• 16(current)
Beta Night
(2020-10-15, 00:31)bkury Wrote: Night (GIT) v2.5.0 is now available for testing ...

Available via Night repository, or as a direct download here
Note: You can have both stable and development version installed.

Now that the technical side of the skin is pretty much finished, I'm going to focus on improving the GUI and fixing any outstanding issues. 
If everything works out I should have a stable version by the end of this month. 

Happy testing!

Thanks for the update. Great things you've added.
Question: When I set up a Custom Menu Item, the widgets when set to dynamic don't show anything, when set to static you see widgets.
Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong. (I use a playlist added to favourites as a widget)
I prefer the dynamic mode
HI, thanks for this skin. I haven't figured out how to fully set it up yet, but we shall try. When I add my libraries, movies and tv shows using horizontal menu , have two widget rows. However , pressing up from main menu , highlights widgets on the top row, pressing down from top row, goes back to main menu. Both ignore the bottom widget row.  Doesn't appear any way to access the bottom row of widgets.
If I'm highlighting my inadequacies , rather than bugs please tell me  Blush ,  There , as yet, doesn't appear to be a sepeaate sub menu per main menu item, ie, the default movies submenu, "titles,genres,years" etc, to get to those , I have to click on movies then press back. I tried "favouriting" genres, then adding it as a custom main menu item but it doesn't work. Also there is no option to add custom items to submenus.
Quote:Question: When I set up a Custom Menu Item, the widgets when set to dynamic don't show anything, when set to static you see widgets.
Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong. (I use a playlist added to favourites as a widget)
Dynamic playlist widget should actually work just fine, just tested it:
* I have set Custom #0, Widget #1 to dynamic and added a playlist (Item #1) via "Content --> Item #1 --> General --> Add Playlist" menu entry (picked random_movies.xsp which comes with the skin for testing)

When I go to the home menu and select the custom home menu item the random movies widget shows up without any issues. 

(Note: Use the skin's "Add playlist" feature instead of KODI favourites which is currently broken because it returns unusable skin paths since KODI Leia)

edit:
If you are talking about an existing library playlist (and not a playlist xsp file) then it's even easier :
Home Menu --> Library --> Playlists --> Select your playlist --> ContextMenu --> Add to custom home

Every item can be added to custom home this way.

Quote:When I add my libraries, movies and tv shows using horizontal menu , have two widget rows. However , pressing up from main menu , highlights widgets on the top row, pressing down from top row, goes back to main menu
Confirmed. Seems to be a bug, thanks for reporting.

Quote:There , as yet, doesn't appear to be a sepeaate sub menu per main menu item, ie, the default movies submenu, "titles,genres,years" etc, to get to those , I have to click on movies then press back
If you are still talking about the horizontal menu you are correct. The filter sub menu (Recently added, in progress, genres ,...) hasn't been implemented yet. It's already on my GUI todo list and should be available in my next update.
(2020-10-15, 23:11)bkury Wrote:
Quote:Question: When I set up a Custom Menu Item, the widgets when set to dynamic don't show anything, when set to static you see widgets.
* I have set Custom #0, Widget #1 to dynamic and added a playlist (Item #1) via "Content --> Item #1 --> General --> Add Playlist" menu entry (picked random_movies.xsp which comes with the skin for testing)

When I go to the home menu and select the custom home menu item the random movies widget shows up without any issues. 

(Note: Use the skin's "Add playlist" feature instead of KODI favourites which is currently broken because it returns unusable skin paths since KODI Leia)

Quote:When I add my libraries, movies and tv shows using horizontal menu , have two widget rows. However , pressing up from main menu , highlights widgets on the top row, pressing down from top row, goes back to main menu
Confirmed. Seems to be a bug, thanks for reporting.

Quote:There , as yet, doesn't appear to be a sepeaate sub menu per main menu item, ie, the default movies submenu, "titles,genres,years" etc, to get to those , I have to click on movies then press back
If you are still talking about the horizontal menu you are correct. The filter sub menu (Recently added, in progress, genres ,...) hasn't been implemented yet. It's already on my GUI todo list and should be available in my next update.

