• 7(current)
Release CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)
hi i have edit the post and upload the log 
https://paste.kodi.tv/yayocodowu

thx
I'm guessing its your vpn or location -- I don't get a 403 from inside Canada.

Sorry, you're out of luck I think.
micahg - friend of mine was watching the CBC show Still Standing Season 1 and just over the last few days all episodes in Season 1 and 2 are no longer available. However, all episodes from Season 3 are still available. Is this something to do with CBC no longer streaming the first two seasons or is it an addon problem. If looking after this issue is too much of a hassle for you just don't bother with it but if it is an easy fix, then it would be appreciated by my friend. My wife and I have had the good fortune of seeing all 3 seasons and mentioned to our friends that it was a worthwhile show to watch.
(2018-04-22, 01:24)a2343 Wrote: micahg - friend of mine was watching the CBC show Still Standing Season 1 and just over the last few days all episodes in Season 1 and 2 are no longer available. However, all episodes from Season 3 are still available. Is this something to do with CBC no longer streaming the first two seasons or is it an addon problem. If looking after this issue is too much of a hassle for you just don't bother with it but if it is an easy fix, then it would be appreciated by my friend. My wife and I have had the good fortune of seeing all 3 seasons and mentioned to our friends that it was a worthwhile show to watch.
Can you check on the website? I'm not at my computer.
I just checked the cbc website and was able to view the 3rd Season but but could not view the 1st and 2nd Seasons until I signed up as a CBC member allowing me to watch these episodes for free. From there I am able watch these season 1 and 2 from the CBC website but still can't do so from Kodi.
(2018-04-22, 03:05)a2343 Wrote: I just checked the cbc website and was able to view the 3rd Season but but could not view the 1st and 2nd Seasons until I signed up as a CBC member allowing me to watch these episodes for free. From there I am able watch these season 1 and 2 from the CBC website but still can't do so from Kodi.
Ok, that's probably something I can fix.
Leaving for Athens later today, be back May 03 at which time I will check to see if problem fixed. In the meantime thanks for your help.
Hi,

I added CBC account support -- you can try the 'logon' branch on github or wait for version 4.0.3 to roll out. I submitted the PR tonight.
The "Shows" section of the addon broke for me yesterday. The links must have changed.
(2018-04-27, 00:40)Warner306 Wrote: The "Shows" section of the addon broke for me yesterday. The links must have changed.
 Hmm... all good here with version 4.0.2 and 4.0.3.  Can you confirm which version you are on and maybe post a log (instructions on the first page).

Thanks,
I deleted the addon data and all was working again. If it happens again, I’ll send you a debug log. I access each show through favourites, so maybe this corrupted the addon in some way.

Would you consider adding a favourites feature? It’s not necessary but would make things easier.
(2018-04-27, 06:09)Warner306 Wrote: I deleted the addon data and all was working again. If it happens again, I’ll send you a debug log. I access each show through favourites, so maybe this corrupted the addon in some way.

Everything in their API guid based (basically random) - I suspect that they change, which is why your favourites broke.

(2018-04-27, 06:09)Warner306 Wrote: Would you consider adding a favourites feature? It’s not necessary but would make things easier.

It isn't high on my priority list. But, the beauty of open source is that you can do it yourself if you like. Code is linked in the first post.
(2018-04-27, 15:40)micahg Wrote:
(2018-04-27, 06:09)Warner306 Wrote: I deleted the addon data and all was working again. If it happens again, I’ll send you a debug log. I access each show through favourites, so maybe this corrupted the addon in some way.

Everything in their API guid based (basically random) - I suspect that they change, which is why your favourites broke.

(2018-04-27, 06:09)Warner306 Wrote: Would you consider adding a favourites feature? It’s not necessary but would make things easier.

It isn't high on my priority list. But, the beauty of open source is that you can do it yourself if you like. Code is linked in the first post. 
 I wasn't just attempting to access the content via favourites. I was also unable to access the content directly from the shows section. Something broke the device registration feature, as this process enabled again when I deleted the add on data folder. Something is amiss, but I'll see if it happens again.

If I could code, I would add a favourites features. But I can't, so I live with things as they are. It is already a satisfying experience. Your work is much appreciated here. I really missed the CBC.ca add on after the last one stopped development nearly two years ago.

Keep up the good work...
The new version has a logout command in the settings you can use so you don't need to uninstall. It'll force reauthorization.
Hi Micahg, fellow Canuck from the prairies here...

I've installed your addon from the zip file linked in your original post but can't seem to make it work. I've entered my CBC username and password but whatever I choose from any of the sections I get a "Working..." spinner followed after a minute or so by an error "Failed to play one or more items..."

I tried the logout option and restarted the addon. I then see a brief Authorization message, so I assume I'm logged in. But nothing I choose will play.

Happy to provide whatever information that will help in diagnosing... I'm using Kodi 17.6 and the CBC Addon version is 4.0.3

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/Smfx4tjTbt/

Cheers,
Robert
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC TV (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation)1