v17 kodi cant find my movies
hi im trying to get Kodi running on a raspberry pi
but i cant view files from the external storage
i can brows the folders but when i get to a folder where a movie is stored it doesn't open
if i use the context menu en click play nothing happens
if i use the context menu en click Scan to library "no video files found in this path"
but if i use the command line and look at the folder my movies are there
if i move a movie a directory up it shows up but i still cant play it
i changed all permissions to 666 and to kodi

files stored on the / partition do play but that's not a option as its a 8gb sd card

sorry if the story is a mess i spend almost a full day trying different configurations

raspberry pi: C 2011.12
Kernel: armv6l Linux 4.9.63-1-ARCH
Kodi version: 17.4-RC1 (i also gave the not git version a try)
First things first... Can you get us a debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com for more internal details? Smile
For one thing, Kodi itself does not run on a RPi, it needs an operating system for that.
(2017-11-21, 23:52)Klojum Wrote: First things first... Can you get us a debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com for more internal details? Smile
For one thing, Kodi itself does not run on a RPi, it needs an operating system for that.
 yea i forgot the os
im running Arch linux arm
/var/lib/kodi/.kodi/temp/kodi.log -> https://pastebin.com/pS0qBcX8
Hello @vista_narvas

That log is no good. You need to enable Debug mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging, then Restart Kodi, then Replicate the issue.

If you don't replicate the issue, the log shows us nothing. In your case, perform an Update Library, then try to play a movie. Then upload.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
here is the new log paste bin dint like it so i put it on my own server
http://176.31.118.75/kodi.log

this looks like the problem

17:04:32.548 T:1745875856 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /var/lib/kodi/media/mount/movie/A BitterSweet Life (2005)/
17:04:32.549 T:1745875856 DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir '/var/lib/kodi/media/mount/movie/A BitterSweet Life (2005)/' due to no change
if i move the move outside of its folder
kodi gets the info about the movie but it still wont play it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi cant find my movies0