Bug Titles disappearing since upgrading to 2.9.8
Since the most recent update to 2.9.8 I've experienced the below a few times whereby the title of shows and movie sets disappear (movie titles remain visible).  (clears on restart).

Rolled back to an older release and problem has cleared up.

are you able to reproduce this?
according to the changes, we did not have changed anything from this area for 2.9.8...
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2018-03-09, 12:38)mlaggner Wrote: are you able to reproduce this?
according to the changes, we did not have changed anything from this area for 2.9.8...
I thought rolling back to an older version had cleared this up (2.9.4) but it's happened again.  Sad

I leave TMM running all the time on my file server (never had any problems until recently).  It seems to happen randomly, I leave the machine alone and everything looks fine, when I go back a few hours later, the titles are all missing.

Just logged on to my server, TMM was fine last night when I left it.  And today no titles again. 

The only clue I have is that Movie names and Season entries are unaffected.  These show as normal.

It's just TV Show names, episode names and Movie Set names that disappear.

I'm using TMM since two years or so. I start it when I need it. I use it to scarpe, nothing else. In all that time I've never seen something like that before - until today.

A restart of TMM did help. There's no hint in the logs between my last activity and the disappearing titles.

TMM 2.9.8 is the version, I use it since it's appearance. It's running on Windows 10, latest updates applied. All data is stored on a NAS. I was shuffling some folders around because I'm converting from ReiserFS to XFS currently. Beside that no hint why the titles disappeared out of sudden.
do you use some sort of remote desktop?
I know that there are issues with the microsoft rdp service and direct2d rendering
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Funny you say that as I do RDP to my server daily.  (Although this has been the case for years and I've not had an issue with TMM before).
See the FAQ https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...FAQ#errors
Maybe adding this jvm arg to extra.txt works for you
(2018-03-18, 09:43)mlaggner Wrote: See the FAQ https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...FAQ#errors
Maybe adding this jvm arg to extra.txt works for you
 Thanks for the tip, just added this and will see how it goes.    Smile
Added -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false to extras.txt and been running for a couple of days before it finally happened again today. Sad
did you try v3?
the tree has been completely rewritten and maybe there is no more issue in v3 (which we focus now)
(2018-03-21, 18:15)mlaggner Wrote: did you try v3?
the tree has been completely rewritten and maybe there is no more issue in v3 (which we focus now)
 Not tried v3 yet but will give it a go this weekend.

I have discovered what I think was triggering the issue I had though.  It appears that everything is OK on my file server until I connect with my Surface Pro 4 (which alters the DPI scaling the during the RDP session due to the resolution of it's own screen).  Once I disconnect that and re-connect from a PC/phone at 1920x1080 resolution, this is when the titles disappear.  If I never connect via the Surface Pro (and this no DPI  scaling is performed) the issue does not appear to occur.

Not sure if that helps anyone else.  Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titles disappearing since upgrading to 2.9.80