v18 "save this resolution" on initial install of Kodi 18 nightly (winx64)
Installed Winx64 nightly 180519 on win 7 x64 system.  On first run, when user goes to "settings - System" display goes blank for a couple seconds, then a confirm dialog pops up with title "save this resolution?".  I am unable to navigate the dialog using keyboard -- have to use mouse.  If no action is taken after several seconds the settings category window opens and I see in Display that full screen #1 is set @1920x1080p (display's native resolution) and "Use fullscreen window" is enabled.  AFAIK, this has always been the default on a new install in Windows, so why the change?  It seems sure to confuse users as no change in resolution was requested.  As a test, I deleted guisettings and repeated going into system settings.  Using the mouse, I was able to select the "yes" and "no" buttons in the confirm dialog.  But regardless the results seemed to be the same -- full screen (windowed) @1920x1080p.

I assume this is part of the resolution "whitelisting" PRs.  If this is performing as intended it seems like a potential support issue.

Update:  I also experience if I toggle windowed/fullscreen (keyboard \ ) that when toggling back to full screen I get the "save this resolution?" confirm dialog, and again it doesn't seem like selecting yes, no, or nothing makes any difference.

But on a more hopeful front, setting the whitelist and selecting resolution from the whitelist while playing video UI elements work as expected.

scott s.
I am having this same issue with x64 builds after 5/16 (5/16 is the last one that does not have the issue). When toggling from windowed mode back to full screen, I am asked if I want to save the resolution. The new resolution, however, is not 1920x1080p as it was previously. When toggling, it changes the resolution to 1770x1000p.
For windows platform users, probably best to post to this thread in the windows support forum, so we don't have too many going at once:

332125 (thread)

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"save this resolution" on initial install of Kodi 18 nightly (winx64)0