Headsup! New Artist and Album dynamic lists
I've just come across this in the skinning forum and its something I really wanted for years!

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314969

Basically the user can browse the artist and the albums will dynamically update on the right hand side of the screen. No more needing to go back and forth all the time.

And even a triple dynamic list!
This is a fantastic new way to browse music, something that was in the original MeediOS HTPC software from years ago that I always wanted to see ported to Kodi.

Just thought I would point it out! At the moment you need a modified skin.
(2017-11-21, 13:09)docwra Wrote: I've just come across this in the skinning forum and its something I really wanted for years!

I've been using it for some time now. Initially had problem linking two lists in one view, like, the contents of the list on the left were not displayed in the list to the right, but later found the solution to my problem. And I'm lovin' it!
(2017-11-24, 16:26)FrancesJSmith Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 13:09)docwra Wrote: I've just come across this in the skinning forum and its something I really wanted for years!

I've been using it for some time now. Initially had problem linking two lists in one view, like, the contents of the list on the left were not displayed in the list to the right, but later found the solution to my problem. And I'm lovin' it! 
 Awesome, could you possibly post your skin code so I can see how its done?
Funny you mention this @docwra, as it has been in the AeonMQ7 skin for a while now. And yes, it is an awesome feature, that I wish Kodi had natively instead of some great feature of a skin.
(2017-11-24, 18:35)Powerhouse Wrote: Funny you mention this @docwra, as it has been in the AeonMQ7 skin for a while now. And yes, it is an awesome feature, that I wish Kodi had natively instead of some great feature of a skin.
I too use AeonMQ7 (actually the mod version), but was not aware of this feature.  Would you please walk me through it?

Thx.
Sure Going into an Artists folder, and when you highlight a CD, the Music of that CD will show up on the left of the screen. Then you can hit the left button on the remote, and you can scroll through the individual songs, and click enter on the remote to start playing them.
Any screenshots?
One day it will hopefully look like this Wink

Such good usability for a music jukebox!!
That might be possible right now if you find a willing skinner, as I believe I seen some skins with the A to Z along the top.

If there is anything that is missing from Core then create a new topic in Feature Requests.
(2017-12-13, 12:17)jjd-uk Wrote: That might be possible right now if you find a willing skinner, as I believe I seen some skins with the A to Z along the top.

If there is anything that is missing from Core then create a new topic in Feature Requests.
 Yep I think its part of the Skin helper Add-on. If only Marcel would start contributing to the main project then this could be adopted by the default skin and all sorts.

Sadly it seems very fragmented right now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Headsup! New Artist and Album dynamic lists0