Important Mimic development to end with Kodi 18
Hi all,

It's been a great run, but with one (soon to be two) infants in the house there just isn't as much time for skinning as there used to be. Smile Any time I have now will be spent on my other skin, Omni. If there's someone that wants to take over development of Mimic, just let me know. I'll be around, but may not always be the best one to respond to requests as it's not a skin that I use anymore.
Making it a sticky posting.
I've used Mimic for a couple of years now and it really is a great Kodi skin. I'd just like to say thank you braz for all your work on this skin over the years, and of course I respect your decision to let it go after the next release, family comes first. Cheers Smile
(2018-01-27, 00:13)Klojum Wrote: Making it a sticky posting.
 Thanks, that's exactly what I was trying to do. Smile
Using mimic for years for me the only skin that make kodi usable on my TV. Just want to thanks you braz, for your hard work and for always friendly reply on any request or issue.
Thanks for all the hard work!
(2018-01-27, 00:32)FXB78 Wrote: Eu usei Mimic há alguns anos e realmente é uma ótima capa de Kodi. Gostaria apenas de agradecer por todo o seu trabalho nesta pele ao longo dos anos e, é claro, respeito sua decisão de deixar isso depois do próximo lançamento, a família vem primeiro. FelicidadesSmile
what skin is your now?
(2018-02-02, 22:37)flr3000 Wrote: what skin is your now? 
  Still using Mimic until it's obsolete, then I might move to Omni, don't know yet.
Mimic when use in horizontal give error e close Kodi
Only in vertical menu is ok. Why?
(2018-02-05, 12:28)flr3000 Wrote: Mimic when use in horizontal give error e close Kodi
Only in vertical menu is ok. Why?
Are you using one of the recent Kodi nightlies? There was a bug that crashed Kodi when rotate animations were used. It's been fixed, so try updating to the latest nightly.
Sorry to hearing that you stop with Mimic.
I'm going to give it a try.
As far as I know you're using sublime text and kodidevkit.
Is it possible to get the correct addons and settings you're using.
And possible directions?
I'm using sublime text build 3159 dev.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks a lot Braz, you've done a great job.
(2018-02-17, 19:19)benrot Wrote: Sorry to hearing that you stop with Mimic.
I'm going to give it a try.
As far as I know you're using sublime text and kodidevkit.
Is it possible to get the correct addons and settings you're using.
And possible directions?
I'm using sublime text build 3159 dev.
Thanks in advance.
I mostly use Sublime, just run kodidevkit to check the code before submitting to the Kodi repo. Best tips I can give are to always refer to the Kodi wiki pages on infolabels, boolean conditions, and built-in functions. Start by making some minor changes and reloading the skin to test. I have Ctrl-G on my keyboard mapped to ReloadSkin(), making it much easier to test skin changes.
So sad to read this. just by mistake updated to Kodi 18 and lost my mimic. tried all other skins but couldn't find anything that match Mimic and the way to customize submenus. now i try to run the Emby skin but don't like the non clean look of it.
Try lrytbird by rufoo. He hopefully will update it soon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mimic development to end with Kodi 180