• 1(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
I couldn't find a thread for the latest Netflix Input Stream based Add-on and google just shows up piracy links, so I thought it was about time we had a thread about it so people with paid subscriptions can use netflix inside Kodi.

This is not my Add-on, but seems like a good community effort. This is also not an "official Add-on" by the Kodi team. It has been built by 3rd parties.

The trademark "Netflix" is registered by "Netflix, Inc.",
the add-on is not officially commissioned/supported by Netflix.

Requirements
- A paid Netflix subscription
- Kodi v19 or above
- InputStream Adaptive Add-on (is usually installed automatically, on some linux platforms a separate installation is required)
- Pycryptodome python library (is usually installed automatically, on some linux platforms a separate installation is required)

Source
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix

Repository Install (auto update to new releases)
https://github.com/castagnait/repository...-2.0.1.zip
(if the link does not work, you can find the updated link in the Readme on the source page)

Instructions
The installation method may vary depending on the type of device used.
To find out how to install the add-on on your device, see the following Wiki page:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...-the-addon

Posting a problem or bug
If you are posting about a problem, always provide a LOG file, see: https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
You can also find instructions on the Readme: https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...oesnt-work

Adding Netflix videos to your Kodi library
1) First step Enable Kodi library management on the add-on, so open add-on settings, under "Library" category enable Kodi library management.
2) Create and add the Netflix tvshows / movies folders to the Kodi library:
You can find instructions to add these folders automatically by reading Add Netflix folders to Kodi library sources (open Wiki link).
3) Now you can start adding your tv shows / movies to the Kodi library:
Open the context menu on the selected tv show or movie, and select "Export to library" entry.

You can also enable auto-update, or also auto-sync your Kodi library with My List of your account profile,
to find out how it works, you can read the following Wiki page:
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...di-library

NOTE ON DELETING TV SHOWS/MOVIES FROM KODI LIBRARY
What needs to be noted is that whether we have a Netflix source (containing .strm files pointing to a Netflix movie/tv show) or a local HDD source (containing video in mkvs, mp4s or other files), they are treated the same way by Kodi.
Therefore if you remove a title from the Kodi library by using its context menu, that entry will only be removed from the Kodi database, so the files will still be on the disk. This means that when the library will be updated on the next time, the removed titles (tvshows/movies) will become visible again.
To permanently remove a tvshow/movie title from the Kodi library, open Netflix add-on, find and select the tvshow/movie to be removed, then open the context menu and select "Remove from library".
This operation will take care of deleting the files on disk related to the title to be deleted and also remove the title from the Kodi library database.

Video Instructions
The following video at today is outdated and refers to an old add-on version, but gives an idea of the steps to follow in general.

Thx nate!

Supported resolutions
This must be acquired in a general way, because resolutions can depend on many factors:
  • Resolution 4k
    Android devices certified Widevine L1
  • Resolution 1080p (not always guaranteed)
    Android devices certified Widevine L1
    Windows, Linux, MacOs
  • Resolution 540p
    Android devices Widevine L3 and not certified (when they work)

Some slower devices like RPI's that have a low-end CPUs you will have to limit the resolution to 720p in order to have smooth playback.

Wiki
Refer to the following Wiki page for any other information, faq for common problem solving, etc...
https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.video.netflix/wiki
Hi, first off there was a thread I was reading about this, but I can't find it now for the life of me, I closed that browser tab, so apologies.

I installed the latest Kodi 18 nightly on my MiBox (Android) and downloaded the new Netflix add-on, following the instructions here: https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.video.netflix

In particular it's showing the following, so I don't believe I need to install anything extra..

Prerequisites
Kodi 18 nightlybuild
Inputstream.adaptive >=v2.0.0 (should be included in your Kodi 18 installation)
Libwidevine >=1.4.8.970 (for non Android devices)

However, I can't install the Netflix add-on as I get a screen telling me that 2 dependencies are missing:

script.module.pycryptodome
Unavailable

Inputstream.adaptive
Unavailable

All the other dependencies are showing as installed.

Would appreciate any ideas/advice here; tried to search for both of those terms/dependencies and couldn't find anything to help me.
Inputstream.adaptive should be installed by default, but may be disabled. Go to my addons in settings and look under videoplayer inputstream. You should find both inputstream.adaptive and RTMP.input there.

Not 100% sure about pycryptodome, but there is this on Github .
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
I have both inputstream.adaptive and RTMP.input enabled in Kodi, already checked this before posting although I didn't mention (my bad). Restarted Kodi but still it's showing as unavailable when I try to install the addon.

The GitHub link doesn't help much, also it's showing that it's outdatedby 12 months?

Unfortunately I can't find the thread about this new Netflix addon which I read should be working, just not clear how exactly without these two dependencies....
Having the exact same issue as described by OP.
Nightly (20180314) installed on my nvidia sheild tv, InputStream Adaptive (2.2.0) and RTMP Input (2.0.3) are enabled. When i try to install the netflix plugin I'm failing on the same dependencies.  I did install the nightly on top of Kodi 17, and I wonder if that could be the cause. I did clear-cache and restart Kodi. no luck.
I can confirm this.
I use this addon avery day, and working like a charm on windows machines. Very good quality of image and sound. Quite simple to configure. I can import strm files to my library, Add and remove movies/series to My List.

It's a definitive addon to Netflix.

Need some cosmestic, but not a problem to watch some good stuffs.
Unfortunately development is at a standstill for 4 months now.
(2018-03-17, 15:27)sagrath Wrote: I can confirm this.
I use this addon avery day, and working like a charm on windows machines. Very good quality of image and sound. Quite simple to configure. I can import strm files to my library, Add and remove movies/series to My List.

It's a definitive addon to Netflix.

Need some cosmestic, but not a problem to watch some good stuffs.
 Do you have any instructions on installation on Windows? How and where did you install the libwidevine module?
Yes.

I follow this steps:

Install the addon normally
download the widevinecdm.dll from the firefox sources:

CDM files

(To x64 Kodi I used the "WINNT_x86_64-msvc", link is below his name)

Create a cdm folder in userdata folder (the same folder where the kodi.log is)
Put the widevinecdm.dll inside the cdm folder (used lowercase).

Open the addon
Put your credentials
Enjoy it!

I don´t use the x86 Kodi. So I don´t know what exactly version of widevinecdm.dll is necessary, or if it´s the same widevinecdm.dll.

Hope this help!
Cheers!
(2018-03-17, 16:39)Gregoire Wrote: Unfortunately development is at a standstill for 4 months now.
 Yes, but is still working. The developer, Asciidisco, is quite busy these days, but he claimed that the addon it´s not abandoned, he´s just busy by personal reasons. Wish I could help, but I´m not a coder Sad
Thanks!

Updated the 1st post with Windows instructions.
Anyone have this addon working on Android? I always get a "playback failed" error when I try to play a video.
(2018-03-23, 00:42)yurimcz Wrote: Anyone have this addon working on Android? I always get a "playback failed" error when I try to play a video.
Yes, played something yesterday and was working fine. Are you using Kodi 18?
@docwra 
Maybe worthwhile adding some instructions on how to add Netflix items to your Kodi library on the 1st post as well?
Only knock on this addon is the library integration. The KodiNerds Amazon addon lets you click on the watchlist folder and add all movies and shows to the library. Netflix addon forces you to add one movie or series at a time. It works, just a tedious process.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14