Using profiles with different advancesettings? One local, one with mysql?
I use a Vero 4K as my main kodi device, and I've use mysql settings in the advancedsettings. I also got Kodi installed on a Mac laptop, an Android phone and iPads.

The other units, I want the default profile to be the mysql user, but also use a profile that's local, with no connection to other profiles library (mysql) but only local paths.

When I create a second profile, I pick to use separate info and sources, but when I sign in to that profile, it still use the other library.

Is there a way to have the way I want, with no scanned library when I log in to the local profile?

Thanks.

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Yes it's possible, but you will actually need three profiles.

What happens is for every profile you create, a sub-folder gets created in the userdata (wiki)/profiles folder for each profile and that can contain specific files for that profile (e.g. advancedsettings.xml (wiki)). There is also the files for the main default profile, which reside in the userdata (wiki) folder itself.

So what happens is if you have an advancedsettings file for the profile and one for the default profile, both will get loaded (if you look in the debug log (wiki) you can see it). This is probably the source of your problem.

What you need to do is make two profiles in addition to the master one, one for online (with MySQL (wiki)) and one for offline (without it), and don't have any advancedsettings at all for the master profile (or at least none that you don't want shared with all the other profiles). That should then work - I've had a similar set-up myself in the past on my tablet and it worked fine.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-03-26, 16:06)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes it's possible, but you will actually need three profiles.

What happens is for every profile you create, a sub-folder gets created in the userdata (wiki)/profiles folder for each profile and that can contain specific files for that profile (e.g. advancedsettings.xml (wiki)). There is also the files for the main default profile, which reside in the userdata (wiki) folder itself.

So what happens is if you have an advancedsettings file for the profile and one for the default profile, both will get loaded (if you look in the debug log (wiki) you can see it). This is probably the source of your problem.

What you need to do is make two profiles in addition to the master one, one for online (with MySQL (wiki)) and one for offline (without it), and don't have any advancedsettings at all for the master profile (or at least none that you don't want shared with all the other profiles). That should then work - I've had a similar set-up myself in the past on my tablet and it worked fine.
 Hmm, but I don't have any new created advancedsettings for the new local profiles, but it use mysql anyway? Is it because the master will get loaded anyway?

Do I understand you correct if you say that "leave the master profile as it is", with no advancedsettings and stuff, and then let the two other profiles be "mysql" and "local"?

Can I now then remove my local profile, then create a new that copies everything and put the advancesettings files in that profile userdata, and remove that file from the master user userdata, and then create yet another that doesn't copy anything at all?

/Söder

/Söder
The simplest way is to leave the master profile completely factory new and unused, and then make two other profiles and use those. Or if it already has been used then yes what you say above, remove the advancedsettings from the master profile and only have it in the two secondary profiles ("MySQL" and "local"). If you want you can move the advanced settings file from the userdata folder into the MySQL profile sub-folder and then it will take the same settings that you now have for your master profile.

Basically anything in the master profile (in the userdata (wiki) folder) will get used/loaded in the other profiles as well (before it, so anything in both will take the profile values, the master ones getting loaded first and then overwritten by the sub-profile ones). So in your case if the master profile contains an advancedsetting file with MySQL settings in it, then all of your profiles will use MySQL (unless you have dummy blank code in their specific advancedsettings files to overwrite the settings in the master one).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Does that mean, that is I like all the settings I've done in my Master Profile, still will be used if I now only removes the advancesettings file?

/Söder
Basically the userdata (wiki) folder is the "home" folder for the master profile. Each additional profile will have its own folder in the profiles folder in that main userdata one.

Essentially all of the settings for the master profile are loaded first (at boot-up, before you enter the profile selection screen), and then if you select a secondary profile then those are loaded afterwards, and will overwrite those of the master where they both exist.

This is how you can have the secondary profiles, either share things like sources and libraries with the master profile or to have their own individual ones. If they share then they don't have their own settings, but if they are individual then they will have their own versions of the files in their own folder which will overwrite the ones in the master's userdata (wiki) folder.

The best way to understand things is to use a file manager and look in your userdata (wiki) folder to see what's there for the master profile, and then navigate down from there into the profiles folder and from there into the sub-folders for your other profiles. Compare the files in there to those for the master profile. Also look in the debug log (wiki) when using a secondary profile and you should see entries for both the master profile advancedsettings file and later on the one for your secondary profile (presuming both exist of course).

Kodi Blog Posts
It just hit me, that two profiles should be enough, as long as I use the Master user as local, and the 2nd as mysql?

/Söder
Yes, that should work as long as there's nothing in your "local" profile that you don't want in your "MySQL" one.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using profiles with different advancesettings? One local, one with mysql?0