Thank you for your prompt response.
(2020-10-15, 23:11)bkury Wrote:

edit:
If you are talking about an existing library playlist (and not a playlist xsp file) then it's even easier :
Home Menu --> Library --> Playlists --> Select your playlist --> ContextMenu --> Add to custom home

Every item can be added to custom home this way.

Quote: 

Oke thank you for the explanation. 
In that case, can you please add "in progress episodes" and " recently added TV shows" to the standard playlist?
Thanks again.

(Before the update the method adding a favourite did actualy work)
(2020-10-16, 07:04)Aaiemron Wrote: In that case, can you please add "in progress episodes" and " recently added TV shows" to the standard playlist?
Thanks again.
No need for that, in this case you can add it with :
Home Menu --> Library --> TV Shows --> Move to "In Progress" or "Recently Added" --> ContextMenu --> Add to custom home

Quote:Before the update the method adding a favourite did actualy work
You are right. I'm going to switch back to the favourites script for that feature, so adding favourites to custom home should work again in my next update.
(2020-10-16, 12:26)bkury Wrote:
(2020-10-16, 07:04)Aaiemron Wrote: In that case, can you please add "in progress episodes" and " recently added TV shows" to the standard playlist?
Thanks again.
Home Menu --> Library --> TV Shows --> Move to "In Progress" or "Recently Added" --> ContextMenu --> Add to custom home

Quote:Before the update the method adding a favourite did actualy work
You are right. I'm going to switch back to the favourites script for that feature, so adding favourites to custom home should work again in my next update.

Thank you
Backgrounds - I can set a custom background image foe main menu items and for widgets and it works ,  Hohever for fullscreen movies view ( after click on movies ) am using panel #2 , I have set a custom background for the view in , "Options-appearance-custom image" but when highlighting a widget in this view, the widget fanart shows over my background ?
(2020-10-16, 17:43)ontap Wrote: Hohever for fullscreen movies view ( after click on movies ) am using panel #2 , I have set a custom background for the view in , "Options-appearance-custom image" but when highlighting a widget in this view, the widget fanart shows over my background ?

Confirmed. Thanks for reporting.
(2020-10-16, 12:26)bkury Wrote:
Thanks again.
"In Progress TV shows" doesn't show the episode you can watch another time. It shows the next episode of a TV Show if you have more episodes of a certain TV Show.
The playlist has to be " In Progress Episodes" if you want to continue watching an episode.
(2020-10-16, 20:59)Aaiemron Wrote: "In Progress TV shows" doesn't show the episode you can watch another time. It shows the next episode of a TV Show if you have more episodes of a certain TV Show.
The playlist has to be " In Progress Episodes" if you want to continue watching an episode.
I'm not sure if it will fix your problem but I've pushed an update which should address most issues that have been posted here. If you are still having problems after the update, send me a PM.

Night (Git) v2.5.1

Changelog:
  • Added new dialog for home menu (Search, Jump to, Add to custom home)
  • Added filter sub menu for horizontal menu
  • Fixed widget not focusable when using horizontal menu
  • Fixed dashboard when using horizontal menu
  • Fixed custom background for viewtypes
  • Fixed favourites path for custom home
  • Other small fixes
Thanks for the update.
I can add a favourite as a widget now, but they still don't show up when choosing "dynamic".
(2020-10-18, 10:50)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for the update.
I can add a favourite as a widget now, but they still don't show up when choosing "dynamic".
I thought so but then the question is, how did you add your playlist to favorites in the first place? I mean, you have to select your playlist somewhere in KODI to be able to add it to favourites. In this case just open up the context menu and select "Add to custom home" instead of "Add to favourites". Or did I miss something here?
(2020-10-18, 12:59)bkury Wrote:
(2020-10-18, 10:50)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for the update.
I thought so but then the question is, how did you add your playlist to favorites in the first place? I mean, you have to select your playlist somewhere in KODI to be able to add it to favourites. In this case just open up the context menu and select "Add to custom home" instead of "Add to favourites". Or did I miss something here?
Thanks.
I will give that a try later.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6