IPvanish not working properly
Hi there.  I am a complete technophobe, so please be gentle with me !   I live in Australia but wish to watch BBC iplayer and other UK tv shows which are blocked.  So, I purchased IP vanish, activated on my Amazon firestick (which I purchased in the uk) and yet - BBC keeps saying I'm not in the uk.  My question is, why does IPvanish appear not to be working on Kodi?  Do I need to download a VPN manager app?  If so, how do I do this and transfer to the firestick?  Its all getting very complicated and I've just subscribed to 12 months of IPvanish !!!!
I doubt you'll get any help here trying to circumvent geo-blocking. The BBC are not stupid, they know exactly what you are doing and have blocks in place to prevent you from doing it.

This is most likely not a Kodi issue as you'd no doubt find the same issue if trying to access iPlayer via your web browser. Have you tried using the BBC iPlayer android app, if so does it give you the same message?

I'd suggest you should seek help elsewhere as I'm not even sure of the legality of what you are doing given you are not a UK licence payer, perhaps you could ask IP Vanish for assistance given they are the ones you paid your money to for the service.
Hello robinsel

As FXB78 states, there won't be any help in this forum for circumventing geo-blocks.

Kodi works just fine without a VPN, so installing one is seen as a third party modification. You will need to contact the IPVanish help desk for assistance.

ps... if you are interested- VPN's are not secure... https://torrentfreak.com/purevpn-explain...er-171016/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am facing issue Ipvanish is not working well try ExpressVPN.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPvanish not working properly0