• 16(current)
Intel Gemini Lake
(2019-01-03, 13:10)JoePeters Wrote: Dear all,

Is HDR now supported on an Intel Gemini Lake based mini pc, for example N4100 with Windows 10 Pro 64 (1809 newest drivers, especially for the built-in graphic 600)?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Happy and healthy new year - all the best to you and yours.

AIUI HDR support is still reserved for Core i3 and higher CPUs. Intel haven't implemented it on CPUs lower than this (like Celeron/Pentiums)  It's a platform differentiating function.
Hi there,

i have a ASRock J5005-ITX Board here and am curious, if it is able to decode 3d-MVC.
The output for vainfo is following:

Code:
libva info: VA-API version 1.2.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_2
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.2 (libva 2.2.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel i965 driver for Intel® Gemini Lake - 2.2.0
vainfo: Supported profile and entrypoints
      VAProfileMPEG2Simple            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileMPEG2Main              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264ConstrainedBaseline: VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264Main               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264High               : VAEntrypointEncSliceLP
      VAProfileH264MultiviewHigh      : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264MultiviewHigh      : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileH264StereoHigh         : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileH264StereoHigh         : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVC1Simple              : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Main                : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVC1Advanced            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileNone                   : VAEntrypointVideoProc
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileJPEGBaseline           : VAEntrypointEncPicture
      VAProfileVP8Version0_3          : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP8Version0_3          : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain               : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileHEVCMain10             : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            : VAEntrypointVLD
      VAProfileVP9Profile0            : VAEntrypointEncSlice
      VAProfileVP9Profile2            : VAEntrypointVLD

There is no entry for MVC, but for VAProfileH264MultiviewHigh and VAProfileH264StereoHigh.

Does somebody know, if this is a good or a bad sign? Huh
Not sure, if anybody is interested in this. Huh

I just did a test with 2 different 3d-movies, one MVC-mkv and one side-by-side-mkv. When starting both of them, in the 3d-menu i have the possibility to playback the movie hardware-based. When i then set the screen (in my case a video projector) to frame-sequential i get a picture which has a tiny similarity to a 3d-picture. But disturbed and headache-causing...

Does that mean, that the gemini-lake processor is basically able to hardware-decode MVC and the code is still premature.
Or is it just rubbish? Blush
Whit what kind of players did you try it? On Windows you also have: PowerDVD, Jriver and DSPlayer+MadVR as possibilities for 3D MVC.
No Windows, no PowerDVD etc. Wink

Lubuntu 18.10 + Kodi 18rc5. I'm interested in the hardware-decoding possibilities of the gemini-board.
(2019-01-24, 18:29)contadino Wrote: No Windows, no PowerDVD etc. Wink

Lubuntu 18.10 + Kodi 18rc5. I'm interested in the hardware-decoding possibilities of the gemini-board.
To fully exploit the hardware capabilities of Intel GPUs you need decent drivers, and currently the Linux drivers are lagging behind the Windows drivers significantly in support for some aspects of hardware decode.

Whilst 10-bit and HDR support (on Core-i series) devices is likely to arrive in Linux (it's been there in Windows for quite a while) other support (like 3D MVC decode) is probably going to remain Windows-only?
Hi all
Can I ask for your opinions please . I’m looking to upgrade from my old dn2820 and chromebox.
Looking at the NUC7PJYH, would you recommend this ? Not after HDR at the moment as I will upgrade again when ready and stick this one in other room.just ability to play 4 k correctly and have no audio issues for passthrough to my receiver.
Ideally still able to use my current remote , Xbox one I think it is .
I tend to use libreelec rather than windows , but not for any reason other than my nuc is only for Kodi.
Thanks for any advice from a technophobe
Jamie
(2019-01-28, 22:30)Sniffer77 Wrote: Hi all
Can I ask for your opinions please . I’m looking to upgrade from my old dn2820 and chromebox.
Looking at the NUC7PJYH, would you recommend this ? Not after HDR at the moment as I will upgrade again when ready and stick this one in other room.just ability to play 4 k correctly and have no audio issues for passthrough to my receiver.
I tend to use libreelec rather than windows , but not for any reason other than my nuc is only for Kodi.
Jamie
I have this NUC+8Go of Ram + SSD and it works great with latest librelec release with Kodi 18.

