A lot of Picture View problems...
Hello,
Not sure why no one reported this, I don't believe it just me who have all this troubles with pictures view in Kodi.
My photos are located on NAS Server and I'm trying to see pictures folder in Photo section of Kodi.
As far as I enter some folder with pictures following happen:
1. Kodi starts making Thumbnails or something and while it happens I cannot see pictures pressing Enter on some Thumb icon. Sometimes when I'm doing this - I get just black screen. After pressing Escape sometimes I see the full screen picture but it immediately returns to Thumbs view mode because during generating thumbnails it seems some memory problems occur or anything else - it resets thumbs generating and starts generating it again, and cancels my pictures viewing mode. I don't know how to explain, but this is completely unusable. Also when it resets Thumbs generating - it sometimes returns me back to several images before. Completely random behaviour. Very buggy. 
So I see some thumbs show images then it stops on some picture, all thumbs turn black, and starts again, and then again, screen black, and so on. When generated thumbs turn black - it resets my current view mode.
2. All this happen on the same folders again and again. So no any Thumbs / Metadata previously generated. 
3. One week ago it was even worse. Kodi constantly crashed during thumbs generating. I tried to disable showing of Exif info and seems like it doesn't crash anymore (cannot say for sure). But this is not normal that this option crashes Kodi.
4. After leaving of Kodi Photo section - nothing works at all. All sections (Video, Add-Ons, Music etc) just don't show content but show Waiting animated icon. Looks like some huge corruption happened. Exit from Kodi also doesn't work. It just freezes Kodi.

Seems like all this troubles with Kodi start happen only from 17 version. In 16.1 everything was ok. Each time when I get update I believe Photo is fixed. But unfortunately not. It simply not usable. And I have to use ACDSee to see the photos currently.
Simple. Disable Thumbnail generation... http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Pictures

Of course, you are most likely using low powered hardware that will contribute to it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-05, 10:03)Karellen Wrote: Simple. Disable Thumbnail generation... http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Pictures

Of course, you are most likely using low powered hardware that will contribute to it.

Nice. What the point of Puctures viewer if I cannot see any thumbnails?
I expected this feature just disables caching of Thumbs, but it just doesn't show small images. And how would I browse 8 tousands of photos in the folder then? Just random blind picking?

P.S. Intel Core i7 Kaby Lake with 32Gb of Ram and 512Gb SSD - i wouldn't say its low powered hardware.
Well if you gave more information in your first post, including your hardware, kodi version and what you were trying to achieve, then I wouldn't have given you bad advice.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-05, 10:23)Karellen Wrote: Well if you gave more information in your first post, including your hardware, kodi version and what you were trying to achieve, then I wouldn't have given you bad advice.

Kodi version is 17.6 final (compiled on Nov 14 2017). But as I said this happens at least half year already on all 17.x versions.
I'm on Windows 10 with Fall Creators update.
What I'm trying to achieve? If its not clear from my previous post:
When I enter my pictures folder I expect transparent thumbnails streamed update on the current page. Without reseting my current view during update and without repeating generation again and again. When i press enter on Thumbnail icon (doesn't matter generated or not) i expect to see the pucture (not black screen), and navigate to next / prev image using arrow buttons.
I also expect Kodi not crashing and not freezing during puctures viewing and on exit after this.

If you need detailed log, can provide it later.
Yes we need a detailed log. Can’t do anything without it.
My Signature
(2017-12-05, 10:38)Karellen Wrote: Yes we need a detailed log. Can’t do anything without it.
 There are links to the log files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YGsTyn...k8DWdiHmES
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gOlM3b...VgEWZqkmWf
I enter folders with relatively small amount of pictures and have all this problems I described.
Usual pictures resolution is: 5472x3648

In the log files there are a lot of errors like:
20:51:41.045 T:3036   ERROR: CBaseTexture::Allocate - Could not allocate 79716096 bytes. Out of memory.
20:51:41.046 T:3036   DEBUG: CBaseTexture::LoadFromFileInternal - Load of nfs://192.168.1.32/volume1/photo/2016.06.11_BadOrb/2W5A1109.JPG failed.

P.S.
Checked memory consumption in Task Manager:
When Kodi starts generating Thumbs - the memory is growing very fast. And when it achives a little bit more than 1Gb of memory - view is resetting (memory allocation error?) and memory returns to about 150Mb. And again starts growing.
Seems like Kodi never releases memory during Thumbs generating untill allocation fails. Then it throws garbage and starts again from scratch.
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
(2017-12-05, 22:31)Karellen Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
 Hmm,
There is log with fresh Kodi without any add-ons and the same problems:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mFGtkH...6o_KfpghFD
Any updates / ETA on this topic please?
Quite strange,
Didn't expect such unresponsive support on Kodi forum.

First response was fast though... When you complained about Banned / Illegal addons. 
Still not sure which my add-ons are banned... since I installed all of them in standard way inside the Kodi using Addons manager.
i can confirm your observations but i haven't found time to look into the problem.
Same issue here.... 

The problem seems to arise, when accessing the pictures the first time and thumbnails still have to be generated. 
Sometimes Kodi crashes when just selecting a single picture, sometimes when starting a slideshow. 
(hardware is Intel NUC 5i3RYK with 8 GB Ram and Win 8.1 Pro and Kodi 17.6)

Example 1: https://paste.ee/p/cyZlZ

Example 2: https://paste.ee/p/uEiiW
The issue is still not fixed btw...
Kodi crashes trying opening any pictures folder...
Yep,
nearly same problem here.
Kodi/LibreELEC crashes while generating thumbnails.
It doesn't matter if the pictures are located at NAS, USB flash drive or internal SSD.
Also the amount of pictures in the folder doesn't matter.
Here is the Log:
https://pastebin.com/3dc7N11v

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A lot of Picture View problems...1