How do I use the forum
Please help!  I have tried to find simple instructions about how to use this forum and I am getting more and more frustrated.  I finally figured that I would find a recent post and ask.  Guess which post I chose.

If you can direct me to somewhere for me to learn how to post, reply, etc. I promise I will leave you alone.  Is there a section "For Dummies"?
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
          Isaac Asimov
          circa:  1942
Hello @mariaelisakevin

No, we have no manual to use the forum. It is usually quite simple (of course it is once you knowWink )

Simple directions...
  • The Kodi forum is full of sub-forums. Click on any of the names to enter. Click on any thread in the list to read them. At the end of the thread is a box where you can type a response and press Post Reply to submit it
  • At the top of each sub-forum are Important threads aka Stickies. These contain information that is asked for frequently, or directions to perform certain common functions.
  • If you want to ask a question on the forum, choose the most appropriate forum to do it in
  • To start a new thread, enter the appropriate forum. In the top and bottom right corners of the sub-forum you will see a button New Thread. Use this to create a new thread
  • In the top right corner of the screen, you will see your username. Click on it for the drop down menu. From here you can locate all your posts and threads, access your forum mail and change your settings

We are a pretty friendly forum and all the volunteers are happy to help. Please ensure your posts are polite and worded as a request. Those posts that are worded as a "demand" or worded in a fashion that implies the Kodi Team is stupid for "not including a basic function", is sure to see your post flamed.

Also be aware of our Forum Rules (wiki). We do not allow discussion of banned add-ons (wiki) and anything that is related to Piracy and Copyright Infringement. My Signature below has some useful links that are worth a read when you have time.

Feel free to ask any question on forum use. Best to ask it in the Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions subforum

Please acknowledge you have seen this post so I can move it and yours to the sub-forum mentioned in the previous line.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-04, 21:31)Karellen Wrote: Hello @mariaelisakevin

No, we have no manual to use the forum. It is usually quite simple (of course it is once you knowWink )

Simple directions...
  • The Kodi forum is full of sub-forums. Click on any of the names to enter. Click on any thread in the list to read them. At the end of the thread is a box where you can type a response and press Post Reply to submit it
  • At the top of each sub-forum are Important threads aka Stickies. These contain information that is asked for frequently, or directions to perform certain common functions.
  • If you want to ask a question on the forum, choose the most appropriate forum to do it in
  • To start a new thread, enter the appropriate forum. In the top and bottom right corners of the sub-forum you will see a button New Thread. Use this to create a new thread
  • In the top right corner of the screen, you will see your username. Click on it for the drop down menu. From here you can locate all your posts and threads, access your forum mail and change your settings

We are a pretty friendly forum and all the volunteers are happy to help. Please ensure your posts are polite and worded as a request. Those posts that are worded as a "demand" or worded in a fashion that implies the Kodi Team is stupid for "not including a basic function", is sure to see your post flamed.

Also be aware of our Forum Rules (wiki). We do not allow discussion of banned add-ons (wiki) and anything that is related to Piracy and Copyright Infringement. My Signature below has some useful links that are worth a read when you have time.

Feel free to ask any question on forum use. Best to ask it in the Website and Forum Issues or Suggestions subforum

Please acknowledge you have seen this post so I can move it and yours to the sub-forum mentioned in the previous line. 
          Isaac Asimov
(2017-12-05, 16:40)mariaelisakevin Wrote:
(2017-12-04, 21:31)Karellen Wrote: Hello @mariaelisakevin

Simple directions...

Yes, I have read your post.  Thanks so much for your help.

Also, I just followed one of the links you provided and found out that a couple of the names in the list I gave you are blacklisted.  I apologize profusely.  I did not know.  Could this be the reason for the dependency error message?  Now that I know I will uninstall the blacklisted Add-Ons immediately.
          Isaac Asimov
If you install addons from zip files they usually won't come with any dependency addons that they may need and you'll have to install those seperately (unless they are included in other repositories that you may have installed).

But if you install from repositories then they tend to contain everything that the addons they contain may need, again unless they are common generic dependencies which may be available in the built in official repo.

Banned addons (wiki) can come in all sorts of formats and packages. They could well be the source of your issues, hence why we always ask people to use a little common sense in what they install, and if something is giving you a deal that's too good to be true (premium channels or movies for free for example) then there is a catch somewhere, like the source being illegal.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What markup language does this forum use?
It's probably easier to see the codes...

Click button 28 to switch to Source editor. The default is the HTML editor. Then click the other buttons along the bar and see the codes that are used.

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-21, 01:06)doctorx0079 Wrote: What markup language does this forum use?
 mycode: https://docs.mybb.com/1.6/MyCode/
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi,

I cannot find any "new Thread" or "new Post" button.   Am I blind or do I miss some permissions?
Thank you
Karl
"New Thread" or "New Reply" (if you're in a forum or a thread respectively) should be on the right hand side above and below the threads in the forum or posts in the thread.

And in a thread there should be a Reply (and a Quote) button below each post (plus a few other buttons too).

Of course you've found at least the reply button to make the post above...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi Daren,

thanks for the quick reply.  Yes I did find at least the reply button  Blush

Actually the reason was that I was trying to start a thread in the "general support" section, which seems is not wanted.  That explains the little lock in front of it.  In other areas it does work.  So please excuse my "blindness" Wink

Have a nice day
Karl
Yup, standard members cannot start threads in either general support and off topic.

Kodi Blog Posts
How exactly do i subscribe to forum/thread? I have a couple particular ones i like to keep an eye on but i have to keep searching everytime. I cant seem to find a bookmark symbol or something of the like.
(2021-08-24, 12:40)Robertsond1987 Wrote: How exactly do i subscribe to forum/thread?

There is a textlink at the bottom left of this page, where you can subscribe to this forum thread.
(2021-08-24, 12:49)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-08-24, 12:40)Robertsond1987 Wrote: How exactly do i subscribe to forum/thread?

There is a textlink at the bottom left of this page, where you can subscribe to this forum thread.

thanks i will take a look, i think because i was using my mobile phone it was hard to locate. much appreciate your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I use the forum0