Icons from epg aren't showing in Kodi
I'm using the xmltv plugin in MP to import my epg. The epg works fine, just the icons don't show up in Kodi. I've tried changing the image source from http to a local path, but no help.

Here a programme in my xmltv:
xml:
<programme start="20180330171000 +1300" stop="20180330180000 +1300" channel="99">
    <title>The Chase</title>
    <desc>It's game on as teams attempt to answer quick-fire questions in a 60-second round, with each correct answer earning them £1,000!</desc>
    <category>series</category>
    <rating>
      <value>G</value>
    </rating>
    <audio-description present="no" />
    <subtitles type="teletext" />
    <credits>
      <actor>Nicholas Gleaves</actor>
    </credits>
    <icon src="http://mydomain.com/example.jpg" />
  </programme>
Channel icons or programme thumbnails?
MediaPortal 1.x TV Server stores datas (channels, programs...) in a MySQL database ('MpTvDb'), but its EPG table 'program' contains no column field in order to store an "icon/thumbnail" URL (or local path). So, presently, there is no way for the MP 1.x PVR addon, which reads the datas from this MySQL database, to populate the field 'sIconPath' in the Kodi local database "Epg11.db" (in Kodi v. 17.x)... unless you update it manually (not tried myself for the moment).

Just hope that futur versions of MediaPortal TV Server, or Kodi addons, would scrap the "<icon src='http:\....\.png'>" info in the XmlTv file, and store it in the MyTvDb MySQL database, so that Kodi addon could use it to show, at last, picture in the EPG...
(2018-04-25, 08:23)JeePeCe Wrote: MediaPortal 1.x TV Server stores datas (channels, programs...) in a MySQL database ('MyTvDb'), but its EPG table 'programs' contains no column field in order to store an "icon/thumbnail" URL (or local path). So, presently, there is no way for the MP 1.x PVR addon, which reads the datas from this MySQL database, to populate the field 'sIconPath' in the Kodi local database "EPG11.db" (in Kodi v. 17.x)... unless you update it manually (not tried myself for the moment).

Sorry, but this misses the point. If you have TV icon/thumbnails scraped by the MediaPortal thumbnail plugin, or manually downloaded, they are placed in a particular folder and they show up in the MediaPortal TV guide and UI.

If you set the file location in Kodi TV settings, it will find these thumbs.
Maybe I'm wrong, but from my experience, this particular folder only works for recorded TV shows. Kodi displays indeed the thumbnails (even on client peripherals, if ones uses UNC path), but it doesn't work for the TV Guide itself... or did I miss something important ?

I do not know any specific plugin for MediaPortal dedicated to scrap thumbnails whose URL 'iconsource' are filled in XmlTv files. What "MediaPortal thumbnail plugin" did you refer to ?
(2018-04-25, 19:40)JeePeCe Wrote: Maybe I'm wrong, but from my experience, this particular folder only works for recorded TV shows. Kodi displays indeed the thumbnails (even on client peripherals, if ones uses UNC path), but it doesn't work for the TV Guide itself... or did I miss something important ?

I do not know any specific plugin for MediaPortal dedicated to scrap thumbnails whose URL 'iconsource' are filled in XmlTv files. What "MediaPortal thumbnail plugin" did you refer to ?
 The original poster isn't contributing, so I can't be sure what we are talking about.

If we are talking about the icons that MP uses for the channels, then Kodi has a folder to store these. You just need to copy them across.

If we are talking about generation of thumbnails from the actual recordings, then I am not at all sure. I assume it would be up to Kodi to generate its own version, as it does for TV episodes and all other types of video.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Icons from epg aren't showing in Kodi0