skin for 9:16 (1080x1920) screen
Hi, is there a skin for 9:16 (1080x1920) screens?
I find skins for horizontal screens but no for vertical screens

sample image:
as far as i know no one has made one. it's all horizontal
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
A VVS skin... That is something new. Smile
(2017-12-25, 12:35)Martijn Wrote: as far as i know no one has made one. it's all horizontal
 Kodi stretch all things in 1080x1920 resolution
Is there a way to turn off stretch for vertical screens?
(2017-12-25, 13:00)Klojum Wrote: A VVS skin... That is something new. Smile
 Klojum, skin can be done but the Kodi does not allow vertical resolutions.
am I wrong?
Skins can be done for any direction AFAIK, as long as the target gpu/device/screen supports it, and all objects are correctly aligned to top/left/right/bottom corners IMO. It's possible though that video acceleration isn't working that well (or at all) when the screen is upside down or rotated at 90/270 degrees. Video experts can comment much better to this alternate screen setup and its impact on video display.

But just like any skin, it's the challenge to make a good one. Making a proof of concept would be a start.
Are you seriously watching any content in portrait mode?
People usually watch/make portrait videos on their smart phone.
I always get the urge to rotate the television set at their homes as well...
(2017-12-25, 16:26)HeresJohnny Wrote: Are you seriously watching any content in portrait mode?
for example, watched on a car pc display/dashboard or lcd kiosk display
(2017-12-25, 13:45)Klojum Wrote: Skins can be done for any direction AFAIK, as long as the target gpu/device/screen supports it, and all objects are correctly aligned to top/left/right/bottom corners IMO. It's possible though that video acceleration isn't working that well (or at all) when the screen is upside down or rotated at 90/270 degrees. Video experts can comment much better to this alternate screen setup and its impact on video display.

But just like any skin, it's the challenge to make a good one. Making a proof of concept would be a start.
how can i fix it?

(2017-12-25, 20:48)bozkurt Wrote: how can i fix it?
Basically by creating a new skin. Some of the graphics will need adjustment as well, but realigning the new aspect ratio will require just about every skin file to be recalibrated.
You can start by copying the desired skin into a copy with a new name, and adjusting its addon.xml contents subsequently.
After that, all your edits are welcomed. (Don't forget to make frequent backups)
The only real reason I can see for this is playing music, it certainly is not suitable for video material.

I have never seen a portrait car screen.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-26, 09:04)nickr Wrote: The only real reason I can see for this is playing music, it certainly is not suitable for video material.

I have never seen a portrait car screen.

this screen is Tesla's Smile

(2017-12-25, 22:39)Klojum Wrote: Basically by creating a new skin. Some of the graphics will need adjustment as well, but realigning the new aspect ratio will require just about every skin file to be recalibrated.
You can start by copying the desired skin into a copy with a new name, and adjusting its addon.xml contents subsequently.
After that, all your edits are welcomed. (Don't forget to make frequent backups) 
 Klojum, This is a start for vertical skin..
Thank you my friend

Hi Bozkurt

did you manage to develop the portrait format interface?
I am searching for a portrait skin (for Kodi on raspberry Pi3/4) but at the moment I haven't find a solution Sad

Thanx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin for 9:16 (1080x1920) screen0