• 13(current)
Intel Gemini Lake
Use VAAPI, VDPAU is (mainly?) for Nvidia hardware.
(2018-06-02, 17:29)N01tra Wrote: Use VAAPI, VDPAU is (mainly?) for Nvidia hardware.
 VDPAU is not for intel. VDPAU is legacy and dead end even on nvidia.

Intel supports VAAPI (they even invented it) ;-)
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I wonder why new Ubuntu is configured in a way that VDPAU is used by default and requires manual reconfiguration of these tools (mpv, vlc) to work with VAAPI.
whatever I do after reboot kodi I have to turn off the TV and then turn it on for hdmi signal I do not use windows only kodi I use the j5005 buld i try kernel 16 and kernel 17
(2018-06-05, 21:28)tomtomclub Wrote: whatever I do after reboot kodi I have to turn off the TV and then turn it on for hdmi signal I do not use windows only kodi I use the j5005 buld i try kernel 16 and kernel 17
Not depend from kodi, see here
I have the same issue with NUC7PJYH
Sorry for grammatical errors, use an online translator
maby the fix works four you 

fix in kernel workaround
(2018-06-05, 22:19)Rumpelstiltskin Wrote:
(2018-06-05, 21:28)tomtomclub Wrote: whatever I do after reboot kodi I have to turn off the TV and then turn it on for hdmi signal I do not use windows only kodi I use the j5005 buld i try kernel 16 and kernel 17
Not depend from kodi, see here
I have the same issue with NUC7PJYH 
works now reboot no problems  see https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12626-...raven-apu/
Hello! Tell me how to lock the j4105 board to output 4K60 on ubuntu 18.04? And then it gives me after a clean installation only 4k30.
(2018-06-11, 08:20)akarpych Wrote: Hello! Tell me how to lock the j4105 board to output 4K60 on ubuntu 18.04? And then it gives me after a clean installation only 4k30.
 Check xrandr to see if edid is detected correctly?

I have my GLK NUC (NUC7CJYH) with the J4005 working with 4k / HEVC / 10bit (downsampled) with vaapi HW acceleration working (linux 4.17.0 / mesa 1.8.1.1). I compiled kodi from git (f0dc591d40f946b985d0da120b333baecdc8c437). I tried 18 alpha 1 first and it didn't work at all, vaapi all borked on that build for me.

Now trying drm-intel to try get the HDMI issue fixed. For now I have a fix just doing:
$ xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 1920x1080
$ xrandr --output HDMI1 --mode 3840x2160

That wakes my TV up but it's annoying.

Has anyone got suspend to ram working? It was just crasing for me.
HDMI lost signal just use putty and

mount -o remount,rw /flash

nano /flash/syslinux.cfg

En put in

APPEND boot=LABEL=System disk=LABEL=Storage i915.glkhdmi=2 quiet

Add the command and with crl+o you save it, ctrl+x leaves nano.

type reboot and the system will reboot thats it..

But use libreelec
And clean installatiehttps://my.hidrive.com/share/6iy7g6fgdd#$/Generic
Hi, I’ve got a few question.

Bought j5005 and installed win 10 64 bits, worked flawlessly.

1) so now bios 1.3 will solve the HDR issue?
2) how do I flash bios if I don’t have the jumper cap?
3) 4K and HDR, how do it impact? Meaning to say, if I were to stream media from browser would I see the difference? Or, do the source of the file and tv have to be able to output 4K and HDR before I can see the difference?
(2018-07-01, 09:33)1a2a3a Wrote: Hi, I’ve got a few question.

Bought j5005 and installed win 10 64 bits, worked flawlessly.

1) so now bios 1.3 will solve the HDR issue?
2) how do I flash bios if I don’t have the jumper cap?
3) 4K and HDR, how do it impact? Meaning to say, if I were to stream media from browser would I see the difference? Or, do the source of the file and tv have to be able to output 4K and HDR before I can see the difference?
1) gemini lake don't support hdr
2) use any metal to short the pins
3) You can check 4K /1080p in youtube
I thought I saw someone mentioning bios 1.3 in ASRock mobo fixed the issue?

If 1.3 doesn’t fixed the issue, essentially I don’t have to flash bios?

So 4K and HDR will only apply if my video source has those? Otherwise it will be pointless yea?
(2018-07-01, 09:48)1a2a3a Wrote: I thought I saw someone mentioning bios 1.3 in ASRock mobo fixed the issue?

If 1.3 doesn’t fixed the issue, essentially I don’t have to flash bios?

So 4K and HDR will only apply if my video source has those? Otherwise it will be pointless yea?
 4K is supported, only not with HDR. So you could still have the benefit of a 4K + HDR video, but converted to SDR. The HDR->SDR conversion must be done by the playback software. DSPlayer+MadVR or MPCHC+MadVR can -theoretically- do it, if the Gemini IGP has enough power for it. Which I guess it does.
Sorry but I’m kinda media idiot here.

You mean with bios 1.3 it solve 4K issue but not HDR issue?

I have a tv model 32LD330 (does this support 4K?)
Do I need a hdmi 2.0 cable?

Assuming the tv don’t support 4K, and I’m using a old hdmi cable(how to check version of hdmi cable?), I wouldn’t be able to watch 4K?
But I have tried watching YouTube 4K and it doesn’t seems to have any issues. I’m still using the old bios
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Gemini Lake1