Mixed Compilations and Cue
Hi, i have a lot of Mixed Set's and each one have a CUE file with all the needed info, and the MP3 file is tagged with the info.
For example:
Folder: DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)
01 DJ Mengano - Tribal.cue (10 Tracks)
01 DJ Mengano - Tribal.mp3 (Tag: Name Song: Tribal / Number Track: 01 / Artist: DJ Mengano / Album: DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)
02 DJ Mengano - House.cue (8 Tracks)
02 DJ Mengano - House.mp3 (Tag: Name Song: House / Number Track: 02 / Artist: DJ Mengano / Album: DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)
03 DJ Mengano - Trance.cue (12 Tracks)
03 DJ Mengano - Trance.mp3 (Tag: Name Song: Trance / Number Track: 03 / Artist: DJ Mengano / Album: DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)
04 DJ Mengano - Techno.cue (6 Tracks)
04 DJ Mengano - Techno.mp3 (Tag: Name Song: Techno / Number Track: 04 / Artist: DJ Mengano / Album: DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)

I want navigate in Kodi and select the Album: DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)
Inside choose what track: 01 Tribal, 02, House, etc...
And them, see the list of Track 1, or Track 2 etc.

Kodi organice in that way:
Album: DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)
Inside have:
01 First Track Of House
01 First Track Of Tribal
01 First Track Of Trance
01 First Track Of Techno
02 Second Track Of House
02 Second Track Of Tribal
02 Second Track Of Trance
02 Second Track Of Techno
etc...

If you play the firs track of House, them play the first track of Tribal and not the second track of House...
I'm sorry about my english, i hope someone understand me.
Anyway, I left a few pics to explain my text.
Thanks

CUE
Kodi Albums
kodi Songs
I think this is just about you choosing the appropriate sort order. In v17 the songs node sort order default to name, hence you see all the 01... tracks first. Pul out the side blade menu and pick a different sort order e.g. Album (that also does track order within each album).
(2017-12-15, 20:01)DaveBlake Wrote: I think this is just about you choosing the appropriate sort order. In v17 the songs node sort order default to name, hence you see all the 01... tracks first. Pul out the side blade menu and pick a different sort order e.g. Album (that also does track order within each album).

I change the sort order to Album and they have a different order, but still incorrect
You need to sort by track
(2017-12-16, 00:56)jjd-uk Wrote: You need to sort by track

By track the order is
03. etc
I got eye strain looking at your cue sheets image but I think the issue is related to having multiple cue sheets with the same TITLE element e.g. "DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)". Kodi allows for an album to be split across more than one music file, taking the album from TITLE and PERFORMER pair, but nothing from the file name. The FILE element just identifies where the music is located. Hence with your cuesheets it results in albums with multiple track 1 etc. (with different genres).

For example album: "DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)" will have songs <name, track number, genre>
"Reach (unknow version)",  01, "Tribal,  House"
"Samb Adagio", 01, "Trance, Progressive"
"Prosac (Tony II mix)", 01, "Techno, Hard techno"
"Feel This",  02, "Tribal,  House"
"The Taste of Summer", 02, "Trance, Progressive"
"Taub (Mario Pico mix)", 02, "Techno, Hard techno"

To get the result you want you will need to alter the cue sheets to have "Tribal", "Trance" etc. in the TITLE element.

Or if cuesheet changes unacceptable, you could explore what selecting via genre does. There is no sorting by genre, but if you navigate from the Genres node, say selecting "Trance, Progressive", then to the album "DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)", it will filter only the songs with that genre.
(2017-12-17, 11:53)DaveBlake Wrote: I got eye strain looking at your cue sheets image but I think the issue is related to having multiple cue sheets with the same TITLE element e.g. "DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)". Kodi allows for an album to be split across more than one music file, taking the album from TITLE and PERFORMER pair, but nothing from the file name. The FILE element just identifies where the music is located. Hence with your cuesheets it results in albums with multiple track 1 etc. (with different genres).

For example album: "DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)" will have songs <name, track number, genre>
"Reach (unknow version)",  01, "Tribal,  House"
"Samb Adagio", 01, "Trance, Progressive"
"Prosac (Tony II mix)", 01, "Techno, Hard techno"
"Feel This",  02, "Tribal,  House"
"The Taste of Summer", 02, "Trance, Progressive"
"Taub (Mario Pico mix)", 02, "Techno, Hard techno"

To get the result you want you will need to alter the cue sheets to have "Tribal", "Trance" etc. in the TITLE element.

Or if cuesheet changes unacceptable, you could explore what selecting via genre does. There is no sorting by genre, but if you navigate from the Genres node, say selecting "Trance, Progressive", then to the album "DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)", it will filter only the songs with that genre.

You're the best Daveblake, you have right, I change the album name in the cue sheet and now I have 4 "Albums" with the correct songs each one.
Is there any way to make that 4 "Albums" appears in one node? Like this:

Folder: DJ Mengano - DJ Klub (CDC, Mixed-2000)
Subfolder: Tribal - House
Subfolder: Trance
Subfolder: Techno
Subfolder: Electro

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mixed Compilations and Cue0