Blu-ray media flag for bdmv folder structure
Hi,

I have a problem to get the blu-ray flag shown for my blu-rays with bdmv/certificate folders.
How do I achive this?

My DVDs with VIDEO_TS folders are perfectly recognized as DVDs without the need of some naming conventions like you need to do for mkv files.

Someone got the working? I'm using the latest stable Krypton build with LibreELEC 8.2.5
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Which skin are you using @Maaarv ?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen I'm using Aeon Nox Silvo. So this is skin related?
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Is this what you are referring to along the bottom of the screen underneath the plot? If not. post a screenshot.

Those that I am referring to are read from the Stream table of the Kodi database when first scanned/scraped into the library or on first play.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
yeah that's what I meant.
So for DVDs I got the DVD media flag instead of the codec flag.
Same goes for my mkv encodes which are named movie.bluray.mkv (I see the bluray media flag here).
But for my untouched blurays with bdmv/certificate folder structures I just see the codec flag.
I'd expect the same behaviour as for DVDs here.

The flag doesn't change after playing the movie aswell.
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
So you don't see the HD 1080p icon next to the studio name?
My Signature
No, no, sorry.
I see the 1080p logo.
What I want is the Blu-ray media flag instead of the h.264 codec flag.

The codec flag also gets replaced by the DVD media flag or by the Blu-ray media flag for mkv files named 'name.bluray.mkv' for example.
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Moved to Aeon Nox forum
My Signature
Hmmm. I never tested this so I will rip one of my BluRays to BDMV instead of mkv and see what I can do.

I am very busy with RL at the moment so my apologies if it takes me a little while to look into this...

@Maaarv Please feel free to bug me by posting in the Aeon Nox SiLVO thread. I do my best to read everyday but... Life finds a way Wink

The way it works now is by filename. The reason for this is some want codec and some want BluRay, HDDVD, DVD, SDTV, HDTV, or whatever. The default is to show codec unless it is "overridden" by filename like the aforementioned options.

I will look into BDMV and VIDEO_TS folders since I have no idea ATM how to handle those in Kodi...
@mikeSiLVO Thanks for looking into this. Smile
I understand that codec flags should be the default but as you get a DVD media flag for VIDEO_TS folders same should happen for BDMV folders I think.
Especially since these are untouched rips.
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
(2018-06-27, 08:18)Maaarv Wrote: @mikeSiLVO Thanks for looking into this. Smile
I understand that codec flags should be the default but as you get a DVD media flag for VIDEO_TS folders same should happen for BDMV folders I think.
Especially since these are untouched rips.
OK, good to know about the VIDEO_TS folder. It currently works cause of these conditions:
Code:
String.Contains(ListItem.Filename,dvd) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.FileExtension,iso) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.FileExtension,ifo)
I just need to find what Kodi is looking for/playing in a BDMV folder. If you know what file it looks for and is playing I can change it ASAP otherwise I'd need to rip a new one, which is gonna take some time...
@mikeSiLVO

I believe it is looking for- My Source\Movie\BDMV\index.bdmv

My Signature
@Karellen Thanks for the info Smile

@Maaarv Should be easy to test by downloading this file.

Overwrite that file in the skins 16x9 folder and restart kodi if already running. If all is working well then the BluRay flag should appear in both library views and fullscreen playback.

Thanks.
@mikeSiLVO Nice, it's working. Thanks a lot for the fast help Smile (@Karellen aswell)
  • unRAID server
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
(2018-06-28, 06:03)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Karellen Thanks for the info Smile

@Maaarv Should be easy to test by downloading this file.

Overwrite that file in the skins 16x9 folder and restart kodi if already running. If all is working well then the BluRay flag should appear in both library views and fullscreen playback.

Thanks.
Hello

I can not download this file you linked.
I need it or if it already applied to Aeon skin , please let me know which file you update.

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blu-ray media flag for bdmv folder structure0