v17 QUARTZ - Krypton
(2018-05-17, 16:19)nonJon Wrote:
(2018-05-17, 15:33)Aaiemron Wrote: Any chance that you make this skin compatibel with kodi Leia?
Thanks

Already is: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331334 
 Oops, sorry. I asked too
quick. Thanks a lot.
Interested in beta testing a significant new skin feature?

The link below will take you to a development branch of the skin where you can download Q5CE with the new Forced Views option.

Forced views allow you to globally associate a view to a particular type of content. Currently supported content types are: movies, movie sets, tv shows, seasons, episodes, artists, albums and songs.

You'll find the feature here: Settings>Skin>Views>Enable forced views

A skin helper add-on is required for this to work. Installation of this add-on is completely optional; just choose not to use this feature.

https://github.com/nonJon/skin.quartz.ce...rced-views

Thank you!
Is there a way of moving the menu bar so its not in the centre of the screen
Thanks
Gr8 skin btw
The short answer is no, the vertical position of the menu bar is fixed and it would take much effort to change that. You can, however, alter the width by hiding unused categories in skin settings.

Appreciate the compliment but credit for the skin's design goes to the original author... pecinko. Smile
Is there a chance for quartz ce to reach the kodi repos before the release of v18?
(2018-07-17, 09:41)jim_p Wrote: Is there a chance for quartz ce to reach the kodi repos before the release of v18?

I have no plans to seek wider release in the foreseeable future but thanks for asking.
Then, please consider making a typical repo for it on you github. Making it easy to install, because git cloning or downloading and installing from zip is not easy for the average user, will definitely increase its popularity.
@jim_p

The complexity argument is not persuasive because the average KODI user isn't browsing these forums for derivative works of long-abandoned skins. Moreover, this version of Q5CE is basically frozen so the benefit of auto-update would not obtain.

IOW, the status quo isn't changing any time soon, sorry.
Added skin theme:

an·gu·lar
adjective
(of an object, outline, or shape) having angles or sharp corners.

Kodi doesn't recognize this skin, at least not V17.6. Could you take a look at it?
(2019-05-18, 22:38)Soli Wrote: Kodi doesn't recognize this skin, at least not V17.6. Could you take a look at it?

Just did a test Install from zip file after downloading quartz from the link in the OP. No problem here. Anything in your log that might provide a clue?
Thanks for the quick follow up. I'll do some further checking. I tested it both on a new built-from-source (no external addons) and also my old trusty 14.04 kodibuntu. I did a "git clone" in my .kodi/addons folder and also usr/share/kodi/addons, but that shouldn't matter.
When cloning you'll find it necessary to cycle kodi and enable the skin via add-on settings.
Support for Quartz/Krypton has ended. Skin will remain available from my GitHub repo on an as-is basis. Thread locked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Krypton0