Solved Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv
Same problem on Kodi Leia on MiBox after the Oreo update. Would bem great to get a fix for it.
Love Kodi ! Keep up the good work all!
Yeah, same here, seems a lot of people have similar problem. And strange thing is, i can easily open movie in kodi via file commander.
Samedi problem
Solve with FAT32 format
(2018-07-03, 09:01)LaurentF Wrote: Solve with FAT32 format
That is not really a solution, that is circumventing the problem. Smile
If you find a solution, it will first appear in the nightlies build, right?
Yep.
To update, FX file explorer also doesn't seem to access my drives. When I tried to access USB drive, it is failing with error,
"This device does not appear to support the Android Storage Access Framework.
(Error: ACTION_OPEN_DOCUMENT_TREE not implemented by device)"

I am able to access the drive using xplore file manager. It was mounted as /storage/B0****/
When I tried to access the same location via FX, it throws "Access was denied" message.
If I'm reading this post correctly https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33...=20#p19095 Koying has fixed the Mi Box 3 issue with external NTFS drives for MrMC 3.7 testflight. I've requested being included in beta and am waiting for the update to MrMC lite to see if this works.

Would this be a fix that could be applied to Kodi 17.6 for Android 8.0.0 for the Mi Box 3
(2018-07-03, 20:37)selfcontained Wrote: Would this be a fix that could be applied to Kodi 17.6 for Android 8.0.0 for the Mi Box 3
Kodi 17.6 is over and done with. All focus and development is now on Kodi 18 Leia Alpha.
That's fine by me. Will there be a post on the blog when Kodi 18 alpha -whatever is able to work on the Mi Box w/Oreo?
As I've yet to get the beta version of MrMC 3.7.0, I cannot say whether it will be able to read files off of a USB-connected NTFS-formatted external drive. However, I can vouch for both VLC and Archos Video Player as working.

If anyone knows of other media players that can sucessfully read video files from a USB-connected NTFS-formatted external drive, please let the rest of us know. Until a nightly or beta release of Kodi 18 for Android Oreo is able to allow those of us who only use their Mi Boxes to play files from directly attached storage.

Thanks in advance.
Seems to work in MrMC, but I honestly have no idea why, as I didn't do anything specific...

Maybe because MrMC has a targetSDK of 26, now?
Ping to the devs, it will be mandatory by the end of the year for store apps, anyway. Be careful that you need runtime permissions, then, though: https://developer.android.com/training/p...requesting
Video 
Opened this account to tell you that I love Kodi!
Also, I have a MiBox 3 and since yesterday on Android TV Oreo. So yeah, same problem than other people (HDD working fine with Kodi until update, now I can't even access the root directory of the box).
I tested running VLC and it appears to see those drives. Very weird...
Any way, keep the good work!
How could we get the attention of developers?
NTFS issues appear fixed with the next OTA Mi Box Firmware update.

You can keep track of Beta Testing results....

Mi Box 3 Oreo Internal BETA test program (click)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to access External Hard disk after Oreo update via OTA in MIBox Tv0