organize subfolders
First of all, hi everyone and thanks to DanCooper for his great job!

I have some questions:
-there is a pdf or wiki page whit a guide for dummies like me?
- i red and searched in the forum whitout results for my problem. I have all my films in one directory \multimedia\films\ and I would like to automaticaly make each subdir with the film name, I set in the renamer page the mask whit title - year but I stil have all the files in one dir, where am I wrong? thanks
$L {($Y)}\$L {($Y)} should be all you need.  Are you setting this up in Settings->Modules->Renamer?  That gives you a table for all options and will save your settings for future scrapings.  Also check Settings->Movies->Files and Sources->Defaults For New Sources->Sort files into folders before each update.
(2018-02-13, 00:49)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: $L {($Y)}\$L {($Y)} should be all you need. 
I've in the renamer page two rows to edit, one for the folder name and I set $T {($Y)}{-$R} and another for the file name and i set $T{-$R} is that the problem?
(2018-02-13, 00:49)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Are you setting this up in Settings->Modules->Renamer?  That gives you a table for all options and will save your settings for future scrapings.  Also check Settings->Movies->Files and Sources->Defaults For New Sources->Sort files into folders before each update.
Done yet but same result
(2018-02-14, 19:21)t.moro Wrote:
(2018-02-13, 00:49)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: $L {($Y)}\$L {($Y)} should be all you need. 
I've in the renamer page two rows to edit, one for the folder name and I set $T {($Y)}{-$R} and another for the file name and i set $T{-$R} is that the problem?
(2018-02-13, 00:49)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Are you setting this up in Settings->Modules->Renamer?  That gives you a table for all options and will save your settings for future scrapings.  Also check Settings->Movies->Files and Sources->Defaults For New Sources->Sort files into folders before each update.
Done yet but same result 
Not clear to me so have to ask.
Have you set up your source in Ember and let it build it's DB, without it I don't think anything happens?
Your code works fine here on my end:  The Avengers (2012)-1080p\The Avengers (2012)-1080p
(2018-02-14, 21:08)T-bird_se Wrote: Have you set up your source in Ember
yes, done

(2018-02-14, 21:08)T-bird_se Wrote: and let it build it's DB, without it I don't think anything happens? 

If the left column is populated I think the database is ok, or I've to do something else?

And this is the page with the folder row and the file one…

I think the folder pattern is only used if you've set the movie source to "each movies is in a own folder".

If you remove your sorces and re-add it with "separate folder for each movie" enabled than any videofile that is directly stored in the source folder will be moved into an own folder with the same name. Also all images and trailers will be moved if they beginn with the same name. After that you can use the Bulk Renamer under Tools to cleanup your files and directories.
mmmm...ok I'll try this but in the first time I set "each file in separate folder" and ember fuond only a couple of films (that were in subfolders) and not all the others in the principal folder, but if Dan says to do that, now I'll retray.
Thanks!
Yes, if the option "each movie in separate folder" is enabled than only one movie per folder will be recognized. So you have to manually sort out the movies that actually are in subfolders. But any movie that has been stored in the source folder will be moved to an own folder while database update.
So... I set each file in separate folder and now the library has only 88 films and the other 1320?
I tried both "use folder name for initial scan" selected and not but still I've only 88 films

Then....what is the procedure to move all film in a separate folder?  
Now I've 1400 films in the /film dir and only 88 in separate subfolders...
(2018-02-15, 15:59)t.moro Wrote: So... I set each file in separate folder and now the library has only 88 films and the other 1320?
What do you mean with "the other 1320"? Only 88 has been listed and the rest is still missing?

(2018-02-15, 15:59)t.moro Wrote: I tried both "use folder name for initial scan" selected and not but still I've only 88 films
"Use folder name for initial scan" has nothing to do with your problem. Depeding on enabled or disabled, the folder name or file name will be used as temporary title if no NFO has been found.

(2018-02-15, 15:59)t.moro Wrote: Then....what is the procedure to move all film in a separate folder?  
Now I've 1400 films in the /film dir and only 88 in separate subfolders...
Normally all video files that are stored in W:\video\film, e.g. W:\video\film\Avatar.bluray.mkv shoud be moved to a new folder (e.g. W:\video\film\Avatar.bluray\Avatar.bluray.mkv) if you scan the library.
You can try to manually do that with Tools => Sort Files into Folders. You should remove the source before and re-add after that.
(2018-02-15, 16:37)DanCooper Wrote: What do you mean with "the other 1320"
If I set use subfolder I see only the films set into each subfolder

(2018-02-15, 16:37)DanCooper Wrote: Normally all video files that are stored in W:\video\film, e.g. W:\video\film\Avatar.bluray.mkv shoud be moved to a new folder (e.g. W:\video\film\Avatar.bluray\Avatar.bluray.mkv) if you scan the library.
You can try to manually do that with Tools => Sort Files into Folders. You should remove the source before and re-add after that. 
Done but the files are still in the root dir, maybe I've to set some permission to the program ? like execute with admin privilege? the folder W:\video is a samba share mounted in windows as W: whit read/write rights... maybe the problem is in this type of configHuh?
(2018-02-15, 16:57)t.moro Wrote: like execute with admin privilege?
Try it. It's depending on you Windows user settings. But if you can write on W:\ then also Ember should be able to write without any extra pivileges.
You've ever looked into the Ember log file under .\Ember Media Manager\Logs?
there are no errors in the log file, now I'll try to reinstall ember and remove all .nfo files then execute with admin rights
I did a quick test with a few movies

One folder with the movies
One movie with it's own folder including it's movie

Start Ember (no source set up yet) and go to tools menu, select sort movies in to it's own folder
Checked what's happen, and all is sorted to a folder with the same name as the movie file,the one that already in correct folder was untouched
Set up a source in Ember and let it scrape them

To clean up the folder and movie names (not necessary, just if you want it clean)
I use this setting for renaming, but everyone has his own ideas and likings
For movie folder: $T {($Y)} gives you Movietitle (year)
For file pattern: $T ($Y){.$S} gives you movietitle (year.moviesource)
Run the Bulk renamer

After that all is sorted and named nicely

So you can do the same yourself with a small testfolder before running on your main collection

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
organize subfolders0