Solved Kodi 17.x nVidia Shield (2017) playback keeps quitting
Mine is now sorted, not sure what fixed it through but here is what I did
Enabled and then disabled IPV6 and also rebooted my NAS
I've had no issues since last night
Hopefully it's sorted
Cheers,

George
I noticed I have to make sure I eject the Shield from my Mac's Finder when I'm done transferring files.  Leaving it up seems to cause problems.  So does CEC commands if I don't disable them.  I rarely get an exit now with Krypton (not moving to Leia yet).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
I had simmilar problems, randoms stops. Tried a lot of things, but what finaly helped was changing the web interface port from 8080 to 8800.
My issue came back, so setup static IP's and it's now working again.

I hope it stays like this as I had zero issue with a S905X running Libreelec

Actually, that box is now in my bedroom and still has no issues.

I only upgraded to the Shield as I have cancelled my pay tv subscription to use a new streaming service.

I thought this box was supposed to be the holy grail of Android TV boxes
A problem I find irritating now is when using the Cinemavision plugin.  It's cool as can be for making it feel like a movie theater, but the problem is the sync frame rate option takes several seconds to kick in with the projector and by then I've missed a few seconds of the intros, commercials, THX, whatever.  If I shut sync off, it runs great, but then the movie isn't 100% smooth.  Problems problems... (it'd be nice if Cinemavision could shut the sync off until its done and then turn it back on before the movie starts).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
(2019-02-26, 08:50)rednose Wrote: My issue came back, so setup static IP's and it's now working again.

I only upgraded to the Shield as I have cancelled my pay tv subscription to use a new streaming service.

Update !!!

Since setting a static IP I can now thankfully report that I have had zero issues

Cheers,

George
(2019-03-05, 03:00)rednose Wrote:
(2019-02-26, 08:50)rednose Wrote: My issue came back, so setup static IP's and it's now working again.

Update !!!

Since setting a static IP I can now thankfully report that I have had zero issues

Cheers,

George 
Did setting a static IP completely solve your issues since then? (it's been a few months) I'm having the same issues, so it'll be great to know how it's going with static IP.

Let us know! Thanks!
Go to developer settings on the Shield and increase the buffer logger to e.g. maximum.
That‘s it!
All my before changings in Windows, SMB, LAN/Ethernet, Firewall, Registry adjustments were on the end for nothing; roll them back.
Since I increased the buffer logger value in the Shield, I had no crashes with Kodi.
I got the advice from an other forum.
My problem went away for a long time, but seemed to come back today when I used Windows 10 SMB3 instead of macOS to watch a 2.5 hour movie.  I don't know if there's a setting that got reset (all CEC is still off) or something happened in the last NVidia Shield update or the 18.4 Leia update.  It exited three times about 45 minutes apart.  It's like someone pressed the stop button on the remote.  It resumed again and showed no other symptoms other than the random stop behavior.  Someone mentioned ES File Explorer does bad things in the background.  I'm not sure if I have that installed on the Shield now or not (I think I did add a few apps a few months ago, but this is the first time it stopped during a movie in that time, but I had two Shield updates in the past two weeks alone (8.0 and 8.0.1 or something like that).
Stopping/Starting the SMB "share" service after a reboot seems to have cured the SMB behavioral problems with KODI and the 10.14.6 Mojave MacOS here (if anyone else has run into that issue).

Unfortunately, 18.4 Leia continues to "stop" on my NVidia Shield for some unknown reason at seemingly random intervals (usually 20-50 minutes in).  I think perhaps it was the last firmware update for the Shield as it seemed to work OK before that point.  CEC commands being turned on seemed to cause it in the past, but turning them OFF appeared to cure the problem until this last firmware update from NVidia.  Unfortunately, this really kills the usability of KODI on the Shield.  I don't know if a log would show the problem or not.  That would create a pretty big log either way, I think.
(2019-10-05, 03:39)VonMagnum Wrote: My problem went away for a long time, but seemed to come back today when I used Windows 10 SMB3 instead of macOS to watch a 2.5 hour movie.  I don't know if there's a setting that got reset (all CEC is still off) or something happened in the last NVidia Shield update or the 18.4 Leia update.  It exited three times about 45 minutes apart.  It's like someone pressed the stop button on the remote.  It resumed again and showed no other symptoms other than the random stop behavior.  Someone mentioned ES File Explorer does bad things in the background.  I'm not sure if I have that installed on the Shield now or not (I think I did add a few apps a few months ago, but this is the first time it stopped during a movie in that time, but I had two Shield updates in the past two weeks alone (8.0 and 8.0.1 or something like that).
Same issue here.
I had it solved the problem this summer by increasing the buffer logging on the Shield.
Since Kodi 18.4/18.5 the Kodi crashs are back.
I'm actual testing with advancedsettings.xml with different settings, deactivate IPv6 and Scanning for Network[font].[/font]
(2019-12-03, 11:59)Bladerunner1962 Wrote:
(2019-10-05, 03:39)VonMagnum Wrote: My problem went away for a long time, but seemed to come back today when I used Windows 10 SMB3 instead of macOS to watch a 2.5 hour movie.  I don't know if there's a setting that got reset (all CEC is still off) or something happened in the last NVidia Shield update or the 18.4 Leia update.  It exited three times about 45 minutes apart.  It's like someone pressed the stop button on the remote.  It resumed again and showed no other symptoms other than the random stop behavior.  Someone mentioned ES File Explorer does bad things in the background.  I'm not sure if I have that installed on the Shield now or not (I think I did add a few apps a few months ago, but this is the first time it stopped during a movie in that time, but I had two Shield updates in the past two weeks alone (8.0 and 8.0.1 or something like that).
Same issue here.
I had it solved the problem this summer by increasing the buffer logging on the Shield.
Since Kodi 18.4/18.5 the Kodi crashs are back.
I'm actual testing with advancedsettings.xml with different settings, deactivate IPv6 and Scanning for Network. 
I think whatever it is, it got introduced in 18.4.  I'm hoping 18.6 will fix it based on Fritz' comment about it, although that might have only applied to skips with visualizers as I talked about both and he wasn't specific.  I haven't tried watching a full length movie in 18.5 here yet to see if it was fixed there.  It never "crashed" here.  It just stopped playing (like pressing the stop button).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.x nVidia Shield (2017) playback keeps quitting0