• 66(current)
Release IPTV Recorder
(2019-04-10, 17:20)lagman Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 17:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 16:14)lagman Wrote: You said "The json info is a custom format just for the IPTV Recorder and the Recordings folder view."

Just so I'm sure I understand, if I set the output to .mp4, should VLC then recognize json info?   Or in my situation is my only option to see the program descriptions to use the IPTV Recorder plugin?  
IPTV Recorder is the only program in the entire world that uses those json files and only in the Recordings view.

However the information in those files could be used to create nfo files or rename the ts files with a bit of scripting.

ts files are ok for vlc but some other programs like Emby or Jellyfin will probably ignore them.  

Yeah, VLC can see the ts files and play them easily enough, but I want be able to read the description of each episode before I open the file so I know what I'm about to watch.  Right now all I see are the files and the file names are not descriptive enough.

I'm fine with using the IPTV Recorder plugin as my player so I can see the descriptions.  I installed the plugin on one of my firesticks but I can't figure out how to make it look at my smb:// for the recordings.  In the options I only see 3 folders and no way to manually type in the path (ex. smb://myPC/recordings).  I think if I can figure that out I'll have what I need and can just use the IPTV Recorder plugin on each firestick as a viewer. 

So you're saying that you can't see myPC in
Firestick \ Kodi \ IPTV Recorder \ Settings \ Jobs and Rules \ Kodi Recording Folder \ <back...> \ Windows network (SMB) \ WORKGROUP \ myPC
?
If that is the case then either you haven't allowed file sharing from myPC
or added a rule to the firewall on myPC
or enabled an older version or compatible version of SMB in Kodi and myPC.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...ows-server
There is an SMB minimum version somewhere in Kodi but I can't find it right now.
(2019-04-10, 17:33)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 17:05)primaeval Wrote: IPTV Recorder is the only program in the entire world that uses those json files and only in the Recordings view.

However the information in those files could be used to create nfo files or rename the ts files with a bit of scripting.

ts files are ok for vlc but some other programs like Emby or Jellyfin will probably ignore them.  

Yeah, VLC can see the ts files and play them easily enough, but I want be able to read the description of each episode before I open the file so I know what I'm about to watch.  Right now all I see are the files and the file names are not descriptive enough.

I'm fine with using the IPTV Recorder plugin as my player so I can see the descriptions.  I installed the plugin on one of my firesticks but I can't figure out how to make it look at my smb:// for the recordings.  In the options I only see 3 folders and no way to manually type in the path (ex. smb://myPC/recordings).  I think if I can figure that out I'll have what I need and can just use the IPTV Recorder plugin on each firestick as a viewer.  

Firestick \ Kodi \ IPTV Recorder \ Settings \ Jobs and Rules \ Kodi Recording Folder \ <back...> \ Windows network (SMB) \ WORKGROUP \ myPC
?
There is an SMB minimum version somewhere in Kodi but I can't find it right now. 
Hmm.. I don't recall seeing the <back...> on the firestick but I may have just missed it.. I'll check that tonight after work.  I know it isn't a problem with SMB because I can access it outside of the plugin via the Kodi "Files" section.  I already had to enable CIFS in Windows 10 to get the SMB to work in VNC.
(2019-04-10, 18:02)lagman Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 17:33)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 17:20)lagman Wrote: Yeah, VLC can see the ts files and play them easily enough, but I want be able to read the description of each episode before I open the file so I know what I'm about to watch.  Right now all I see are the files and the file names are not descriptive enough.

?
Hmm.. I don't recall seeing the <back...> on the firestick but I may have just missed it.. I'll check that tonight after work.  I know it isn't a problem with SMB because I can access it outside of the plugin via the Kodi "Files" section.  I already had to enable CIFS in Windows 10 to get the SMB to work in VNC. 
<back> means whatever you use for Back, like Backspace in Windows.

I've been having problems accessing SMB shares on Windows recently from various Kodi addon Settings.
I had to add the server in the Kodi File Manager first by directly entering its name in the "Add network location..." dialog.
(2019-04-10, 18:14)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 18:02)lagman Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 17:33)primaeval Wrote: So you're saying that you can't see myPC in
?

I've been having problems accessing SMB shares on Windows recently from various Kodi addon Settings.
I had to add the server in the Kodi File Manager first by directly entering its name in the "Add network location..." dialog. 

Ah, ok.  I was looking for a "..." at the top to bring me back.  No keyboard on the firestick so I'll try using my Fire TV control app on my phone to send a Backspace char and see if that takes me to the SMB option.  Thanks!!
(2019-04-10, 18:37)lagman Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 18:14)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 18:02)lagman Wrote: Hmm.. I don't recall seeing the <back...> on the firestick but I may have just missed it.. I'll check that tonight after work.  I know it isn't a problem with SMB because I can access it outside of the plugin via the Kodi "Files" section.  I already had to enable CIFS in Windows 10 to get the SMB to work in VNC.  

