Reading ratings from MP3 tags in kodi
I'm trying to understand how mp3tag reading works, before the latest version I was able to see my ratings I saved in Musicbee in Kodi in all viewtypes in the stars. Now I can only see the ratings in Info and the playing OSD, no longer in list view of the library or the current playlist. This is in Aeon Nox, is it possible to force Kodi to read the ratings in the Mp3tags? Thanks
If you can see the ratings in song info dialog and on OSD then Kodi is correcltly scanning the tags you have set with Mp3Tag into the music library.

The stars missing from list view of songs sounds like a problem with the Aeon Nox skin. I suggest that you raise it on the skins forum.
If you are interested, I tried getting the stars on the list view working with Estuary here

https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/pull/245

Unfortunately it wasn't accepted, but you can edit the code to add it manually.
Thanks for the replies, I switched to Aeon Nox Silvo where the ratings are read from tags.
I am going to correct you @elra,  skins do not read tags. Your issue was that the Aeon Nox skin was not displaying the information Kodi has, but you have swapped to Aeon Nox Silvo that does.
I'm surprised as well as I copied the code from Aeon Nox and it was working on list view last time I checked about a month ago.

As Dave says, the data is in the database. Its the skins job to show it on different views.

EDIT: It may depend on what version of Kodi you are using of course, as ratings changed in the Krypton release. Aeon nox has different branches for different Kodi releases. My tests were on latest nightlies.
(2018-01-22, 14:25)DaveBlake Wrote: I am going to correct you @elra,  skins do not read tags. Your issue was that the Aeon Nox skin was not displaying the information Kodi has, but you have swapped to Aeon Nox Silvo that does.
 Aye I got the wording wrong. Aeon Nox displayed that info before though, it stopped working with a certain update of the skin I think, unintended most likely. Though it could possibly be related to a restored backup of files that may have gone wrong on my end. mikeSiLVO is looking into it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reading ratings from MP3 tags in kodi0