• 12(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
(sorry, wrong click in my previous message)

I have an issue with bluray 3D cases. my 3D bluray are in ISO and the term "is.stereoscopic" does not seem to work. Is it a normal behaviour because of the ISO format ?
(2020-09-10, 09:08)Tedkiller Wrote: (sorry, wrong click in my previous message)

I have an issue with bluray 3D cases. my 3D bluray are in ISO and the term "is.stereoscopic" does not seem to work. Is it a normal behaviour because of the ISO format ?

(I don't know why but I cannot edit my messages. Sorry for the multi posting)

I should precise that my NFOs are handled by Tiny Media Manager and a got a 3d flag inside the NFOs
(2020-09-10, 09:04)Tedkiller Wrote:
(2020-09-10, 04:40)Mr. V Wrote: Thanks for the clarification for saga.
By default, Kodi sets the movie collection view to whatever the movie view is set to. If you would like a different view for each collection you will have to change each one individually. From the skinning side I have no control over this. Others skins will behave in the same way.
Fair point on the web-dl case, I did not think of the payed download services. Web-dl case added. It requires ‘webdl’ or ‘web-dl’ in the filename.
For the 4k remux, not sure yet the best way to code this. It looks as if it is not codec related so I am thinking it may have to be handled via the filename. I could add it the same way HDR and 10-bit flags are shown. What are your thoughts?

Thanks a lot for your understanding ! Really appreciated  Big Grin
I agree about 4K Remux, the only way would be via the filename and imho it should refer to the terms "UHD remux" (instead of 4K remux) as it it is in the scene. A "nice to have" would be to do it via filename and path for those like me that use different subfolders for each different quality (ie. my 4k remux are in a subfolder called UHD REMUX). this way, if your file is not named correctly, the folder path do the trick.
Just a few ideas from my previous tweak of madnox 1 : 

In order to be able to identify the source, I used the videocodec flag by showing bluray.png and bluray3d.png (already present in videocodec folder). I've just added a UHD bluray.png for UHD remux. I used the subfolder path name to identify them.

The bad side of this tweak is that I lost the videocodec information for those remux movies (and it was a bit redundant with the cases)... For someone that only do remux of his movies, it cannot be a good solution.

Using the cases is a better way imho but you would need to add cases for movies that have been transcoded or remuxed. 

Another way could be to slightly change the colors of cases (ie : dark blue for bluray remux and slight blue for transcoded bluray)
@Mr. V 

Where can we put feature requests?
I've tried tinkering with the XML files myself but unfortunately I didn't find what I'm looking for.

In the Madnox 1.0 versions, the RSS feed title and separator is in a different color (I believe the color of the font chosen)

Would it be possible to adjust this also in this skin?
New update on github
  • Reworked media flags
  • For the resolution flag, if you have ‘remux’ in the filename it will override the resolution
  • For the video codec flag it will override with;
    1. ListItem.VideoResolution = 4k or the Filename contains UHD – 4k.png
    2. ListItem.IsStereoscopic or the filename contains 3D – bluray3d.png
    3. Filename contains pdtv, sdtv or sd tv – sdtv.png
    4. Filename contains hdtv or hd tv – hdtv.png
    5. Filename contains hddvd or hd-dvd – hddvd.png
    6. Filename contains bluray or blu-ray or bdrip or brrip or file extension is bdmv  – bluray.png
    7. Filename contains web-dl or webdl or webrip – webdl.png
    8. Filename contains dvd or file extension contains iso or ifo – dvd.png
    9. If nothing matches above it will show the video codec.
  • Re-worked flags. Removed obsolescent, added more and improved some.
  • Actors should load instantly when opening the video info dialog.
  • Changed actor info movies/tvshows in dialog video info. Press up to show movies/tv shows by actor. If you enable’ TMDb actor info’ in settings the on up action will open a new window with online information relating to the actor.
  • Fix for home screen widget when now playing info is disabled
  • Switched to TMDb Helper content for next aired widget and custom next aired window, instead of 7 days it shows the next 365 days of next aired info.
  • RSS feed – Text and title colour changed to highlight colour.

@Tedkiller 
Thanks for your suggestions. Replacing the video codec flag seems like the best method as there is no space for additional flags. See above for how it works. If you have remux in the filename, i thought is was best to replace the resolution with 'remux'. You will still see SD, HD or 4K with remux below if it is in the filename. Let me know if you have any ideas on how i can improve on this.

@Fietspomp 
You can post here for feature requests or on github. Although i prefer github.
Changed the RSS feed colors. The skin highlight color is the same as the feed title and separator colors.

@Edworld
Changed the way actors loads It should be instant and not show the actors from the prior movie for a brief second.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Mr.  V.

I downloaded the latest version and tested the actors. It no longer shows actors from prior movie but they are not populated when I select the movie and open dialogvideoinfo. Im not sure if it is a cpu issue or it is just how it works. In arctic horizon which uses tmdb helper, when I open a movie the actors are already populated. I hope this helps.

Thanks
@Edworld 
Since the update i moved from using embuary info script to kodi's built in actor list. It was the only way to make the actors load instantly as using a script introduces a delay. If you are not seeing any actors i suspect kodi's default skin would have similar results.

Also if you are opening the info dialog from an addon like 'embuary info' actor's dont work. If it is from you local library i suspect it might be database related.

