• 10(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
small bug:

video discart fallback, if you select none, it does not display the disc even if available.

Atmos colored icon is missing
(2020-08-27, 18:05)meowmoo Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 18:17)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-25, 17:33)meowmoo Wrote: I don't have any issues with logo and other images

I set the path to d:/music
In that folder I have artist subfolders and in those I have album subfolders and the logo is in each artist subfolder, fanart... as well.
I see all logos in old Madnox and with Kodi 17, then with 18 and old Madnox I saw only online logos, not my offline logos and now with Madnox 2 I see no logo at all Sad
Beside this it runs pretty amazing!!!

I guess the issue is your folder, if the logos start disappearing with a new kodi version.

I have a extra folder only for the music art.

Folder name - artist name - stuff.png
Thanks but where is the difference ? I have at least also Folder Name - artist name and in there logo.png and Fan art ... AND the Album Folders. Maybe I have simply to many folders (>20.000)!? I will investigate deeper and also try a seperate folder as well wit some test folder to see if this help.

Will also follow Mr. V s hint about new structure, sound like there is my problem.
Thanks
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
(2020-08-29, 20:48)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 18:05)meowmoo Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 18:17)olarf Wrote: I set the path to d:/music
In that folder I have artist subfolders and in those I have album subfolders and the logo is in each artist subfolder, fanart... as well.
I see all logos in old Madnox and with Kodi 17, then with 18 and old Madnox I saw only online logos, not my offline logos and now with Madnox 2 I see no logo at all Sad
Beside this it runs pretty amazing!!!

I guess the issue is your folder, if the logos start disappearing with a new kodi version.

Thanks but where is the difference ? I have at least also Folder Name - artist name and in there logo.png and Fan art ... AND the Album Folders. Maybe I have simply to many folders (>20.000)!? I will investigate deeper and also try a seperate folder as well wit some test folder to see if this help.

Will also follow Mr. V s hint about new structure, sound like there is my problem.
Thanks
I follow your hint, especialy Mr. Vs hintz to read the new folder rules. FInaly it seems to be no difference at all, the new structure can be used but must not used. So I edit my advancedsettings.xml to enable all artwork but I see only clearlogo there, not logo. FInaly I rename one logo.png to clearlogo.png and it appears imediatly Smile
Now the question is, must I rename all my logo.png to clearlogo.png or can I edit a settings file to fix that behaviour?

Thanks in advance for any hint
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Question:

Is there a way to display movies in a collection? I installed skin info service but didnt work.
(2020-08-29, 21:27)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 20:48)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 18:05)meowmoo Wrote: I guess the issue is your folder, if the logos start disappearing with a new kodi version.

Thanks
I follow your hint, especialy Mr. Vs hintz to read the new folder rules. FInaly it seems to be no difference at all, the new structure can be used but must not used. So I edit my advancedsettings.xml to enable all artwork but I see only clearlogo there, not logo. FInaly I rename one logo.png to clearlogo.png and it appears imediatly Smile
Now the question is, must I rename all my logo.png to clearlogo.png or can I edit a settings file to fix that behaviour?

I used a bulk rename program, search for all logo.png and rename to clearlogo, done in 5 mins , over 2000 films, Did the same for music and cdart.png files to discart.png
Hello, i started using your Skin and it's great, stable, beauty.
But there is a problem, Atmos logo not showing up i did rename some of my movie to .atmos (Sample Kingsman 2.atmos) after that in place where audio codec supposed to show up there's nothing. I'm sry for my bad english, i'm from Ukraine.
Atmos.png logo only in Default media flags not in color folder.
Did try to place another atmos in color folder and it's still doesn't work. For example Original Madnox for leia is showing up properly atmos logos and so DTS:X Either.
Did read a Includemediaflag.xml File, and there are code lines for Atmos
(2020-08-31, 08:01)zorg2000k Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 21:27)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 20:48)olarf Wrote: Thanks but where is the difference ? I have at least also Folder Name - artist name and in there logo.png and Fan art ... AND the Album Folders. Maybe I have simply to many folders (>20.000)!? I will investigate deeper and also try a seperate folder as well wit some test folder to see if this help.

