• 162(current)
Release Netflix Add-on [input-stream]
Hi guys, need some help with the installation of that add on into Kodi Leia 18.5.0.0.
I have installed Netflix according guide but when trying to start the program I get the message that sime required repository item 'cryptodome.random' is missing... 
kodi leila is running on my QNAP TS-251.
is this problem known? How would I solve it?
regards
Is this working flawless for shield users? Does anyone know? I have some stuttering once in a while. I have all the latest Updates. Shield 2017 and sony oled. The tv is set to play the exact framerate. Also kodi but still its not perfect. Many times its stuttering.
(2020-08-07, 19:54)Leeonn Wrote: Is this working flawless for shield users? Does anyone know? I have some stuttering once in a while. I have all the latest Updates. Shield 2017 and sony oled. The tv is set to play the exact framerate. Also kodi but still its not perfect. Many times its stuttering.
From what I researched, the stuttering has been a Kodi Leia issue. It affects different add-ons that require SECURE hardware decoding (Netflix does for anything above 540p) and when the video is anything but 60/59.94fps (US-produced content) or 50fps (for most non-US content).
Currently, all movies are sd. Waste of time guys. My Netflix plan includes 1080p.
(2020-08-07, 19:54)Leeonn Wrote: Is this working flawless for shield users? Does anyone know? I have some stuttering once in a while. I have all the latest Updates. Shield 2017 and sony oled. The tv is set to play the exact framerate. Also kodi but still its not perfect. Many times its stuttering.

Shield works without problems, you have some wrong setting
try check in player settings "Sync playback to display" if it is ON turn it OFF
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
(2020-08-08, 18:17)CastagnaIT Wrote:

Shield works without problems, you have some wrong setting
try check in player settings "Sync playback to display" if it is ON turn it OFF
It was turned OFF.

Now I was trying this.
When I also turn OFF adjust refresh rate and keep it at 59hz there is no stuttering but then it is 3:2 pullown I guess. In combination with refresh rate app it also works good with 24hz.

But when kodi adjusts the refresh rate then there is stuttering. Maybe just once in a minute. I dont know.
I have Netflix running fine on Kodi 18 leia.

On Kodi 19 Matrix I have sound but no picture. I installed 1.0.0 repo and addon 1.7.0. 

Any ideas?
The new release 1.7.1 will be out from today

Main changes are two:

1) New Profiles menu and new profile context menus

I noticed that a lot of users were confusing with these settings:
- setting of profile auto-selection
- setting to set the profile to playback from Kodi library
now these two setting are moved completely in the profiles list (see context menu of first screenshot).

Now it will be very easy to set or remove these settings.

Note: If you never set a profile for the Kodi library playback (context menu: Set for library playback),
the add-on will ask always to select a profile when you try to play a video.

The new Profiles menu will also allow you to change profile when the setting auto-selection is set,
without tediousness of open the add-on settings remove the auto-selection exit from the add-on.... bla bla...etc...

2) Sync Netflix watched status of videos with Kodi library

This feature was added, but only in one way mode.

What means, one way mode?

When you watch a video,
the updated watched status will be reported to netflix,
but the Kodi library will NEVER be synchronized with changes from outside or the add-on itself.

So you can only update the Netflix service, not the Kodi library status.
Of course need to be enabled separately from settings.

For all other changes see the changelog file.
Dev-Maintainer of InputStream Adaptive add-on, Netflix add-on ▫ Skills Python, C#, VB.NET and a bit of C++
Great work mate.

Does this work with Kodi 19 Matrix?
(2020-08-12, 21:05)Wafubloke Wrote: Great work mate.

Does this work with Kodi 19 Matrix?

Scrub that question. I found the repo in your signature.
About stuttering:
I am using this addon for at least a year on Shield without issues.
Only recently I started to notice some stuttering on various content. 
Yesterday I watched the new movie "Project Power" and it was un watchable.
Stuttering every minute and every about 5 minutes I got a "buffering" circle and the movie obviously paused for a few seconds.
Through Netflix app I watched it flawlessly.
I then tried other Atmos 4K content (Hill house) and didn't get any issues.

Maybe you can QA with that movie.
Hi folks,

Just installed 1.7.1 on Kodi 18 on a firestick 4k. I have a netflix premium subscription, but I do not see atmos content. I tested with a 2019 firecube (which does support atmos on netflix) and movies such as "6 underground" have Atmos and play it on my system.
But on 1.7.1 on the firestick 4k, no atmos. It just shows audio as 5.1. Here are screenshots of my expert settings, audio settings for the title, and the movie splash screen.

ImageImage

Am I missing something basic here? I figured I'd ask if I'm missing something simple before uploading logs. I've done a search on "atmos" on this thread, but can't seem to find any discussion of this particular problem. It seems others that have firesticks have no problem.

Thanks for any help
(2020-08-16, 10:18)Zass Wrote: Hi folks,

Just installed 1.7.1 on Kodi 18 on a firestick 4k. I have a netflix premium subscription, but I do not see atmos content. I tested with a 2019 firecube (which does support atmos on netflix) and movies such as "6 underground" have Atmos and play it on my system.
But on 1.7.1 on the firestick 4k, no atmos. It just shows audio as 5.1. Here are screenshots of my expert settings, audio settings for the title, and the movie splash screen.

ImageImage

Am I missing something basic here? I figured I'd ask if I'm missing something simple before uploading logs. I've done a search on "atmos" on this thread, but can't seem to find any discussion of this particular problem. It seems others that have firesticks have no problem.

Thanks for any help

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...not-appear
(2020-08-16, 18:50)CastagnaIT Wrote:
(2020-08-16, 10:18)Zass Wrote:  

https://github.com/CastagnaIT/plugin.vid...not-appear

Thank you for the response. I've checked every step in this process:
Quote:First of all make sure that:
You have a Premium Netflix subcription
Check that a video have the ATMOS track from another device

To check these two, I opened the title on the firecube. You can see that the title "6 underground" has the Atmos logo. Atmos sound also comes from the soundbar. Here is the photo showing the Atmos logo. We also know that the subscription is premium because of the Atmos logo (this is all being tested on the same Netflix account)

Quote:In add-on Expert settings, Enable Dolby Digital Plus is turned ON 

We can see this here:

Quote:In add-on Expert settings, try Clear in-memory and on-disk cache, and reload the list of videos

This is done as well. In the photo below, we can see the Netflix logo flash with Cache Cleared
Quote:Kodi does not support the ATMOS name as a track description, therefore is replaced by [DOLBY-HD], so:
On Kodi 18.x ATMOS tracks can be distinguished only from the skin media-flag [DOLBY-HD]. 

The system is Kodi 18, so when we look at the splash page for title, it does indeed show DOLBY-HD. So this is promising.

However, when we look at the soundbar info, it is not atmos. We know this in two ways. 1) There is no green light on the soundbar (Vizio systems have a green light when Atmos is played), and 2) Using the smartcast app, it will show in real time what the sound is. This photo shows it is DD+, not atmos.

So in conclusion, we've tried everything in the FAQ. The title shows DOLBY-HD as the FAQ says, but the sound is not Atmos, it is DD+.
Hi,
I also have the same issue, I have tried everything but I am not able to resolve this issue properly....  Sad

Hope to find a solution soon...

Regards,
Mika Hawkins
  • 162(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix Add-on [input-stream]14