• 118(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
(2019-08-23, 00:22)latts9923 Wrote: I just updated my repo to v1.0.9. If you check for updates to the repo it should install the new version.

But where do we find the updated version to script.skinhelper.colorpicker? It says dependencies not met.

Never mind, I figured it out.

Thanks,

Shedrock
Latts I am not able to install recent update to leia 1.0.18 fails to update script.skin.helper.skinbackup.version 1.0.21~alpha.
@followtheants

You need to install Marduk's Repo to get that version of Skin Backup. Then you should be able to install the latest Leia Mod.
Is anyone else experiencing the Up Next addon update failure? Never had an issue in the past.
(2019-08-25, 16:41)wags1 Wrote: Is anyone else experiencing the Up Next addon update failure? Never had an issue in the past.

Found the issue. Problem was being caused by an old repository that I had installed that I didn’t need anymore. Uninstalled the repository and problem resolved.
Hi,
When playing music on my Windows 10 PC with Aeon MQ7 Leia Mod, I like to have Milkdrop 2 visualisation playing but it plays with the artist fanart showing, how do I remove or stop it from viewing artist fanart, when I go to media and click on settings, the music playing makes an repeating echo sound and then kodi crashes/terminates and takes me back to my desktop, any ideas how to stop this.
(2019-08-26, 17:33)Jay La Funk Wrote: Hi,
When playing music on my Windows 10 PC with Aeon MQ7 Leia Mod, I like to have Milkdrop 2 visualisation playing but it plays with the artist fanart showing, how do I remove or stop it from viewing artist fanart, when I go to media and click on settings, the music playing makes an repeating echo sound and then kodi crashes/terminates and takes me back to my desktop, any ideas how to stop this.
Turn off all visualizations first then try OSD Setting again.  Change setting to View; exit Setting and reactivate Milkdrop.

FYI, I've had the same problem on LE for months now.  Just learned to tolerate it but would certainly welcome a solution...
Smile 
(2019-08-26, 19:33)jasn Wrote:
(2019-08-26, 17:33)Jay La Funk Wrote: Hi,
Turn off all visualizations first then try OSD Setting again.  Change setting to View; exit Setting and reactivate Milkdrop.

FYI, I've had the same problem on LE for months now.  Just learned to tolerate it but would certainly welcome a solution...

Cheers jasn, that worked a treat  Wink  
@Jay La Funk
@jasn

I'll revisit this problem again. I was looking at it months ago, but ventured off on something else.
(2019-08-20, 03:00)RobbieWilkes Wrote:
(2019-08-17, 01:24)latts9923 Wrote: @RobbieWilkes
Hmm...check something for me if you would. Open userdata/addon_data/skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod/settings.xml and find this setting...
xml:

<setting id="fontglow" type="string">ffe8e8e8</setting>
Do you have a color code listed?

<setting id="fontglowpulse" type="bool">false</setting>
<setting id="fontglow.name" type="string">None</setting>
<setting id="fontglow" type="string">None</setting>
<setting id="fontglow.base" type="string"></setting>

However, I decided to do a search for just "font", and ran across these settings...

<setting id="stylefont" type="string">font3</setting>  (for Style 3, I assume)
but then I found these settings....
<setting id="colorfont.base" type="string">ffFFFAF0</setting>
<setting id="colorfont.name" type="string">FFFFFAF0</setting>
<setting id="colorfont" type="string">FFFFFAF0</setting>

Of course, I have no idea if that's what they're supposed to be, or not.

If all that seems right, is there any possibility that a Windows (TTF) font could have any affect on the skin?

Thanks for looking at this.  It's really not a big deal cosmetically, just a bit of a mystery. 
Just a follow up on this (fuzzy colored fonts in main menu). I still haven't figured out the solution, though I have eliminated a few other things, including something specific with my build.

I renamed my Settings.xml file and allowed it to be rebuilt to default, I still have the same issue with colors.

Renamed \userdata\addon_data\skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod folder and allowed it to be re-created.  No change.

I then backed up the addons\skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod and replaced it with a copy from the skin.aeonmq7.leia.mod-1.0.1.8.zip.  No change.

Loaded up MQ8 just to see if it could somehow be somehow tied to Kodi itself, but the problem did NOT persist. Standard colored fonts

Just for grins, backed up the FONTS folder under the ADDON folder, and replaced it with the one from MQ8...  no change.

I even pulled the Fonts folder from another Win10 system, with a different load, and replaced all the system fonts, just to see if that would make a difference.

I'm assuming that this isn't an issue for other people, but I'll be darned if I can figure out the cause on my machine.  I kinda wonder if, as someone else mentioned was their issue, it could be another repository that's somehow causing this.

I know I should probably just stop worrying about it, but, honestly, fixing problems is kinda what I do for a living, so it's really just a personal challenge at this point.  LOL!

Oh, and as, I, once again, made my way through other skins, I was reminded just how much I love the look and ease of configuration of this skin.  I'm pretty much stuck with whatever version of Kodi is supported, until another update comes out. :-)
Oh, here's one other question that I had...

Is the second Main Menu entry supposed to be the Focused option on launch, with this version, or is something else out of wack with my config?

My Menu (in Fixed mode) is customized, with YouTubeTV as the first menu item, followed by Recordings and then TV Shows.  However, at launch, Recordings is center screen.  This is different than it loaded in previous versions of the skin, so thought I would check.

Thanks!
@RobbieWilkes
Can you send me a copy of the code you used for the font color? Yeah, the horizontal menu for the Leia Mod always focuses the menu item to the right of what should be focused. I looked at that problem for a while and couldn't find a solution. However, the vertical menu works just fine.
@latts9923 

I do not know if this is a bug or not (or if everybody know this but me)   but............
In both MQ7 MOD and MQ8 MOD, if I go into "settings", "System", "Audio" and then "GUI Sounds" and change it to Latts Star Wars UI 1.0.1 sounds it crashes KODI completely.
I tried this several times with each Mod to be sure!

Hope this helps refine a problem....

The "O Man!"
@melons2
I'll take a look at the Star Wars UI Sounds Add-on.
(2019-08-27, 13:47)latts9923 Wrote: @RobbieWilkes
Can you send me a copy of the code you used for the font color? Yeah, the horizontal menu for the Leia Mod always focuses the menu item to the right of what should be focused. I looked at that problem for a while and couldn't find a solution. However, the vertical menu works just fine.

@latts9923 No sure what you mean by "code".  Did you want a copy of my settings.xml file?   All I'm doing is using the [COLOR color]menu name[/COLOR] when naming the menu entries under Customize Main Menu.  For example [COLOR blue]RECORDINGS[/COLOR] 

Beyond that, I'm not doing anything extravagant. 

I did manage to eliminate the "problem", even if I still don't know the cause.  I edited the IncludesMainMenu.xml file and removed all the control nodes related to the MainMenuFontGlow functionality for Font_menu3 (Type 3), which is the one I use.  Based one what I saw, the "fuzziness" of the colored fonts was just an overlay of all levels that make up the glow function, in stationary form.  Weird that it only affected the colored fonts though.
@RobbieWilkes

OK...I'm currently away from my modding PC, but I'll try to reproduce the problem when I can.
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13