• 6(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
i'd be pretty keen to try it too.
i still use the old madnox on 18.5 now, i've tried just about all of the skins and madnox still seems to be the only way i want to go.
Thumbs Up 
(2020-02-04, 14:19)dutchie393 Wrote: i'd be pretty keen to try it too.
i still use the old madnox on 18.5 now, i've tried just about all of the skins and madnox still seems to be the only way i want to go.

Me too....!   Big Grin
(2020-02-04, 16:00)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-02-04, 14:19)dutchie393 Wrote: i'd be pretty keen to try it too.

Me too....!   Big Grin  
oh men..... how i do understand you guys  Confused
hate to badger you all but any news?
Sadly, no!
Its been a while since we heard from mrvee.
We reporting bugs and waiting for him to drop the next update.
(2020-02-13, 21:16)meowmoo Wrote: Sadly, no!
Its been a while since we heard from mrvee.
We reporting bugs and waiting for him to drop the next update.

Mr.V did mention some real-life issues getting in the way of skin development time before Christmas, although no details were given (not that he needs to justify himself to us). However, we haven't heard from him since just before Christmas either, so i'm hoping it's nothing serious.

All we can do is wait and see if he returns. It might however, be wise to make another skin/project your daily-driver in the interim, just in case.

Gib.
Thanks for the update, at least the old Version works mostly fine on 18.5 while I think it will not be updated to 19 finaly. All over it is very stange that the Kodi team by themself doesnt jump on the Madnox train. It is by far the best skin you can get so they should adopt it as Default and offer 2 default skins. One simple and light one and Madnox as the great, fully featured ultimate skin Smile
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
(2020-02-28, 17:31)olarf Wrote: Thanks for the update, at least the old Version works mostly fine on 18.5 while I think it will not be updated to 19 finaly. All over it is very stange that the Kodi team by themself doesnt jump on the Madnox train. It is by far the best skin you can get so they should adopt it as Default and offer 2 default skins. One simple and light one and Madnox as the great, fully featured ultimate skin Smile

As it's not an original work, it won't / wouldn't be allowed in the official Kodi repo (as far as I understand it). And while MikeSiLVO has been "maintaining" it (after a fashion), he has his own take on the Aeon Nox design with "Aeon Nox SiLVO", so has little to no interest in taking Madnox 1.0 forwards. Besides, the code in 1.0, having had at least 4 different people hack around with it, to my knowledge, is far from optimal. Mr.V's Madnox 2.0 was / is a ground-up re-write, and is (in the main) usable as it is. Unfortunately, those of us on the testing team were asked not to share the pre-alpha WIP version publicly, so we cannot do so.

As to what happens, should Mr.V NOT return after a reasonable period of time, well I guess you'll just have to watch this space and stay subscribed to this thread. I know a few people who could take this project forwards, but the question is, would it be "right" to allow them to do so, and secondly, would they "want" to? And finally, who's to say what constitutes a "reasonable" amount of time anyway?

At this time, I cannot answer any of the above. Sorry I can't offer a more positive outlook.

Sad

Dan / Gib.
(2020-02-29, 07:59)gibxxi Wrote:
(2020-02-28, 17:31)olarf Wrote: Thanks for the update, at least the old Version works mostly fine on 18.5 while I think it will not be updated to 19 finaly. All over it is very stange that the Kodi team by themself doesnt jump on the Madnox train. It is by far the best skin you can get so they should adopt it as Default and offer 2 default skins. One simple and light one and Madnox as the great, fully featured ultimate skin Smile

As it's not an original work, it won't / wouldn't be allowed in the official Kodi repo (as far as I understand it). And while MikeSiLVO has been "maintaining" it (after a fashion), he has his own take on the Aeon Nox design with "Aeon Nox SiLVO", so has little to no interest in taking Madnox 1.0 forwards. Besides, the code in 1.0, having had at least 4 different people hack around with it, to my knowledge, is far from optimal. Mr.V's Madnox 2.0 was / is a ground-up re-write, and is (in the main) usable as it is. Unfortunately, those of us on the testing team were asked not to share the pre-alpha WIP version publicly, so we cannot do so.

As to what happens, should Mr.V NOT return after a reasonable period of time, well I guess you'll just have to watch this space and stay subscribed to this thread. I know a few people who could take this project forwards, but the question is, would it be "right" to allow them to do so, and secondly, would they "want" to? And finally, who's to say what constitutes a "reasonable" amount of time anyway?

At this time, I cannot answer any of the above. Sorry I can't offer a more positive outlook.

Sad

Dan / Gib. 
That's really unfortunate, and sounds like wasted efforts... i kinda agree with Olarf that madnox would be a great 'go to' skin for kodi, like mediaportal has the mp-tvseries.
And now Kodi 19 would render madnox incompatible,   i feel like i'm always chasing a final setup and never get there
(2020-03-10, 14:29)dutchie393 Wrote:
(2020-02-29, 07:59)gibxxi Wrote:

Sad

Dan / Gib.  
That's really unfortunate, and sounds like wasted efforts... i kinda agree with Olarf that madnox would be a great 'go to' skin for kodi, like mediaportal has the mp-tvseries.
And now Kodi 19 would render madnox incompatible,   i feel like i'm always chasing a final setup and never get there 

We heard from Mr. V over the last few days. I won't go into any details as it's not my place to comment on such things, but it's looking on track for a resumption from where we left-off before xmas over the next few weeks, so keep the faith. It's coming.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
would love this to see the light of day... i use Silvo atm, and it is the best i have found, i but is it missing some of the bells as whistles in Madnox that i recall from way back when i had it running in Jarvis...
when will be release for download ?
As this project started almost 3 years ago maybe its better to write ir for kodi 19.
So that we can enjoy this great skin next year.
Keep up the good work!
Hi all,

It’s been a while since i posted any update and i apologise for anyone following this thread and my lack of response. I have had health issues i have needed to address and had to step back from development.

A big thanks to @gibxxi for keeping you all updated.

Moving forward...
I have recommenced development of the skin. 90% there and no ETA. It will be Leia compatible and I have no plans to move to matrix until it is in the RC stage.
The skin is quite usable as an everyday driver in its current state ,my preference is to wait until I finish the fixing all the imperfections and optimize the code as I don’t have the time to fix and juggle feature requests at the same time. For myself I would find this overwhelming as I want to present this as a feature complete skin and bug free as possible.

Cheers
Mr. V
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-05-10, 04:15)Mr. V Wrote: Hi all,

It’s been a while since i posted any update and i apologise for anyone following this thread and my lack of response. I have had health issues i have needed to address and had to step back from development.
A big thanks to @gibxxi for keeping you all updated.

Moving forward...
I have recommenced development of the skin. 90% there and no ETA. It will be Leia compatible and I have no plans to move to matrix until it is in the RC stage.
The skin is quite usable as an everyday driver in its current state ,my preference is to wait until I finish the fixing all the imperfections and optimize the code as I don’t have the time to fix and juggle feature requests at the same time. For myself I would find this overwhelming as I want to present this as a feature complete skin and bug free as possible.

Cheers
Mr. V
Thank a lot ...Mr.V for your reply .Hope you are doing good & in good health .Madnox is feature rich skin and we all eagarly wait for the new version for leia. Plz post the RC version for testing purpose. Once again I admire your efforts to bring the new MADNOX.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4