Solved play music in 7.1 how to???
(2017-12-05, 00:03)xbmcwood Wrote:  i will check windows 10 setting . when i get home from work.. but if this was to to 2 speakers. then when i watch movies should only play 2 speakers.. right??
because when i watch movies sound is fine i get atmos, DTS-HD just fine.

Well something very odd is going on.

When Kodi starts it checks what the audio devices support, at this stage you HDMI device reports 2 Channels only, this is PCM channels which is capable of carrying 5.1 from compressed formats like DD and DTS. However later on the sink does seem to initialise with 8 channels (7.1) which might explain why DTS-HD, Atmos etc works.

I see mentions of DSPlayer in the log? is this the DSPlayer version of Kodi? if so try the standard Kodi install as we do not support DSPlayer so you need to replicate any issues with the Official Kodi builds.
thanks for everyone help.. this is a great community.. it was the skin.. with the problem..i went to esany or what ever the stock skin is called.  changed the audio setting there. all is well.. music plays all 7.1 speakers. then i active my skin and we are good on that side too.. COOL!!! solve

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
play music in 7.1 how to???0