v17 Unable to add SMB source
Ok, so I've been using kodi 17.5 on an Android nexus player to watch movies/tv shows on my external hdd connected via a windows 7 machine. 

Now it doesn't work.

I recently disconnected the hdd to add some video files to an offline computer for my kids, but when I connected the hdd back to the original machine, kodi no longer recognizes it.
If I go to file manager > add source > windows network (smb): there is nothing there.

Both nexus player and windows machine are on the same network
​​​​​​

Things I've tried:
Cleaning library

setting up file sharing through a home group and "share with" per: http://kodi.wiki/view/SMB/Windows

set folders to be shared with everyone with full control.

restarting both windows machine and nexus player. 

reinstalling kodi 17.5

anyone have any ideas?

edit: Nexus player can detect the external HDD via es file explorer,but not kodi
Ok I figured it out.
Instead of browsing to the SMB folder, you have to manually enter in the location of the shared folder.

example: 
setting > media setting > library > videos > add videos

select <none> and change to smb://[location of shared folder]
for mine I used smb://MEDIA-PC/eHDD/Movies

the format would be smb://[computer name]/[external HDD name]/[shared folder name]

so for whatever reason navigating to the folder doesn't work, but manually adding it does. 

hope this helps!
Didn't work for me with my Windows 10 desktop. My Windows 7 laptop is no problem somehow.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CRR-L09 met Tapatalk
SMBv1 may be deactivated in Win10. Kodi should be set to SMBv2/3.
For a noob like me, how do I do that?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI CRR-L09 met Tapatalk
(2017-11-14, 01:19)HeresJohnny Wrote: [...] Kodi should be set to SMBv2/3.
Kodi v17 on Android (OSX and iOS) can only connect via SMBv1. Only Kodi v18 can handle SMBv2/3 on Android (OSX and iOS).
Hey thanks letting people know what worked for you. I can confirm this process also worked for me. Just make sure spell everything exactly the same as it is on the home pc (ie. Pathway).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to add SMB source0