Deprecated TVCatchup

Project moved to: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=335116

Available from the Official Kodi repository.

watch gallery
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Works great and this addon does not require a VPN in the US.
Is this for Catch Up TV only, ie programmes that have already been broadcast?
Just tried a couple of BBC programmes in the 'Line Up' category and seems to be a Live Tv feed.
Thanks @Lunatixz
This is a great addon and it is all live TV.

Two other people made this addon and Lunatixz's version I believe has better picture quality and he is going to make a guide.

Thanks Lunatixz
(2018-04-17, 00:47)rocko Wrote: This is a great addon and it is all live TV.

Two other people made this addon and Lunatixz's version I believe has better picture quality and he is going to make a guide.

Thanks Lunatixz
 No, the picture quality is exactly same since TVCatchup only offers one quality level.
Very cool, thanks.
Really like the integrated guide, which seem to have some additions coming.

Really nice work!
(2018-04-16, 23:40)Dumyat Wrote: Is this for Catch Up TV only, ie programmes that have already been broadcast?
Just tried a couple of BBC programmes in the 'Line Up' category and seems to be a Live Tv feed.
 CatchupTV.com is only Live TV. It doesn't actually offer any 'catch up' service.
Their FAQs give a bit of background - http://www.tvcatchup.com/faqs

Wikipedia also has some info as well - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVCatchup

The soon is working very well though (even on my travels) and the EPG will save a lot of time looking up via my TVheadend remote setup. Nice one @Lunatixz (as usual)...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@[b]Lunatixz[/b]
Thank you for youe great work on this add-on.
It works well on my mac but so far I only get empty folders on my Appletv4k.
Possibly Im missing some dependancies.
@Lunatixz Thanks very much for providing this addon, which is very much appreciated especially because of inclusion of your build in uEPG. Cool Big Grin

Been trying this addon out on both a Win10 PC and Raspberry Rpi3 runing latest versions of Kodi Krypton and works well however it appears that uEPG currently will only work effectively once (1st time entered) after each restart of Kodi.

1st attempt to access uEPG (Where I notice a general need to wait and be patient for EPG to load)

Further attempts to enter uEPG (after exiting and re-entering tvcatchup addon) takes user to uEPG settings? and once within this option exiting uEPG settings and attempting to re-use tvcatchup addon the user appears to be within confusing loop between catchup and uEPG addons?

Here is Kodi log for my rpi3 running Libreelec Kodi.log when above issue occured. (Note: Log contains additional information to kodi.log as I utilised libreelec settings method to provide pastebin)
I note that you have options for turning specific debug on within tvcatchup addon and additionally uEPG, so if you require further detailed information just let me know.
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Thanks I'll look into it.

Looks like your log is missing debugging information; please enable debugging in both Kodi and the TVcatchup plugin, then reproduce error.
Cool addon! Thanks!
@Lunatixz larger kodi.log as requested, debug turned on in Kodi, TVCatchup and uEPG addons, then performed similar operation going into uEPG selecting and playing one channel, then exiting channel, uEPG and re-entering etc.
(Note file uploaded to Gist due to size)
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
Getting a 404 error with your link...

BTW I tested the actions you described, however I'm seeing the expected behavior. uEPG closes and you are able to relaunch the application.

Are you sure you are exiting uEPG correctly by stopping playback, hitting back twice then selecting exit at the prompt?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVCatchup0