• 127(current)
v18 Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod
Hi,

if I stop browsing through my video library everything around the movie which is selected is getting a bit darker after a few seconds.

I was wondering if I can set this contrast as default somewhere?
@Kupo91
What view are you using?
(2019-12-30, 03:32)latts9923 Wrote: @Kupo91
What view are you using?

I'm using the panel view
@Kupo91
The code for that is in ViewsPanel.xml. At the top of the file is the include "Panel_Dimmer". You can change the fade animation end number and that will alter it. I also noticed in that include there is a visible setting to change the time before the fade appears, but there is not a setting in the Top Menu to do so. I'll fix that as well.
I should know this already but don't and can't find an answer.
I am wanting to add some more home screen menu selections:
If all the available ones are used up in: Settings: Skin Settings: Main Menu: Customize Main Menu: ..................
Can new ones be created?
or
Is this a limitation of the skin?

Thank you
(2019-12-30, 14:24)latts9923 Wrote: @Kupo91
The code for that is in ViewsPanel.xml. At the top of the file is the include "Panel_Dimmer". You can change the fade animation end number and that will alter it. I also noticed in that include there is a visible setting to change the time before the fade appears, but there is not a setting in the Top Menu to do so. I'll fix that as well.

Not sure if I understand you right. What do you mean by top menu? Can I change the time before the fade appears yet or do I have to wait for your fix?
Because I edited the values of start and end but this didnt bring the effect that I was looking for
@nomnom27 
How were you able to change the media icons?
Did you do this manually? Thanks in advance.

@melons2
I'm not aware of any way to increase the amount of main menu items besides altering the code.

@Kupo91
There is a missing button in the Top Menu that I will have to add to the next update to control the timer for that image. It's set by default to 3 seconds. What effect are you trying to achieve?
(2019-12-31, 14:21)latts9923 Wrote: @Kupo91
There is a missing button in the Top Menu that I will have to add to the next update to control the timer for that image. It's set by default to 3 seconds. What effect are you trying to achieve?

I want the selected movie always to be brighter than the rest:

I think thats what you meant by default 3 seconds.
So I will be able to set this timer to 0 seconds after next update?
Hi @latts9923 
Please see picture:
Would it be possible to make the statue/s smaller & move it to the top middle as my arrows suggests?
If not for everybody, can you maybe tell me where I can change the code to get the desired result.
Just my personal preference.
Thanks
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
@Kupo91
I added the new Top Menu button and also added a no delay option for the Panel view. To get this working before the next update, open the file ViewsPanel.xml and change
xml:

<include name="Panel_Dimmer">
<left>0</left>
<top>0</top>
<texture>darkgrey.png</texture>
<colordiffuse>$INFO[Skin.String(colortexture)]</colordiffuse>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="45" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
<include>Animation_Fade</include>
<visible>[String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),1) + System.IdleTime(1) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),2) + System.IdleTime(2) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),3) + System.IdleTime(3) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),4) + System.IdleTime(4) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),5) + System.IdleTime(5)] + Control.HasFocus(62)</visible>
</include>
to
xml:

<include name="Panel_Dimmer">
<left>0</left>
<top>0</top>
<texture>darkgrey.png</texture>
<colordiffuse>$INFO[Skin.String(colortexture)]</colordiffuse>
<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="45" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
<include>Animation_Fade</include>
<visible>[String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),0) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),1) + System.IdleTime(1) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),2) + System.IdleTime(2) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),3) + System.IdleTime(3) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),4) + System.IdleTime(4) | String.Contains(skin.string(panel_seconds),5) + System.IdleTime(5)] + Control.HasFocus(62)</visible>
</include>

Next, open IncludesTopMenu.xml and find
xml:

<control type="radiobutton" id="9290">
<include>TopMenuRadioButton</include>
<label>31486</label>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(nopanelvideocase)</onclick>
<selected>!Skin.HasSetting(nopanelvideocase)</selected>
<visible>Control.IsVisible(62) + !Skin.HasSetting(noviewpanelposter) + [Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)]</visible>
</control>
and add this above it
xml:

<control type="button" id="80135">
<include>TopMenuButton</include>
<label>$LOCALIZE[31621]:</label>
<label2>$VAR[panel_seconds]</label2>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(panel_seconds),0)">Skin.SetString(panel_seconds,1)</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(panel_seconds),1)">Skin.SetString(panel_seconds,2)</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(panel_seconds),2)">Skin.SetString(panel_seconds,3)</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(panel_seconds),3)">Skin.SetString(panel_seconds,4)</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(panel_seconds),4)">Skin.SetString(panel_seconds,5)</onclick>
<onclick condition="String.IsEqual(skin.string(panel_seconds),5)">Skin.SetString(panel_seconds,0)</onclick>
</control>

Next, open IncludesVariables.xml and add this variable to the top.
xml:

<variable name="panel_seconds">
<value condition="Skin.String(panel_seconds,0)">$LOCALIZE[32201]</value>
<value condition="Skin.String(panel_seconds,1)">$LOCALIZE[31465]</value>
<value condition="Skin.String(panel_seconds,2)">$LOCALIZE[31466]</value>
<value condition="Skin.String(panel_seconds,3)">$LOCALIZE[31467]</value>
<value condition="Skin.String(panel_seconds,4)">$LOCALIZE[31468]</value>
<value condition="Skin.String(panel_seconds,5)">$LOCALIZE[31469]</value>
</variable>

Finally, open the strings.po language file and add this to the end.
xml:

msgctxt "#32201"
msgid "NO DELAY"
msgstr "NO DELAY"
@JanM201
Open ViewsRightList.xml and find "<!-- Awards -->". Below that is all the code for the Oscar images.
@latts9923 Thank you, it works Smile
(2019-12-31, 09:05)hackademic Wrote: @nomnom27 
How were you able to change the media icons?
Did you do this manually? Thanks in advance.

I used kodi texture tool to customize my icons. You can get it here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=201883

There are tutorials on how to use it. It's pretty easy.
(2019-12-22, 21:09)chrissix Wrote: sure, just add a visible condition in the imdb 250 code!
movies: <visible>!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Top250) + !Integer.IsEqual(ListItem.Top250,0)</visible>
tvshows: <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250)) + !Integer.IsEqual(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250),0)</visible>

If you have no idea what i am talking about you have try to get into the basics of skinning .xml -> Skinning_Manual (wiki) 
Hey @"chrissix"  figured it out for movie extended info but I can't figure out for tv extended info. I copied the codes and placed them here:

and I still get no results. For example: 

If you can help me that would be great. No hurry. Have a happy new years  Smile
  • 127(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod13