how to do a 3d viewmode (tilt or rotate left/right/down/up, ...), so I think the best way to solve this problem is to let users create their own (3d) viewmode. Custom viewmode feature will have an option to X/Y/Z rotate every object, this way you can create your own 3d viewmode look ...

In the end, the idea is to do every viewmode with the custom viewmode feature, so users can have their personal viewmodes exactly how they like it.

Quote:Where can I try this skin? Thank you
See: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2722414

I will update my initial post with the download/github links as soon as the alpha version is ready ...
is "beta1" out yet? I dont see the download link to it in the OP
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6