Ah, ok.  I was looking for a "..." at the top to bring me back.  No keyboard on the firestick so I'll try using my Fire TV control app on my phone to send a Backspace char and see if that takes me to the SMB option.  Thanks!! 
I probably should have left the default folder as the top Kodi file system level but I wanted the defaults to be able to record without having to touch anything if you already had IPTV Simple Client set up.
I never spotted that there was no .. there before.

Firesticks have got a frustratingly simple remote. Lots of people have problems with Kodi with them. I thought most of them at least had a Back button though.
(2019-04-10, 17:05)primaeval Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 16:14)lagman Wrote: You said "The json info is a custom format just for the IPTV Recorder and the Recordings folder view."

Just so I'm sure I understand, if I set the output to .mp4, should VLC then recognize json info?   Or in my situation is my only option to see the program descriptions to use the IPTV Recorder plugin?  
IPTV Recorder is the only program in the entire world that uses those json files and only in the Recordings view.

There is another addon you can use that will give you all the info you need. It’s extended info and meta I believe. Pm me for more info.
(2019-04-11, 02:57)ed_davidson01 Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 17:05)primaeval Wrote: IPTV Recorder is the only program in the entire world that uses those json files and only in the Recordings view.

There is another addon you can use that will give you all the info you need. It’s extended info and meta I believe. Pm me for more info. 
Hi Ed - I'm interested in this plugin.  I don't see an option to PM.  Maybe because I'm new to the forum?

In version 0.0.130 I've added a couple of things that might help you.

You can turn off creating the json files in the Settings \ Jobs and Rules.
That means that the Recordings folder won't have the program description.

I've made the Other folder create sub-directories.
Depending on how your xmltv programs are formatted you might be able to add the folders to the Kodi Library so they get picked up by the scanners.

I had a look at the nfo problem and I remembered that Kodi is very picky about how TV Shows are named.
If they don't contain the S1E1 type numbering or a date they won't get scanned as episodes.
So there is no point making nfo files if there is no episode number and if there is Kodi will scan them properly anyway.

I've also added the genpts ffmpeg flags which makes scrolling through a recording more likely to work without jumping around in time.
(2019-04-12, 20:53)lagman Wrote:
(2019-04-10, 17:20)lagman Wrote: Yeah, VLC can see the ts files and play them easily enough, but I want be able to read the description of each episode before I open the file so I know what I'm about to watch.  Right now all I see are the files and the file names are not descriptive enough.

Hi Ed - I'm interested in this plugin.  I don't see an option to PM.  Maybe because I'm new to the forum?

It is.

That's why we have threads here instead 😉
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

I tried to message you but you have your messaging disabled. Maybe enable it and I’ll try again.
(2019-04-13, 05:35)ed_davidson01 Wrote:
(2019-04-11, 02:57)ed_davidson01 Wrote: There is another addon you can use that will give you all the info you need. It’s extended info and meta I believe. Pm me for more info. 

I tried to message you but you have your messaging disabled. Maybe enable it and I’ll try again. 

I don't think it's by choice.  I'm new to the forum so I think PM is disabled for now.
(2019-04-15, 02:31)lagman Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 05:35)ed_davidson01 Wrote:
(2019-04-12, 20:53)lagman Wrote: Hi Ed - I'm interested in this plugin.  I don't see an option to PM.  Maybe because I'm new to the forum? 

I don't think it's by choice.  I'm new to the forum so I think PM is disabled for now. 
Post your email then please
(2019-04-15, 02:46)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2019-04-15, 02:31)lagman Wrote:
(2019-04-13, 05:35)ed_davidson01 Wrote: I tried to message you but you have your messaging disabled. Maybe enable it and I’ll try again.  

Post your email then please 
[email protected]
(2019-04-12, 21:10)primaeval Wrote:

In version 0.0.130 I've added a couple of things that might help you.

You can turn off creating the json files in the Settings \ Jobs and Rules.
That means that the Recordings folder won't have the program description.

I've made the Other folder create sub-directories.
Depending on how your xmltv programs are formatted you might be able to add the folders to the Kodi Library so they get picked up by the scanners.

I had a look at the nfo problem and I remembered that Kodi is very picky about how TV Shows are named.
If they don't contain the S1E1 type numbering or a date they won't get scanned as episodes.
So there is no point making nfo files if there is no episode number and if there is Kodi will scan them properly anyway.

I've also added the genpts ffmpeg flags which makes scrolling through a recording more likely to work without jumping around in time. 
Seems to be pulling in all of the info now.. I'm not sure if it is the fact it is going into separate directories or not but so far 9 out of the last 9 shows now have a description when I view them in the IPTV Recorder->Recordings.  Thanks!
hi I'm new to this topic and struggle with the installation on my mac IOS.

Can somebody tell me in details how to read the following instruction?

I have completed the first 2 steps:

Install this addon via my repo. https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip > done
Download ffmpeg for your device > done

But now need some help doing the next step:

Point to the ffmpeg exe in Settings.

How is this done? I have installed ffmpeg version 4.1.3 on my mac just now... 

Apologies about this basic question but may be you can point me to a direction to get more familiar with this..
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Recorder4