I took this nuc for manyn reason:
1) Enough horsepower to manage emulators untill PSX: I tested and it works perfecty fine with Beetle PSX wich is a quite demanding emulator.
2) H.265 and VP9 perfectly decoded
3) Relativly cheap 

Everything works fine but...the only thing is...I have kind of a glitch with libreelec that appears on the interface. Randomly the first lines of the screen do weird color glitch. Did somebody experienced the same issue? Is there a fix?

It's not a deal breaker but it's a bit dispointing...

I suspect it's a driver issue with HD605. But I can't confirm it...and I don't know if somebody saw the issue and can work on a fix...
(2019-02-03, 15:58)Alucard63 Wrote: Everything works fine but...the only thing is...I have kind of a glitch with libreelec that appears on the interface. Randomly the first lines of the screen do weird color glitch. Did somebody experienced the same issue? Is there a fix?

I suspect it's a driver issue with HD605. But I can't confirm it...and I don't know if somebody saw the issue and can work on a fix...

Do you mean the issue discussed here? No fix at the moment, as we don't know what is causing it.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2019-02-03, 15:58)Alucard63 Wrote:
(2019-01-28, 22:30)Sniffer77 Wrote: Hi all
Jamie
I have this NUC+8Go of Ram + SSD and it works great with latest librelec release with Kodi 18.

I took this nuc for manyn reason:
1) Enough horsepower to manage emulators untill PSX: I tested and it works perfecty fine with Beetle PSX wich is a quite demanding emulator.
2) H.265 and VP9 perfectly decoded
3) Relativly cheap 

Everything works fine but...the only thing is...I have kind of a glitch with libreelec that appears on the interface. Randomly the first lines of the screen do weird color glitch. Did somebody experienced the same issue? Is there a fix?

Great thanks for the reply , much appreciated.

Can I ask did you update the bios on this to get ir to work ? I currently use a Xbox one remote on my old nuc .

I’ve got the new nuc ,just need to put together (which may take a while as I’m about as useful as a chocolate teapot when it comes to computers but give it a go 😂) .

The issue re the line on the screen , is that visable when watching movies from hdd/nas or just on the menus ?

Thanks

Jamie
Help please guys before I contact intel/scan

On booting the NUC7PJYH, I can access the bios. It appears none of the USB port are outputting any power .

The blue light on the fromt is flashing 3 times , which I believe is a memory issue but would that stop me getting into bios and usb power ?

The memory I have is Corsair vengeance 2x 4gb
Model no CMSX8GX4M2A2400C16

Can anyone offer any guidance or do you think the unit is defective?

Thanks
(2018-02-10, 22:17)Nafi Wrote: -HDMI handshake issues again...  I've had this issue in the past with my haswell NUC. Sometimes when Kodi changes the refreshrate, it ends up in a black screen. 
 Was this ever fixed? I'm about to buy one of those Asrock Gemini lake boards.
Sorry to ask more questions
I’ve just updated the bios on new NUC7PJYH.
I’ve now installed libreelec the newest version .
I’ve tried to use my remote after install , which is the black Xbox one remote I used for my old nuc with no luck .
Have I missed something ? Should I have installed something else or a setting in Kodi ?

Been scratching my head for a while tobtru figure it out with no luck .

Any guidance appreciated .

Thanks
smp1, I purchased an Asrock J5005-ITX (Gemini Lake) in November of 2018 and experienced no HDMI problems when connected to my LCD TV monitor, however, I did have memory compatibility problems with the board.  I first tried a Corsair 4gb X 2 dual channel set that did not work with the board.  With just a single memory stick installed, or with both memory sticks installed, the board appeared to be dead.  Not even beep codes were present unless I removed both memory sticks.

I did have success with a G.Skill 4gb X 2 dual channel set, with the bios detecting the memory as being dual channel.  Others had similar memory compatibility problems with the J5005-ITX which are documented on the Asrock forum, link provided below.

I also own an Asrock J4205-ITX (Apollo Lake) board that had an annoying HDMI port blank screen problem. That problem lasted for about a year or two, but was finally resolved by installing the latest bios update.

For what is worth, I ran the Realbench benchmark utility on both boards.  The J4205-ITX had a system score of 26,736 while the J4205-ITX had a system score of 13,540.

Asrock forum thread title: Brand new J5005-ITX does not boot
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8611
(2019-02-15, 07:28)biosflaw Wrote: The J4205-ITX had a system score of 26,736 while the J4205-ITX had a system score of 13,540.
I didn't see a way to edit my post, but the Realbench results should have read...
The J5005-ITX had a system score of 26,736 while the J4205-ITX had a system score of 13,540.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel Gemini Lake1