Thanks

I used a bulk rename program, search for all logo.png and rename to clearlogo, done in 5 mins , over 2000 films, Did the same for music and cdart.png files to discart.png
Ok, I guess I will do it the same way but I see that Kodi use logo.png and clearlogo.png in different ways. Thats why I ask if there ae maybe other options as well!?
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
(2020-08-31, 20:03)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 21:27)olarf Wrote: I follow your hint, especialy Mr. Vs hintz to read the new folder rules. FInaly it seems to be no difference at all, the new structure can be used but must not used. So I edit my advancedsettings.xml to enable all artwork but I see only clearlogo there, not logo. FInaly I rename one logo.png to clearlogo.png and it appears imediatly Smile

Ok, I guess I will do it the same way but I see that Kodi use logo.png and clearlogo.png in different ways. Thats why I ask if there ae maybe other options as well!?

You can add it to your advancedsettings.xml file:

<tvshowextraart>
      <arttype>characterart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
      <arttype>logo</arttype>

<movieextraart>
      <arttype>banner</arttype>
      <arttype>clearart</arttype>
      <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
      <arttype>logo</arttype>

etc...

Hope this helps...
2 questions

Where do you go to install Addons from zip  (can't find this setting)

How do you switch skins, can't find this setting alo.

Thanks you
never mind found addon shortcut
Hi There,

Very nice work !! I'm a heavy user of madnox since the beginning and this update is really amazing.

Here's a few remarks : 

- In saga, we have to change the view in every saga. Doing a change for first saga does not apply to others.
- keeping Web-dl cases would be very appreciated  Cool

I added a Dolby atmos and dts-x logo in colored logos. It works.

but regarding those logos (even with standards logos) I miss them for a few movies, only those that are 4k remux (maybe because of several audio streams) and only in the first view where all movies are presented, regardless of the type on view (kodiflix, showcases). if I entered in the Info view, they are here.
(2020-09-06, 18:02)Tedkiller Wrote: I added a Dolby atmos and dts-x logo in colored logos. It works.

but regarding those logos (even with standards logos) I miss them for a few movies, only those that are 4k remux (maybe because of several audio streams) and only in the first view where all movies are presented, regardless of the type on view (kodiflix, showcases). if I entered in the Info view, they are here.

Actually, problem occurs with files/movies with "atmos" in the filename. I did not test for dts-x but I guess it's the same.
Hi all,
Thanks for the positive comments and great feedback. Wish I could respond quicker to your comments, rather busy with life atm, so you may see only weekly replies and github updates. I will try my best to reply to every post. If I do miss something you have posted, feel free to give you question a bump.

I have a to do list on github, that I will add to as new features or bugs pop up. It is to keep track of what needs to be done before a submission to Kodi repo.
https://github.com/mistervee/skin.madnox/issues/45

New update of github;
  • Add fallback for landscape library artwork and widgets @zeroq 
  • Add landscape option to widgets (portrait, square and landscape icon selection only show the poster and will fallback to the icon) @ThorC1138 
  • Fix for dts-x ,atmos mediaflags and added coloured images (filename must contain ‘dtsx’, dts-x’ or atmos) Note: the atmos logo takes preference over dts-x icon @Dimetrixdemon  @Tedkiller @Edworld 
  • Add option for HDR/SDR, 8bit, 10bit, 12bit media flags (enable in skin settings/artwork/mediaflags or ‘view options’ under ‘Global’) for the flags to show the file name must contain HDR, 10bit, 10-bit ect.
  • Poster wall view – there are now three option for the icon size @ThorC1138 
  • Fixed showcase view discart when fallback option is set to none @Edworld 
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-08-31, 20:03)olarf Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 21:27)olarf Wrote: I follow your hint, especialy Mr. Vs hintz to read the new folder rules. FInaly it seems to be no difference at all, the new structure can be used but must not used. So I edit my advancedsettings.xml to enable all artwork but I see only clearlogo there, not logo. FInaly I rename one logo.png to clearlogo.png and it appears imediatly Smile

@olarf
Renaming you files will be the best way to fix logo's ect not showing. I also used bulk rename utility in the past when I had to rename my files. Some time back there was a thread talking about having a standard naming scheme for extra artwork that is reflected in the kodi wiki. The skin is coded to use the recommended file names. So, for the best compatibility for this and other skins you will need to rename your files.

For the naming of files kodi uses clearlogo.png and clearart.png. 'logo.png' is not used for the recommended filename.

The thread regarding standardizing the naming of files
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331822

Guide to setting up Extended Artwork and the Artist Information Folder
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341179
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4