The thing with artic horizon is the actors load off screen, by the time the dialog is open and you push down the actors are loaded.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-09-20, 01:12)Mr. V Wrote: @Edworld 
Since the update i moved from using embuary info script to kodi's built in actor list. It was the only way to make the actors load instantly as using a script introduces a delay. If you are not seeing any actors i suspect kodi's default skin would have similar results.

Also if you are opening the info dialog from an addon like 'embuary info' actor's dont work. If it is from you local library i suspect it might be database related.

The thing with artic horizon is the actors load off screen, by the time the dialog is open and you push down the actors are loaded.

Mr. V,

I switched to estuary and the actors are there when I click on the movie. It would help to see if I am the only one with the actor issue...
A few things that I couldn't fix.

Artwork Beef doesn't update the Movie set.
The music artist logo does not update from my local library for some reason, where do I configure it?
I can't find any Movie/ TV Show view for Clearart.
Can you please help me with my issues?
(2020-09-20, 07:33)guandms Wrote: A few things that I couldn't fix.

The music artist logo does not update from my local library for some reason, where do I configure it?

About Arwork Beef... may I suggest you could use advancesettings.xml . You will never have to use separate process to update your library and artwork.
Check it out, and if you need help making the change drop me a line...

About the missing views... the skin is in the "alpha" stage of development, meaning it's a work in progress. If none of the currently available views work for you, make a "feature request" to @Mr. V so if it is possible he schedule it in the development.
(2020-09-20, 14:53)lynxstrike Wrote:

About Arwork Beef... may I suggest you could use advancesettings.xml . You will never have to use separate process to update your library and artwork.

About the missing views... the skin is in the "alpha" stage of development, meaning it's a work in progress. If none of the currently available views work for you, make a "feature request" to @Mr. V so if it is possible he schedule it in the development.

Am looking at the Advancedsettings wiki page , but can't see an example of the text set up for updating library artwork , could you elaborate please ?
(2020-09-20, 15:22)ontap Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 14:53)lynxstrike Wrote:

Am looking at the Advancedsettings wiki page , but can't see an example of the text set up for updating library artwork , could you elaborate please ?

OK... follow this steps:

1. go to your Kodi profile directory:
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

2. right click and choose "new text document"

3. copy and paste the text from this advancedsettings.xml file.

4. go to "file" menu and choose "save as".  At the bottom, "save as type" change it to "all files" and name the documente: advancesettings.xml

5. erase "new text document.txt"

6. make a copy and save it in the cloud or some cold storage in case you make another installation. Now, whenever you make a new installation, just paste this file and everything will be automated.

Notes:

It loads all artwork when it "reads" from sources. So, if you make a change, lets say a new poster or fanart of something already in your library, you have to go to that item and make a manual "refresh" to allow the changes.

For first time I would suggest you make a "backup" of your Kodi installation and then go to your sources, change content to "nothing", clear library.
Then re-set content to your sources and let Kodi update your library ... this time all your artwork will be there...

... any other doubt drop the line...
Thanks, much appreciated.
(2020-09-19, 10:39)Mr. V Wrote: @Tedkiller 
Thanks for your suggestions. Replacing the video codec flag seems like the best method as there is no space for additional flags. See above for how it works. If you have remux in the filename, i thought is was best to replace the resolution with 'remux'. You will still see SD, HD or 4K with remux below if it is in the filename. Let me know if you have any ideas on how i can improve on this.
Wouah ! exellent work ! love the new logos !

adding remux on the video resolution flag is a wonderful idea and works great.

Because I'm using the cases, having the source png instead of the video codec is a bit redundant for me (so I removed thoses lines to have only the codec infos), but for those that do not use cases, I guess it's great !

FYI, I had to add a h265.png in the videocodec folder and also a dts_es.png in the audio codec folder.

Also, I needed to do a few changes for the showcases because 3d.png was not called correctly : You may need to change the showcasecases lines (in Includes_ViewsVariables.xml) in order to add 3d in the filename like you did on the source flag (videocodec).
(2020-09-20, 15:59)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 15:22)ontap Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 14:53)lynxstrike Wrote: About Arwork Beef... may I suggest you could use advancesettings.xml . You will never have to use separate process to update your library and artwork.

OK... follow this steps:

1. go to your Kodi profile directory:
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

2. right click and choose "new text document"

3. copy and paste the text from this advancedsettings.xml file.

4. go to "file" menu and choose "save as".  At the bottom, "save as type" change it to "all files" and name the documente: advancesettings.xml

5. erase "new text document.txt"

6. make a copy and save it in the cloud or some cold storage in case you make another installation. Now, whenever you make a new installation, just paste this file and everything will be automated.

Notes:

It loads all artwork when it "reads" from sources. So, if you make a change, lets say a new poster or fanart of something already in your library, you have to go to that item and make a manual "refresh" to allow the changes.

For first time I would suggest you make a "backup" of your Kodi installation and then go to your sources, change content to "nothing", clear library.
Then re-set content to your sources and let Kodi update your library ... this time all your artwork will be there...

... any other doubt drop the line...

This advancedsettings tip is really a nice thing to know ! thanks a lot for it.

Does it work when artworks are named with the movie name  ?

For example : movie-logo.png
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4