ActivateWindow(PVRGuideInfo) crashes kodi
I have added the following snippet to my keymap.xml:
Quote:  <FullscreenLiveTV>
      <keyboard>
              <m>ActivateWindow(PVRGuideInfo)</m>
       </keyboard>
</FullscreenLiveTV>
As soon as I press the "m" key, kodi crashes with segfault. Happens with kodi 17.5 and 17.6. Tested with confluence and estuary.

If I map pvrosdguide instead of PVRGuideInfo I will get the desired information after pressing ENTER one more time. So the window is working in general. So I must be doing something wrong, but looking at the code of skins they seem to activate the window exactly in the same way. Any idea?
Can you post a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs

With the log, hopefully someone can see what is happening right before the crash.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
not possible afaik i know. those infodialogs are contextual, they can only be from a certain window.

like the movie information dialog, it can only be opened when you're in your movie library, but not during playback.
i assume the same is true for the pvr info dialog.

only *osd* dialogs can be opened during fullscreen playback.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-12-21, 21:36)ronie Wrote: not possible afaik i know. those infodialogs are contextual, they can only be from a certain window.

like the movie information dialog, it can only be opened when you're in your movie library, but not during playback.
i assume the same is true for the pvr info dialog.

only *osd* dialogs can be opened during fullscreen playback.
 Thank you very much for this information!

So maybe I should just revert to the estuary skin which displays the plot of the running show in the pvrosdguide also. I would like to get this information with a single keypress and with skin confluence; half of the display is unused there anyway, but so far I did not really understand how those skins work.

Anyway, thanks again for confirmation that what I tried is not a bug, but impossible by design.
when i do this via ssh:

kodi-send --action='ActivateWindow(pvrguideinfo)'

kodi crashes.

not good!
(2018-05-22, 17:28)wedok Wrote: when i do this via ssh:

kodi-send --action='ActivateWindow(pvrguideinfo)'

kodi crashes.

not good!

No debug log. Not good! ;-)
kodi.old.log
kodi_crash.log

It doesn't crash if Programme information was activated once from context menu of a channel.
(2019-10-31, 22:01)bam80 Wrote: kodi.old.logkodi_crash.log

It doesn't crash if Programme information was activated once from context menu of a channel.

Fixed with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/16866

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ActivateWindow(PVRGuideInfo) crashes kodi0